Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SW Indiana football 2019

I know it’s a dream but SIAC teams  and the PAC teams should figure out a way to play at beginning of the year. Could you imagine what Reitz Bowl would look like on a Friday and Saturday with top teams from each conference playing?  Passionate fan bases that just enjoy football and friendship. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Either Chatard or Tri-West.  Based on the distain the IHSAA has for the P&Ps...my guess is this would be a great opportunity to get Chatard back in the same sectional with Brebeuf and Guerin.

Yep, I would bet a few bucks on that one.  Look no further than Sectional 27 in basketball....  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

I know it’s a dream but SIAC teams  and the PAC teams should figure out a way to play at beginning of the year. Could you imagine what Reitz Bowl would look like on a Friday and Saturday with top teams from each conference playing?  Passionate fan bases that just enjoy football and friendship. 

IMO if the PAC/BIG 8 don't change the schedule and have the non conference games at the beginning of the year they will be making a huge mistake. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 4:18 PM, Sacked said:

IMO if the PAC/BIG 8 don't change the schedule and have the non conference games at the beginning of the year they will be making a huge mistake. 

It is not the PAC conferences fault that some teams in the conference play their conference games in the first two weeks. For example Gibson Southern. The game against South Spencer has been the same week since 1981. And it was a nonconference game when it was scheduled that week. Gibson Southern just could not decide which conference to be in. They were in the PAC then went to the Big 8 and then came back to the PAC. In 2000 the 9th regular season game was added. The next year Gibson Southern and Tecumseh started playing in the new week one instead of what became week 4. Forest Park latter took Tecumseh's place on the other teams PAC football schedules. Do you know why the change was made between Gibson Southern and Tecumseh playing in week one instead of four? 

9 hours ago, sr1 said:

It is not the PAC conferences fault that some teams in the conference play their conference games in the first two weeks. For example Gibson Southern. The game against South Spencer has been the same week since 1981. And it was a nonconference game when it was scheduled that week. Gibson Southern just could not decide which conference to be in. They were in the PAC then went to the Big 8 and then came back to the PAC. In 2000 the 9th regular season game was added. The next year Gibson Southern and Tecumseh started playing in the new week one instead of what became week 4. Forest Park latter took Tecumseh's place on the other teams PAC football schedules. Do you know why the change was made between Gibson Southern and Tecumseh playing in week one instead of four? 

We have been playing a nine game schedule since 1991.  Local conferences should want their schedules balanced and to match up so that there are scheduling options.  

9 hours ago, sr1 said:

GS hasn’t worked hard to get non-conference schedules in week 1 and 2 (who has?) but you don’t have ANY and I mean ANY clue as to what has taken place the last 8 years to strengthen the schedule.  In fact, a deal was almost cut with Mater Dei not long ago that was going to require some (easy) cooperation from a couple PAC school schools....I guess we can see how that went down.  There was/is plenty of folks not willing to make any changes in the PAC...another season this change is a good one.

10 hours ago, sr1 said:

All I am saying is if this merger happens, that would be a great time to change the schedules up. It would make scheduling down the road so much better. 

I have a question for someone to answer. How many different teams have won the City title in the SIAC? When I think about it and I could be wrong but has North, Harrison, or Bosse won the conference since 2000? I know Memorial and Central won the past 2 years but how many in the history have they won? 

On 2/18/2019 at 6:40 PM, Screagle said:

Interesting on possible HH to 31. Bosse has played pretty good football the last 2 years in 4A. That’s not a team I would want to face in a 3A sectional game. Especially at Enlow. Speed kills!! 

I met Coach Schnur and his program this past year. From the outside looking in, I think he's doing a great job at Bosse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthernFan said:

I have a question for someone to answer. How many different teams have won the City title in the SIAC? When I think about it and I could be wrong but has North, Harrison, or Bosse won the conference since 2000? I know Memorial and Central won the past 2 years but how many in the history have they won? 

I would bet not very many. Indication of how difficult the SIAC is to win. Reitz, MD and Harrison probably have the most....just a guess. 

2 hours ago, SouthernFan said:

http://www.almanacsports.com/football/conference.php?conf_id=evansville

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I would bet not very many. Indication of how difficult the SIAC is to win. Reitz, MD and Harrison probably have the most....just a guess. 

You can find SIAC (or any other conference) standings on the John Harrell IN HS football website under "Archives" going back to 1994.  Just looking back to 2000, Reitz (8), Castle (3), MD (6), Central (3) and Memorial (2) have won or shared the championships.  North, Bosse and Harrison have not.   

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, Screagle said:

Are we talking the current version of the PAC, or are we talking the proposed version of the Big 8/PAC? There is a reason I ask. If in the current, outside of GS, HH, and SR, are there any other games that would draw any interest?

Could you imagine a North/TC, Castle/SS, Reitz/PC, Harrison/NP, or Bosse/FP. Nothing against any of these games, but I can’t see most of these games drawing much interest. The teams that people would want to see are GS, HH, and SR. Now, if we are talking after the merger (loss of SR would stink in that instance), but matchups like Castle/Jasper, MD/MV, or a RHS/GS or HH matchup would be good for both sides. 

Heck, if Castle/Jasper were to ever happen, I might even go to that game. At the middle school level, those two teams do not like each other. 

10 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I’m not sure but IMO I’m thinking like the boarder bowl. Maybe top teams that draw good crowds. GS vs Reitz, Central vs HH, Memorial vs SR, MD vs NP. Obviously who knows with all the realignment talk.  

Vincennes might fit into this mix as well.  If the week 1 and 2 thing comes to fruition there will be a few really nice potential matchups.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Vincennes might fit into this mix as well.  If the week 1 and 2 thing comes to fruition there will be a few really nice potential matchups.

VL/MD was going to happen Week 1 last season but Lincoln was unable void their contract with Owen Valley. 

In the late 90’s/early 00’s, VL played Central Week 1, Memorial Week 2 for 6-7 years when the program was in a much better place. I know Coach Salters wants to get back playing a similar type of schedule.

• Like 1