Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

8 hours ago, NPCougarNation said:

What is the feeling here for Sectional 37?  I would like to see what people's thoughts are....thanks!

I know it is WeBo's show but can anyone put a chink in their armor?

I honestly have no idea what to expect.  We are giving up less than 12 points a game and scoring 38 and NP is giving up 24 a game while scoring 30.  

Should be a good game on Friday night.  

45 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I honestly have no idea what to expect.  We are giving up less than 12 points a game and scoring 38 and NP is giving up 24 a game while scoring 30.  

Should be a good game on Friday night.  

You're being modest and I appreciate that!  One thing we learned about WeBo last year is that you guys come out and dominate the beginning of the game....it's hard for a team to recover from being down 4-5 TD's at halftime!  I think your stat of 38 pts per game paints a picture of the WeBo varsity offense being explosive and the varsit D stuffing people....while the 12 points per game means the JV offense is learning and getting experience while the JV defense closes the game out....  I listened to what Coach Pelley said after last week's victory and he eluded to this.

3 hours ago, NPCougarNation said:

You're being modest and I appreciate that!  One thing we learned about WeBo last year is that you guys come out and dominate the beginning of the game....it's hard for a team to recover from being down 4-5 TD's at halftime!  I think your stat of 38 pts per game paints a picture of the WeBo varsity offense being explosive and the varsit D stuffing people....while the 12 points per game means the JV offense is learning and getting experience while the JV defense closes the game out....  I listened to what Coach Pelley said after last week's victory and he eluded to this.

I honestly don't know what to expect.  My questions would be can North Putnam slow down the Webo Offense?  Can Webo slow down the NP passing attack?

17 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I honestly don't know what to expect.  My questions would be can North Putnam slow down the Webo Offense?  Can Webo slow down the NP passing attack?

I would say the answer to those 2 questions are no to the first and yes to the 2nd.  NP is improved but not on WeBo's level, i see this as 43-20 for WeBo..

8 hours ago, NPCougarNation said:

While several pieces remain, I don't think this team is as good as last year.  They lost their top wide receivers and some depth on their lines that kept players from having to play both sides of the ball last season.  They are still good though and should be a tough out.  I wouldn't be stunned if they lost on Friday night.  NP has this game at home and I'm sure they have payback on their minds for last season.  Expecting a tough, hard-fought game just like most at this point in the season and going forward.

If North Putnam can get their offense going they will have a chance. However, WEBO are the defending state champs and have had a good season. Obviously they are nothing like they were last year but the state title carries some weight. 

I am hoping for a NP and SV sectional championship!

20 hours ago, Arrow95 said:

If North Putnam can get their offense going they will have a chance. However, WEBO are the defending state champs and have had a good season. Obviously they are nothing like they were last year but the state title carries some weight. 

I am hoping for a NP and SV sectional championship!

I wouldn't say "they are nothing like they were last year..."   Still have some pretty good players... The D isn't giving up many points... Running Game is probably better this year... Haven't had to throw the ball as much doesn't mean they can't.....  

Edited by 1st_and_10

8 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I wouldn't say "they are nothing like they were last year..."   Still have some pretty good players... The D isn't giving up many points... Running Game is probably better this year... Haven't had to throw the ball as much doesn't mean they can't.....  

And that is why I said what I did above about the averages......the WeBo offense is very good and the defense is GREAT

8 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

He played some tonight

I watched most of the game on YouTube.  Looked like he played early and they got up big and then used other RBs the rest of the way.  I was watching a few other games as well so I wasn't focused on if or how much he played on defense.  Here's hoping he's getting back to 100%.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 7:49 AM, NPCougarNation said:

Guess I was prophetic in my post huh?

Western Boone is an EXCELLENT defensive team...it sets up their offense perfectly!

On 10/31/2019 at 9:52 PM, NPCougarNation said:

And that is why I said what I did above about the averages......the WeBo offense is very good and the defense is GREAT

I can only say that I was right....LOL

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

So.... What does South V do well offensively?  Who are their "dudes"?

Their qb is pretty good and a true drop back passer. From the looks of max preps and what I was told prior to when we played number 17 royal is there “go to” receiver. 

I don’t think you guys will have an issue. 

On 11/5/2019 at 7:22 AM, Oldbleacherfan said:

Their qb is pretty good and a true drop back passer. From the looks of max preps and what I was told prior to when we played number 17 royal is there “go to” receiver. 

I don’t think you guys will have an issue. 

I don't know.  Aside from Sullivan, they look like they've been able to put up decent points on everyone they've played.  Royal looks like an excellent player to me.  13 catches for 218 yards and 3 TD's last week.  He's playing some inspired football.  I'm not an expert on South Vermillion football history, but this looks like it could possibly be the biggest football game in school history for a program looking to win it's first ever sectional in front of a home crowd against (one of) the #1 team(s) in its class.  

I feel sorry for the Mildcats.  I appreciate their passion, but they surely realize that WB is the best team they will have played this season and it’s not even close.  This one will be a route and will likely be a goose egg put up by SV.  The passion is strong though, so kudos for that.