Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bloomington South @ Castle the Rematch

1 minute ago, eschnur66 said:

My money is that it is a solid track.  That field is in really good shape.  Should not impact the play!

Out of curiosity i wonder what type of grass they have ? Cool season grasses grow in the transition zone but the southwest corner of the state is not in that zone. If i were to ever start my own business i thought lawn renovation and athletic field renovation and maintenance would be it. Love the turf type tall fescues they have created nowadays.  Undoubtedly castle and area schools are using blugrass most likely .. 

58 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

It can, but I am not sure how it holds up as a playing surface.

Zoysia is what Christmas Lake Golf Course (Santa Claus). It turns brown by October. It needs pretty sandy soil to grow, so as a football playing surface, I don't think it would fare well because the roots are very shallow. Perhaps there's a hybrid that is better suited for non - golf applications. 

• Like 1

South has a nice backfield of senior Rb's as well as some pretty good senior receivers , given castles int total on the year and souths lack of experience at the qb position I would expect to see a run first approach tonight until something opens up in the passing game . South also has a kicker that has hit some clutch fg's from distance this year . Play bend but dont break d and bring hone a sectional title . Good luck to the Panthers .  

Most highschool teams, 95%,  will have run first approach at this stage, any way. But I do know Bloomington will look different, offensively this time around. Its souths defense that has give up the big plays, that's suspect. Im sure Castle will show a few new wrinkles in their offense also from the last meeting. Nothing stays the same.