Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Basketball 2019-20

DaveMosbey

PAC Boys Basketball 2019-20

Forest Park

The Rangers return 3 starters from last year including one PAC honorable mention selection.

Drew Howard- Drew was selected PAC HM and averaged 8.5 ppg.

Issac Uebelhor- Issac averaged 10.8 ppg in limited action due to injury but the Rangers were a much better team in the games he played.

Simon Jacob- Simon averaged 9.3 ppg.

Before the Hopf transfer I figured Forest Park would challenge Southridge as the top contender to try and unseat 2 time defending PAC champion Heritage Hills.

Gibson Southern

I couldn’t fine any stats for Gibson Southern but the return 3 starters Taylor Johanningsmeier, Aidan Neel and Adam May.

Heritage Hills

The Patriots return four starters including 3 All PAC selections.

Murray Becher- Murray is a 4th year starter and averaged 20.4 ppg.

Simon Scherry- Simon is a 3rd year starter and averaged 15.6 ppg.

Blake Sisley- Blake is a 3rd year starter and averaged 12.8 ppg.

Cole Sigler- Cole is a 2nd year starter and averaged 7.6 ppg.

North Posey

The Vikings return two starters including 1 ALL PAC and 1 PAC HM selection.

Joshiah Ricketts- Joshiah was selected ALL PAC and averaged 22.7 ppg.

Jonathan Ricketts- Jonathon was PAC honorable mention and averaged 9.4 ppg.

Viking could be a dangerous opponent if they can find other scoring options to go with the inside outside combo of the Rickett brothers.

Pike Central

The Chargers return 2 starters Ethan Scott 9.0 ppg & Ethan Gorby 3.3 ppg.

Southridge

The Raiders return 2 starters including one All PAC selection.

Colson Montgomery- Colson was selected All PAC and averaged 21.1 ppg.

Garrett Voegerl- Garrett averaged 3.7 ppg.

Montgomery is one of the top players in the state and Vorgerl and Gasser are unbelievable  athletes the question is what do they have after that ?

South Spencer

The Rebels return 4 starters including 1 All PAC selection and 1 PAC HM selection.

Couldn’t find stats for the Rebels but the returning starters are All PAC Jace Kelly  HM PAC Kobe Bartlett, Matthew Smith and Michael Donoho.

South Spencer guard play should be as good as any team in the PAC and if they can find solid post play they could contend for the title.

Tecumseh

Lost  5 starters to graduation.

Tell City

Lost  5 starters to graduation. Tell City did have a 18-3 JV team and was the only JV team to beat Heritage Hills JV who also went 18-3. HH beat TC 43-27 in the Forest Park JV

Tournament then had to play them again a few weeks later then the Marksmen won the rematch 41-22.

This is composed of memory and stats that I could find online .I cant remember much about the returning starters for Gibson Southern & Pike Central or the backups for Tecumseh to

add any thought about them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 8:36 AM, DaveMosbey said:

PAC Boys Basketball 2019-20

Forest Park

The Rangers return 3 starters from last year including one PAC honorable mention selection.

Drew Howard- Drew was selected PAC HM and averaged 8.5 ppg.

Issac Uebelhor- Issac averaged 10.8 ppg in limited action due to injury but the Rangers were a much better team in the games he played.

Simon Jacob- Simon averaged 9.3 ppg.

Before the Hopf transfer I figured Forest Park would challenge Southridge as the top contender to try and unseat 2 time defending PAC champion Heritage Hills.

Gibson Southern

I couldn’t fine any stats for Gibson Southern but the return 3 starters Taylor Johanningsmeier, Aidan Neel and Adam May.

Heritage Hills

The Patriots return four starters including 3 All PAC selections.

Murray Becher- Murray is a 4th year starter and averaged 20.4 ppg.

Simon Scherry- Simon is a 3rd year starter and averaged 15.6 ppg.

Blake Sisley- Blake is a 3rd year starter and averaged 12.8 ppg.

Cole Sigler- Cole is a 2nd year starter and averaged 7.6 ppg.

North Posey

The Vikings return two starters including 1 ALL PAC and 1 PAC HM selection.

Joshiah Ricketts- Joshiah was selected ALL PAC and averaged 22.7 ppg.

Jonathan Ricketts- Jonathon was PAC honorable mention and averaged 9.4 ppg.

Viking could be a dangerous opponent if they can find other scoring options to go with the inside outside combo of the Rickett brothers.

Pike Central

The Chargers return 2 starters Ethan Scott 9.0 ppg & Ethan Gorby 3.3 ppg.

Southridge

The Raiders return 2 starters including one All PAC selection.

Colson Montgomery- Colson was selected All PAC and averaged 21.1 ppg.

Garrett Voegerl- Garrett averaged 3.7 ppg.

Montgomery is one of the top players in the state and Vorgerl and Gasser are unbelievable  athletes the question is what do they have after that ?

South Spencer

The Rebels return 4 starters including 1 All PAC selection and 1 PAC HM selection.

Couldn’t find stats for the Rebels but the returning starters are All PAC Jace Kelly  HM PAC Kobe Bartlett, Matthew Smith and Michael Donoho.

South Spencer guard play should be as good as any team in the PAC and if they can find solid post play they could contend for the title.

Tecumseh

Lost  5 starters to graduation.

Tell City

Lost  5 starters to graduation. Tell City did have a 18-3 JV team and was the only JV team to beat Heritage Hills JV who also went 18-3. HH beat TC 43-27 in the Forest Park JV

Tournament then had to play them again a few weeks later then the Marksmen won the rematch 41-22.

This is composed of memory and stats that I could find online .I cant remember much about the returning starters for Gibson Southern & Pike Central or the backups for Tecumseh to

add any thought about them.

Brady Allen is playing for GS this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Been a busy few days with Thanksgiving and the Heritage Hills football state championship game, so I hadn't had a chance to post about this until now.

South Spencer picked up the first PAC win of the 2019-20 season this past Wednesday with a 63-54 home win over Tecumseh.  Rebels led by as many as 19 (I think it was 19) in the 2nd half before the Braves made a run in the 4th.  Still a work in progress, but the Rebels showed good, unselfish ball movement on offense and hustle on defense.  Jace Kelly led South Spencer with 20.  Kobe Bartlett had 12, Darian Johnson added 10.   Tanner Toopes had a very nice game for Tecumseh and finished with a game-high 23.

Tecumseh bounced back over the weekend with a win at Dugger Union.  South Spencer has a busy and tough week coming up, with road games at Harrison, Tuesday and Mater Dei, Friday, before coming home to play South Central on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Cappy said:

@DaveMosbey Any chance you will do a write up about the OT game last night between HH and NP? 
I went and watched the Viking wrestlers at Tell City in the PAC duals and sounds like I missed two good games (JV also went into OT.)

TIA

Heritage Hills survived a scare in the home opener against a much improved North Posey basketball team.

The Patriots played their 2nd straight game without star Murray Becher and 3rd without backup Mark Doyle the Vikings were  also  missing a key player in Johnathon Ricketts.

After one quarter it was tied 17-17, at halftime Posey led 31-30, After 3 Posey led 50-37, after 4 it was tied 61-61 and the final Heritage Hills 75 North Posey 67 in one overtime.

Patriots were ice cold from the freethrow line to start the game but hit their last 14 or so straight to seal the comeback.

Sisley carried the team in the first half and Sigler and scherry carried them in the 4th quarter and overtime.

The Vikings solid guard play was a big factor in the Patriots only having 37 points after 3 quarters, Patriots score a bunch off of transaction from turnovers. In the 4th the Patriots picked up the defensive pressure . I believe in the 4th we changed up the defender on Ricketts as well switching from Sigler to Scherry .

Free throws North Posey 12 of 16 Heritage Hills 20 of 27.

HH scoring

Scherry 25

Sisley 24

Sigler 17 ( career high )

Johnson 5

Kryzkowski 4

NP scoring

Ricketts 27

Allyn 16

Wunderlich 14

Bender 5

Koester 4

Wahl 3

@Bcaster    Anything to add ??

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I have read this and haven’t been able to confirm yet but it sounds correct.

North Posey Josiah Rickets has passed Pike Central’s Adam Seitz (1943pts) to become the PAC’s all time leading scorer. 

Josiah currently sits at 1973 and is 68th all time in the state of Indiana.

Edited by Cappy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Big win for the Vikings in the opening round of the sectional. Knocking off Mater Dei 66-58, Josiah Ricketts fresh off breaking the career 2000 point club, had 37 points for the Vikings.

Josiah now has 2038 points and according to the broadcast moved into 47th place all time in Indiana.

• Like 1