Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

10-0 Boone Grove @ 7-3 Andrean

4 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I'm over it. Living in Central Indiana the past 14 years has ruined my ability to handle a late Fall/Winter breeze coming off of Lake Michigan. I'm interesting to see how this one shakes out. This is a monumental moment for the upstart Boone Grove football program. They're on the Porter County side of Lakes Of Four Seasons, which is typically prime real estate for Andrean. This is a great opportunity for the Wolves to send a message.

Andrean's running back actually was supposed to go to Boone Grove! He played with all of our kids in Pop Warner.

Where does Boone Grove play it's home football games?  I don't know much about the place so I looked it up on Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Boone+Grove+High+School/@41.3958962,-87.1694752,1431m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x881193fed4126f33:0xb7498bb4399ae601!2sPorter+County,+IN!3b1!8m2!3d41.5248577!4d-87.1023746!3m4!1s0x88118df4c9d027bf:0xf95e62acc1838505!8m2!3d41.3962682!4d-87.1658599

See what looks to be a practice field, but no competition field with seating?  Could be an old image though......

• Disdain 1

Old Uncle Mark thinks Andrean big

https://www.usa-365.com/Mr_Picker_Week_11_Football_Picks_10-28-2019.htm 

Boone Grove (10-0) at Andrean (7-3):

MERRILLVILLE (11-01-2019)
 This is something else we’ll run into several times in the next two weeks. Andrean has played a very difficult schedule and they’ve lost three times to powerhouses Hobart (8-2), New Prairie (9-1) and Merrillville (9-1). Boone Grove has faced one of the state’s weakest schedules and they are undefeated. Halfback Braeton Vann has led Boone with 145 caries, for 1,425 yards. He’s scored 32 touchdowns. But Andrean defenders have faced players like that.

Andrean 35, Boone Grove 14

There is one component that doesn't get spoken enough of with Andrean, their All State KICKER.   that dude is unreal.   Big time leg 

39 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Old Uncle Mark thinks Andrean big

https://www.usa-365.com/Mr_Picker_Week_11_Football_Picks_10-28-2019.htm 

Boone Grove (10-0) at Andrean (7-3):

MERRILLVILLE (11-01-2019)
 This is something else we’ll run into several times in the next two weeks. Andrean has played a very difficult schedule and they’ve lost three times to powerhouses Hobart (8-2), New Prairie (9-1) and Merrillville (9-1). Boone Grove has faced one of the state’s weakest schedules and they are undefeated. Halfback Braeton Vann has led Boone with 145 caries, for 1,425 yards. He’s scored 32 touchdowns. But Andrean defenders have faced players like that.

Andrean 35, Boone Grove 14

There is one component that doesn't get spoken enough of with Andrean, their All State KICKER.   that dude is unreal.   Big time leg 

Saw him last week. He’s a weapon all right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

yea man, not just touchbacks, they are out of the End Zone touchbacks

I stood in the endzone under the posts  while he warmed up... FROM THE 30!  The young man was booting 40 yard field goals and not breaking a sweat.  I haven't seen a HS kicker like this young man since Nick Setta (former Golden Domer).

He made the kickoffs easy. Just waved my arm over my head on all but one!

Edited by snrmike
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DT said:

BearcatNation

Was that the dude that went bonkers when Andrean fumbled like 50 times and wheeler barely won?

6 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

They have arrangements with Valparaiso High School to share their field

Is the school finally behind the football program? 

I remember years ago it was financed by donations, parents and stuff. 

5 hours ago, snrmike said:

I stood in the endzone under the posts  while he warmed up... FROM THE 30!  The young man was booting 40 yard field goals and not breaking a sweat.  I haven't seen a HS kicker like this young man since Nick Setta (former Golden Domer).

He made the kickoffs easy. Just waved my arm over my head on all but one!

You should see the kid from Warsaw. He’s better.

• Like 1

Id say so since SEC Missouri giving him full ride   

Indiana has had some nice history with Kickers for sure.  

How is Boone's Kicking game?    Sloppy fields are expected this Friday, field position will be very important.   

How is Father Eckert?   I know a few weeks ago, Andrean moved their homecoming game to Munster on Saturday morning to stay off the Good Father's Field, wise move.  

18 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

yea man, not just touchbacks, they are out of the End Zone touchbacks

Sounds like the kicker that Scecina had back in 2011.  Dude kicked like a mule!  Linton had zero yards on kickoff returns that night.  He also hit a field goal from about a mile and a half away.  LOL  Okay, I exaggerated that one.  I believe it was from 45 yards out. I think he went to Illinois on scholarship after high school.  Can't recall his name though.  He was a weapon.

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Id say so since SEC Missouri giving him full ride   

Indiana has had some nice history with Kickers for sure.  

How is Boone's Kicking game?    Sloppy fields are expected this Friday, field position will be very important.   

How is Father Eckert?   I know a few weeks ago, Andrean moved their homecoming game to Munster on Saturday morning to stay off the Good Father's Field, wise move.  

Our kicker is solid, but it is really hard to compare him to someone like Andrean's kicker. Our kicker actually starts on defense and offense as well.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 9:56 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Region Sports website is still wonderful and working well, they just upgraded the platform and killed the message board in the process it seems.   They main business model is the audio/video streaming of games throughout the region all year long.  

Speaking of Boone Grove, I wonder if @Coach Nowlin remembers the first football game Boone Grove ever played. I refereed that game and it was against Rensselaer’s JV.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Graphic Context said:

Our kicker is solid, but it is really hard to compare him to someone like Andrean's kicker. Our kicker actually starts on defense and offense as well.

Hey we have one of those 2!!!   haha   I think we have 9, 3 way players!!!   I am sure BG is similar.   Can't take those breaks on Special teams, it will get ya!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Hey we have one of those 2!!!   haha   I think we have 9, 3 way players!!!   I am sure BG is similar.   Can't take those breaks on Special teams, it will get ya!!

Love me some ironman football.