Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SW Indiana football 2019

8 hours ago, tango said:

This is not a knock on the Allen kid at all, but from just following things on social media, I don't see how he would have time to play basketball.  It seems like he is doing something every weekend (combine, visit, etc.) and more power to him.  Take the scholarship from the school that is the best fit and hopefully won't treat him like a piece of meat, get the degree and see what doors open after that.  

From what I’ve seen it looks like he has most of his spring and summer planned out already too.

Elite11, the opening, combines, 7on7s...probably will attend a few team camps also.  Someone mentioned on here he is keeping his basketball skills up to par (whatever par is for him lol) just in case but from what I have gathered he is training 365 days a year to be an absolute superstar QB for high school and presumably the college level. I know rivals.com already stated he looks like he should be starting on a college team.

sky is the limit for the kid, but you really have to admire the amount of dedication and commitment he is putting in at such a young age  

On 2/16/2019 at 12:14 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I know rivals.com already stated he looks like he should be starting on a college team.

sky is the limit for the kid, but you really have to admire the amount of dedication and commitment he is putting in at such a young age  

From what I saw in the Sectional championship game, I believe Rivals.com needs to pump the brakes a little bit, although I get what those kinds of services and websites are about, especially if you are paying for premium services.  He is a very good QB for a freshman, has great size, potential, and upside (a a heck of a work ethic) and should be getting the offers he's getting, but he isn't anywhere close to being able to start for a college football team at this point.  He's 15 and doesn't have enough snaps under his belt for anyone to legitimately make that kind of claim.  In a year or two he will be scary good, assuming there are guys around him who can make plays, which I expect will be the case.

2 hours ago, tango said:

From what I saw in the Sectional championship game, I believe Rivals.com needs to pump the brakes a little bit, although I get what those kinds of services and websites are about, especially if you are paying for premium services.  He is a very good QB for a freshman, has great size, potential, and upside (a a heck of a work ethic) and should be getting the offers he's getting, but he isn't anywhere close to being able to start for a college football team at this point.  He's 15 and doesn't have enough snaps under his belt for anyone to legitimately make that kind of claim.  In a year or two he will be scary good, assuming there are guys around him who can make plays, which I expect will be the case.

He will be scary good this year (in my humble estimation) and there are no shortage of play makers to go around him this season, the next or the next.

How will 3A 32 look, especially if Montgomery doesn’t play?  Is HH vs GS the championship game regardless if week 10 or 11?  Just can’t see any pac or 32 teams stopping Sigler and or Allen. SR with Montgomery possibly but just can’t see it without him. Any chance Bosse ends up in 32? I could see them causing problems, if healthy.  

7 hours ago, tango said:

Oh I agree with you....that’s why I said rivals stated it lol. I don’t pay for rivals or 247 or any of those. Just occasionally browse.  Always interesting to see how they view some players.

7 minutes ago, MERLIN88 said:

Soooo....Gibson Southern won’t play anyone in the regular season or Sectionals?  Good grief.  

Memorial & Heritage Hills out of that sectional is hilarious. 

You must be new here...”doesn’t play anyone” is some seriously deep football analysis ..your conference is what it is.  

That said you should probably read the Big8 down to 6 thread.

1 hour ago, MERLIN88 said:

Soooo....Gibson Southern won’t play anyone in the regular season or Sectionals?  Good grief.  

Memorial & Heritage Hills out of that sectional is hilarious. 

I can’t recall off the top of my head, but I would think Southport would be the toughest opponent reitz would face if they played them in 2019 

24 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Wait is chatard expected to move to the north?

Either Chatard or Tri-West.  Based on the distain the IHSAA has for the P&Ps...my guess is this would be a great opportunity to get Chatard back in the same sectional with Brebeuf and Guerin.

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1

Southport because they’re 6A? In 2018 Reitz and Castle were ranked pretty comparable to Southport in Sagarin rankings and Central and Memorial were way ahead. Certainly a good opponent but nothing special.  And it’s only 1 game out of 9. I see 2 challenges on GS schedule all the way to regionals especially if HH is moved to 31 and if Montgomery doesn’t play. IMO HH will be the biggest challenge in regular season followed by Southport.  After that GS can name the score.  

Edited by Screagle

7 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Southport because they’re 6A? In 2018 Reitz and Castle were ranked pretty comparable to Southport in Sagarin rankings and Central and Memorial were way ahead. Certainly a good opponent but nothing special.  And it’s only 1 game out of 9. I see 2 challenges on GS schedule all the way to regionals especially if HH is moved to 31 and if Montgomery doesn’t play. IMO HH will be the biggest challenge in regular season followed by Southport.  After that GS can name the score.  

I like it!  

8 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Either Chatard or Tri-West.  Based on the distain the IHSAA has for the P&Ps...my guess is this would be a great opportunity to get Chatard back in the same sectional with Brebeuf and Guerin.

Thanks for the clarification. 

@Screagle I’m not actually trying to make an argument out of reitz and it’s schedule just trying to get a reitz chest pumper to chill out for a second lol.  

• Like 1