Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

10-0 Boone Grove @ 7-3 Andrean

Big game up here in the region in 2A sectional semi final action. Not sure if there are any BG followers here but can anyone explain why this year is personal? Seems to be their motto or rally cry this season (at least what I see on Twitter) and I’m wondering if I missed something? Anxious to see this one play out Friday night.

8 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Don't think I have actually seen anyone a fan of Boone Grove on here nor Andrean Camp.    

Figured we get a few from the now debunk RSN message board that @DT killed   (just joking buddy)  

When did that site die? I had some CLASSIC battles with some wheeler guy. Haaa. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

Boone Grove....no JV equals no future.  May put a minor scare into the 69ers but game will be over before Nowlin Jr's bedtime.

They'll have 19 kids back next year. If they add in a 8-10 incoming freshman class plus add a couple upperclassmen. Get 33-35. You could have a jv. 

I don't think many have given BG much of a chance all year to make a solid run in 2A.  They are 10-0 and should be given credit for that.  Andrean has played a tougher schedule and has won the games they were suppose to and played tough in the other games with strong programs.  They have not received enough credit for the record and schedule that they play.  According to my sources, this will be a closer game then many believe it to be.  It is an exciting match up for 2A football.  The 2A north is tough road to go. Good luck to all.

7 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Sagarin has it as a tossup when you factor in the game is at Andrean.  Harrell gives it to Andrean by 1 point.  Should be a great game.  It will be cold, just like you region people like it!  Good luck!

I don’t know if we like it, per se, we just know how to deal with it.

5 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I don’t know if we like it, per se, we just know how to deal with it.

I'm over it. Living in Central Indiana the past 14 years has ruined my ability to handle a late Fall/Winter breeze coming off of Lake Michigan. I'm interesting to see how this one shakes out. This is a monumental moment for the upstart Boone Grove football program. They're on the Porter County side of Lakes Of Four Seasons, which is typically prime real estate for Andrean. This is a great opportunity for the Wolves to send a message.

1 minute ago, Boilernation said:

I'm over it. Living in Central Indiana the past 14 years has ruined my ability to handle a late Fall/Winter breeze coming off of Lake Michigan. I'm interesting to see how this one shakes out. This is a monumental moment for the upstart Boone Grove football program. They're on the Porter County side of Lakes Of Four Seasons, which is typically prime real estate for Andrean. This is a great opportunity for the Wolves to send a message.

That’s why brands like The North Face exist!  Just kidding, the game should be a good one, and although I’m typically pro-NCC, upsets are always fun.  But, BG (Boone Grove, people) are undefeated, so if the Wolves (not Wolfs😁) emerge victorious, does it count as one?

5 minutes ago, Graphic Context said:

The #thisyearispersonal is just something that the seniors came up with. It is just them being hungry to make it deep this year after losing last year in the sectional championship. I hope that clears it up for some people! We are not holding a grudge against anyone.

Good luck!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Graphic Context said:

The #thisyearispersonal is just something that the seniors came up with. It is just them being hungry to make it deep this year after losing last year in the sectional championship. I hope that clears it up for some people! We are not holding a grudge against anyone.

Awesome Man!!!

Best teams are ones that are Player Led / Senior Led !!

Welcome aboard !!   

Any plans for Boone Grove to invest in their own "Home" field in near future?    Does Boone Grove have a Middle School team?   

17 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Two factors in this game: Andrean is at home and their SOS is superior to Boone Grove's.   Boone Grove's SOS is 252 and Andrean's is 126.  That's like 40% better competition for Andrean.  Their schedule is one of the toughest in all of 2A. 

Andrean plays in the  NCC, but by my standards, the conference was down this year: Lowell struggled, Munster didn’t win a game, Highland & KV were mediocre per usual, at least those Bricklayers by the Mall (Hobart, for those of you playing at home).  The weather’s gonna be nasty, love this time of year!

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Let’s go hunting, yo pick up quick...

4 hours ago, Punttheball said:

I don't think many have given BG much of a chance all year to make a solid run in 2A.  They are 10-0 and should be given credit for that.  Andrean has played a tougher schedule and has won the games they were suppose to and played tough in the other games with strong programs.  They have not received enough credit for the record and schedule that they play.  According to my sources, this will be a closer game then many believe it to be.  It is an exciting match up for 2A football.  The 2A north is tough road to go. Good luck to all.

I'm is agreement with the spirit of your post, but losing by scores of 48-20, 33-10 and 33-10 isn't exactly playing tough.

Common opponent....... Hanover Central........... Andrean wins 44-23, BG wins 42-13.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Awesome Man!!!

Best teams are ones that are Player Led / Senior Led !!

Welcome aboard !!   

Any plans for Boone Grove to invest in their own "Home" field in near future?    Does Boone Grove have a Middle School team?   

For the "Home" field debacle, we have struggled with trying to obtain funds. We originally tried through the school, which did not work, and then our AD tried to set up a fundraiser for it but that was shut down as the school stated that we could not promise a stadium.

We also do have a middle school team, with a good amount of eighth graders coming up! I am not sure if this will lead to a JV squad, but we will see. We actually tried to play two JV games but were not able to for outside circumstances.

4 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

I'm is agreement with the spirit of your post, but losing by scores of 48-20, 33-10 and 33-10 isn't exactly playing tough.

Common opponent....... Hanover Central........... Andrean wins 44-23, BG wins 42-13.

One of Hanover Centrals scores came off a muffed punt at our own 5 as well. No excuses, just throwing it out there!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Graphic Context said:

For the "Home" field debacle, we have struggled with trying to obtain funds. We originally tried through the school, which did not work, and then our AD tried to set up a fundraiser for it but that was shut down as the school stated that we could not promise a stadium.

We also do have a middle school team, with a good amount of eighth graders coming up! I am not sure if this will lead to a JV squad, but we will see. We actually tried to play two JV games but were not able to for outside circumstances.

One of Hanover Centrals scores came off a muffed punt at our own 5 as well. No excuses, just throwing it out there!

Man, that would be great if community members of BG could see the benefit to the school and program to build their own home, nobody is asking for crazy stadium, but it would be so great for the Wolves to have a true home.   Great to hear about middle school team and amount of 8th grade players!!    

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Graphic Context said:

Welcome aboard GC.  Have a great game Friday.

22 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Andrean plays in the  NCC, but by my standards, the conference was down this year: Lowell struggled, Munster didn’t win a game, Highland & KV were mediocre per usual, at least those Bricklayers by the Mall (Hobart, for those of you playing at home).  The weather’s gonna be nasty, love this time of year!

Let’s go hunting, yo pick up quick...

@&!!$*#}^*—more grammatical errors, I hate it when that happens...