Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SW Indiana football 2019

6 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Is this the year the PAC and Big 6 (8) are better from top to bottom than the SIAC? 

The top of the PAC is competitive with the top of the SIAC many years....that said, the bottom half of the PAC and BIG 8 will always be substantially worse than the bottom half of the SIAC, just the nature of the geography.  The SIAC is fortunate to have a pretty stable level of competition throughout the season which is a clear advantage for the programs there.  That said, I think the upper tier of the PAC this season, in my humble estimation, will be on par with the upper tier of the SIAC for 2019.  Not sure on the Big 8, new coach at Jasper and all.  Vincennes has seemed on the bubble of breaking through for a while now under Salters and I like what their youth and MS programs have done as of late.  Would love to hear more thoughts on the Jasper coaching change.

I think this is going to be a down year for the SIAC.  Wouldnt surprise me at all in no SIAC teams made it past regional. Remember Memorial will be 4A so no team in 3A the next 2 years unless Bosse falls back.  So 5 of the 8 teams are in the same sectional. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Panther86 said:

I think this is going to be a down year for the SIAC.  Wouldnt surprise me at all in no SIAC teams made it past regional. Remember Memorial will be 4A so no team in 3A the next 2 years unless Bosse falls back.  So 5 of the 8 teams are in the same sectional. 

On some other threads here guys have divided up the new DOE numbers (and factored in success) and it definitely looks like Bosse will be back in 3A.

I’ve heard that castle is suppose to be pretty good this year. Also heard central will still be good. 

I think memorial will be back in 3A in 2 years...they had a special class these last few years.  If they can keep up that level of play, that would be an incredible feat. 

PAC wise, I think GS, HH, and SR could all play with and beat anyone in the SIAC....although if the PAC played the SIAC schedule, I highly doubt anyone finishes better than 7-2 for the regular season. Just my opinion

BIG 6 wise....jasper is a team to watch...not that they will be a great team, but a team to watch to see how they respond this year.  Will they get back to their winning tradition?  Or are the over the hill and we don’t realize it yet?  Vincennes like mentioned above is a bubble team. Very capable.  Don’t know anything about booneville. Princeton could always make it interesting. They are simply not the same team that we all have known them for from the 2000s and early 2010s

If I had to do a top 10 for a way to early preseason based on only what I have heard

1. Castle

2. Central 

3. GIbson Southern

4. Reitz (haven’t heard anything but its reitz)

5. Heritage Hills

6. Jasper

7. Southridge

8. Memorial

9. Vincennes 

10. Mater Dei 

just a bunch of my opinions. Don’t read into it too much lol

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

Opinions are good! Not sure Castle can get back on top. I’ve thought for the last few years they would be top 3 easily. But they do have some nice players coming back.  

I have rarely watched a Lewis coached  team. Will they continue to be run heavy or  use the pass game more? 

QB play in the PAC could be as good as I can recall. Allen, Montgomery, and Sigler are special athletes. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

Opinions are good! Not sure Castle can get back on top. I’ve thought for the last few years they would be top 3 easily. But they do have some nice players coming back.  

I have rarely watched a Lewis coached  team. Will they continue to be run heavy or  use the pass game more? 

QB play in the PAC could be as good as I can recall. Allen, Montgomery, and Sigler are special athletes. 

All three are great QBs. Although....a small PAC joke going around right now is Allen needs to get more rushing yards if he wants to be named all conference 😂😂😂

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

I feel like almost every year Castle is expected to be the bees knees and they end up being like Double Cola....better than most, but not as good as ski (the SIAC winner). I found out today the west side of Evansville is getting a chic-fil-a so that has to be a sign.  This means Reitz or MD will take home the trophy!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Screagle said:

Interesting on Bosse possibly going 3A.  Their overall team speed can cause problems. 

Biggest thing for me on Lewis will be if that community will embrace an outside hire. He has been pretty good at most stops. 

They told us in 2013 that we had NEVER seen anything like the speed of Bosse with Crutcher and company.  They went 7-5 in 2013 only losing to Central, Reitz and Mater Dei in the SIAC.  Somehow we pulled that one off 39-35 with a very young team.  Seems to me Lewis inherited a team and culture when he came to Reitz and looking at the numbers alone (which never tell the whole story), that seems to be where he as done the best.  Said another way, he doesn't seem to be a turn around artist but a guy who can take the reins and do well.

12 hours ago, Moonshiners said:

I feel like almost every year Castle is expected to be the bees knees and they end up being like Double Cola....better than most, but not as good as ski (the SIAC winner). I found out today the west side of Evansville is getting a chic-fil-a so that has to be a sign.  This means Reitz or MD will take home the trophy!

This was on my desk this morning...I think it is a sign!

BCE5D2AB-4CB6-4818-9D6B-E13F7A56C6E5.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 8:08 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

All three are great QBs. Although....a small PAC joke going around right now is Allen needs to get more rushing yards if he wants to be named all conference 😂😂😂

Yes, he needs to step up his game.  🙂  Cole Sigler was voted MVP of the conference so I'm nut sure what else could have been done besides having Cole at DB.  Maybe next year ...

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

I thought Cole was the best football player in the PAC in 2018.  I think it’s hard for a QB to be MVP when you have a kid that never comes off the field and can play anywhere. I could see CO MVP for 2019 with Sigler and Allen. 

• Like 1

Per MaxPreps:

Brady Allen: 160-282 for 2,438yds 29 TD's & 2 INT's. 38 rushes for 27yds & 4 TD's. Played 12 games.

Cole Sigler: 25-56 for 289yds 4 TD's & 2 INT's. 106 carries for 801yds & 11 TD's. Played 11 games.

Colson Montgomery: 67-167 for 1,048yds 13 TD's & 3 INT's. 115 carries for 1,093yds & 18 TD's. Played 14 games.

Before I’m attacked, this data is for convenience only to add color to the conversation.

On 2/4/2019 at 2:20 PM, Screagle said:

Interesting on Bosse possibly going 3A.  Their overall team speed can cause problems. 

Biggest thing for me on Lewis will be if that community will embrace an outside hire. He has been pretty good at most stops. 

First year at Henderson was good and went down each year.  I dont know about FL but only had 2 wins last year at Richmond.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:59 PM, Screagle said:

Two things: 

1. Colson Montgomery will not play football next year.  His football days are done.  

2. I saw on Twitter the Evans brothers are back at Central?  Is this true?  None of the main media outlets have reported anything, so I have no idea if it is true. 

20 minutes ago, MERLIN88 said:

Two things: 

1. Colson Montgomery will not play football next year.  His football days are done.  

2. I saw on Twitter the Evans brothers are back at Central?  Is this true?  None of the main media outlets have reported anything, so I have no idea if it is true. 

#2 - That is what we are hearing.  Enrolled at Central.  I don't think the new coach (who I like a lot) will tolerate what was tolerated in 2017.  We shall see.

#1 - Why?  Basketball?  

1 hour ago, tango said:

#2 - That is what we are hearing.  Enrolled at Central.  I don't think the new coach (who I like a lot) will tolerate what was tolerated in 2017.  We shall see.

#1 - Why?  Basketball?  

Baseball & basketball.  Mainly baseball.  

He is a very good position to be drafted in MLB.  He will also get high major offers in basketball.  

He took a serious lick in the semi-State game vs Western Boone this season.  It really made the family take notice.  

1 hour ago, tango said:

#1 - Why?  Basketball?  

He is a very good position to be drafted in MLB.  He will also get high major offers in basketball.  

He took a serious lick in the semi-State game vs Western Boone this season.  It really made the family take notice.  

2 hours ago, MERLIN88 said:

I have also heard from a fairly reliable source there will be no football.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:24 PM, MERLIN88 said:

He was at Indiana on a visit at the Ohio State game and Louisville had him at the Duke game. Well miss him in football but 100% understand why he is not playing, I think it well be baseball the only question well it be college or pro

4 hours ago, Screagle said:

Not sure why he wouldn’t continue to compete in the toughest sport there is to play.  Also not sure why the Allen kid is only playing one sport. Both of these fine athletes will end up in great situations regardless.  

This is not a knock on the Allen kid at all, but from just following things on social media, I don't see how he would have time to play basketball.  It seems like he is doing something every weekend (combine, visit, etc.) and more power to him.  Take the scholarship from the school that is the best fit and hopefully won't treat him like a piece of meat, get the degree and see what doors open after that.  

Edited by tango
  • Like 2