Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bloomington South @ Castle the Rematch

Should be interesting, Castle's youth has matured a lot since the first game they played BS earlier in the year. I just hope Castle's young team will be able to hang against BS,  in the rematch. Any thoughts on the game, especially from the Mule .

Edited by CAKnights

I am not going to pick against castle i did that in 2015 and was burned. Castle did something bhss didnt this year and that was beat bhsn. South has some players on the sidelines and still handled e north but in all sincerity i think castle / bhss is a toss up.  I think one of souths d lineman was out because he threw a punch the last week of the regular season hopefully he comes back sounds like south will need everyone to be healthy,. Difference this week will be that south has a different qb than they did week 1. But qb has not been souths strong point this season . The thing that still bothers me is the home away protocol.  This will be the 5th time south has played castle. 4 of those games will have been on the road and next year i believe the teams will be playing week 1 at castle. 

Edited by MuleDriver

7 hours ago, Paladin said:

Stop playing the victim!!! Give your players the credit they deserve!!

Not playing the victim, and I am very proud of the success this team has had .I think Castle has some really good young players and will continue to get better.

Basically all 4 of the tournament games between bhss/ castle will have been played at castle only game at bhss was the regular season game this year . 'If'south were to win I think they again would have to drive south to face the winner of the floyd central game. Only reason I bring up that scenario is because I dont like they protocol for who gets to be the home team for the exact reason that after next friday  b south will have had to play  castle every time in  the tournament at castle. Anyways on paper I think south wins however I thought the same thing in 2015 so south will have to play their best game of the year to go down and get a dub

4 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Basically all 4 of the tournament games between bhss/ castle will have been played at castle only game at bhss was the regular season game this year . 'If'south were to win I think they again would have to drive south to face the winner of the floyd central game. Only reason I bring up that scenario is because I dont like they protocol for who gets to be the home team for the exact reason that after next friday  b south will have had to play  castle every time in  the tournament at castle. Anyways on paper I think south wins however I thought the same thing in 2015 so south will have to play their best game of the year to go down and get a dub

The intangibles favor Castle, but through my biased lenses, I think South is the better team, and Thiery will be the difference in the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ptr said:

The intangibles favor Castle, but through my biased lenses, I think South is the better team, and Thiery will be the difference in the game.

Possibly,  south put it on e north so their w wasnt that shabby either . Beating Bhsn was great but I mean bhsn lost to a bad roncalli team and ths who south trounced.  So even though bhsn had a real good season I think a lot of people were getting ahead of themselves thinking b north was due for a big tourney run after basically having losing seasons for the last several years .  Castle had a freshman QB last night . If we found out anything it was that castle doesn't have a kicking game to speak about.   Wish I could make it down this year but I wont be able too. I went to the 2015 and 2016 games between these teams . Should be great hope there is a webstream by someone 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Possibly,  south put it on e north so their w wasnt that shabby either . Beating Bhsn was great but I mean bhsn lost to a bad roncalli team and ths who south trounced.  So even though bhsn had a real good season I think a lot of people were getting ahead of themselves thinking b north was due for a big tourney run after basically having losing seasons for the last several years .  Castle had a freshman QB last night . If we found out anything it was that castle doesn't have a kicking game to speak about.   Wish I could make it down this year but I wont be able too. I went to the 2015 and 2016 games between these teams . Should be great hope there is a webstream by someone 

We can't forget the "Miracle in Paradise" several years ago.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ptr said:

We can't forget the "Miracle in Paradise" several years ago.

Several . . . . . . . .  . Man  I was in the single digit years of age  at that time .  I glanced at the  courier press article today and they let jim girdillo from the ht write the article. He calls it castles miracle in bloomington. Which is not really even close to the miracle south pulled off over nationally ranked castle in 83 , riding a 20 some odd game win streak . Just saying castles win last night was good but . . . . . . ..  .

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 5:59 PM, MuleDriver said:

Several . . . . . . . .  . Man  I was in the single digit years of age  at that time .  I glanced at the  courier press article today and they let jim girdillo from the ht write the article. He calls it castles miracle in bloomington. Which is not really even close to the miracle south pulled off over nationally ranked castle in 83 , riding a 20 some odd game win streak . Just saying castles win last night was good but . . . . . . ..  .

Wow, I didn't realize it had been that far back. I guess I should have said several decades ago.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ptr said:

Wow, I didn't realize it had been that far back. I guess I should have said several decades ago.

On 11/2/2019 at 4:59 PM, MuleDriver said:

That was my freshman year at Castle, I had to tickets to the game, but ended up staying home, because of being sick, but ended up listening to it on the radio .Castle had like a 24 in a row winning streak and also ranked #1 in class 3 A.The senior class was shocked,  they pretty much didn't know what it was like  to  lose from their  7th grade year and up until that game.That also, was the same year the Stanford, Cal. game where the band ran out on the field, thinking the game was over .Such crazy memories, it was a great game in 83, just wish i could actually been there, even though we lost.Hoping  the game is a great one, just hoping Castle comes up with the W Friday night.I guess Mule you aren't making the game ? That is to bad should be a good one .

• Like 1

@CAKnights. Nah I can't make it.  I thought the two year tourney games from 2015 and 2016 were good for the schools programs. It was fun too come  down for those , ate at beef o bradys and had some Starbucks afterwards for the long ride home.  Week one this year was sort  of a blinding deer in the headlights I thought for castle. The teams are what they are at this point not much you can hide when your playing for a sectional title. The best team will win , at this point comes down to who has put in more work . Castle still has a grass field? From what i have seen from highlights online the knights have a good secondary 4 picks against bhsn and several against reitz are what i have seen . Souths qb has only started 5 games i believe .  Castle sounded like they have trouble in the kicking game south has had a really good field goal kicker this year . Certainly feels like this  will be a closer game than week one. Souths win over e north was good but had e north not committed 6 turnovers we would probably have had a closer game.  The huskys moved the ball well at times  . 

On a side note this will be the seventh straight sectional final appearance for bhss and 'if' bhss wins ,it will be their sixth straight sectional title . They have won 5 in a row, been a couple restructurings of their sectional during that time ,these teams have not been in the same sectional since the 1980's I believe. But in 83 they met in the regional all meetings prior to this year have been at castle and in the regional round .  Would have been nice to see it played in Bloomington for the tourney. 

Hmm, other news maybe two Gordos in Paradise this weekend? Gordon Engelhardt from the Evansville CP and Jim Gordillo from the Bloomington HT. Again a big maybe, but both have given decades to their respective communities and I believe both should be in the Indiana Sportswriters Hof. Let's see who gets the assignments. Proud to call both former colleagues. 

• Like 1

Mule I think we have had 19 or 20 picks total for the year, which is about a average of 2 picks a game .That is pretty impressive for such a underclassmen group of kids .I think we lose about 3 or 4 starters on defense, so they should be even better defensively next year, with all the experience playing varsity.Anyways I would like to think Castle has a chance this Friday, but anything could happen and I agree the kicking game could be a huge factor.

7 hours ago, CAKnights said:

Mule I think we have had 19 or 20 picks total for the year, which is about a average of 2 picks a game .That is pretty impressive for such a underclassmen group of kids .I think we lose about 3 or 4 starters on defense, so they should be even better defensively next year, with all the experience playing varsity.Anyways I would like to think Castle has a chance this Friday, but anything could happen and I agree the kicking game could be a huge factor.

No doubt they can win. South will have to put in their best effort hard to beat a team twice and so much more on the line than week 1 . 

Anything can happen, but the cards a sure stacked against Bloomington. On the road, trying to beat a team twice, after a semi blow out in the first match up. So if the knights win, will it be for the fact that they are the better team or because of all the other factors going into the game? Will Hurt out coach moriority in this one? Seems the talent is even on both teams.Just a few things to think about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southend said:

Anything can happen, but the cards a sure stacked against Bloomington. On the road, trying to beat a team twice, after a semi blow out in the first match up. So if the knights win, will it be for the fact that they are the better team or because of all the other factors going into the game? Will Hurt out coach moriority in this one? Seems the talent is even on both teams.Just a few things to think about.

I believe the better team always wins .  At this point In the season you are who you are, south has been inconsistent at times . I really wanted to see more from them week 9 at chatard they could not make it a contest and i really think they should have put up more if a effort .

Another tidbit. Souths' rb needs 118 yards to become the all time career leading rusher at bhss/bhs. I hope he would rather have a w than the record. 

1 minute ago, southend said:

Talent seems equal , so other things will determine outcome?

Best team wins sometimes the best team has more of a desire to win they tell me anyways .  A lot of factors are involved as a spectator I'm not familiar with the entirety of both programs so I cant say my prediction would be accurate . Hall of fame coach on one sideline and a roster that almost all of the players have never lost a sectional final . Lots of experience . . . . . May be the decider may not be also. . . . ..  . Weather forecast may be a factor as well .

Awful quiet here since Tuesday. Looks like around game time we will be dipping into freezing temps. The turf probably hasn't dried out from yesterdays rains. Could make things interesting.  I still don't want to predict a winner here. Obviously i favor bhss but castle with a big w last week. Both teams beat teams that beat each other so no need to get into comparing wins and scores. Wish i could make this one .... .  ..  ... . .. . .  ..  The pressbox will be stuffed with at least three  radio announcer teams . Mediafive sports which may be affiliated with wyir , wgcl (bloomington), wvni (bloomington)  all have online links . I wanted online streaming video  but guess it isnt going to happen. I listened to media five's (wjps) last week so i didnt have to hear the b town radio guys 'gushing' over bloomington norths team. They seem to favor bhsn in town here. Was nice to hear a different perspective. Well stay warm folks.