Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

When is runner down?

slice60

Question

Saw this tonite. As QB pulled away from nearly being sack, he used the ball to steady himself putting it on the ground momentarily & then the QB avoided a few more tackles for a nice gain. Many of the home fans around me erupted yelling "He's down! The ball touched the ground!" 

In an effort to be helpful (lol), I told the closest fans they were completely wrong. One guy told me to go sit on the visitor's side. I pointed out that none of the home team coaches seemed to be arguing that call -- a timeout had been called so they had time to argue if they wanted. He didn't accept that rationale either.

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, slice60 said:

Saw this tonite. As QB pulled away from nearly being sack, he used the ball to steady himself putting it on the ground momentarily & then the QB avoided a few more tackles for a nice gain. Many of the home fans around me erupted yelling "He's down! The ball touched the ground!" 

In an effort to be helpful (lol), I told the closest fans they were completely wrong. One guy told me to go sit on the visitor's side. I pointed out that none of the home team coaches seemed to be arguing that call -- a timeout had been called so they had time to argue if they wanted. He didn't accept that rationale either.

Anything other then your hand or foot...that is part of your body...the ball is not part of your body so play on...

• Thanks 2