Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wide Open 6A

12 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

6A did not disappoint. #1, #3, #6, and #9 (AP Poll) are gone. #2 went to OT with a 1-9 team. Warren, Ben Davis, Center Grove, and Carmel are swimming around like Jaws in Amity Island. LN finally tosses LC to the side after 12 years and 15 games. 

You mentioned Noblesville's near monster upset of unbeaten Homestead.

Some other close calls...

Penn squeaked by bottom of DAC Portage 13-6

#12 Warsaw needed a late score to knock off Chesterton 35-28

Southport 41 Tech 40

• Thanks 1

Just now, slice60 said:

You mentioned Noblesville's near monster upset of unbeaten Homestead.

#12 Warsaw needed a late score to knock off Chesterton 35-28

Southport 41 Tech 40

Good calls.

1 hour ago, slice60 said:

It was actually closer than that. Penn stopped Portage at the 6” line on 4th down with less than a minute left in the 4th ... or we might be having this conversation in the “Upsets” thread.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Snider gets man handled by Carroll (FW). That is a surprise in the Northeast. Carroll could beat Homestead next.

I was not too surprised on this one. Becker is a good QB, Snider really could not contain in first game and obviously the second game as he torched the Snider for 324 yards plus had numerous rush yards.Plus, Snider is so undisciplined when it comes to penalties, think they had 15 flags in game,  had 7 in first quarter. One last thing is they had running game going in 1st quarter and tried throwing, why???? 

I think Carroll will give Homestead better game this time around. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bobref said:

It was actually closer than that. Penn stopped Portage at the 6” line on 4th down with less than a minute left in the 4th ... or we might be having this conversation in the “Upsets” thread.

It will be interesting next week, Penn vs Warsaw (previous Mishawaka coach) Game at Warsaw could be interesting.

8 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

6A did not disappoint. #1, #3, #6, and #9 (AP Poll) are gone. #2 went to OT with a 1-9 team. Warren, Ben Davis, Center Grove, and Carmel are swimming around like Jaws in Amity Island. LN finally tosses LC to the side after 12 years and 15 games. 

An all MIC 6a final looms on the horizon lol @Temptation

43 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

An all MIC 6a final looms on the horizon lol @Temptation

Carmel is peaking at the right time. I was worried about a sectional final matchup with Fishers but they get Westfield instead. Brownsburg likely going to have to pick off Warren and CG in consecutive weeks.

@Temptation want to hedge?

Edited by Footballking16

10 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Avon didn’t have the Hart to win.

I’ll see myself out.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Agreed, Penn’s offense is horrific. No passing game and very predictable. If Penn does get by Warsaw( toss up), their season will end the following week. 

Is the offense issue due to Powlus Jr. not playing? Is his injury recovery going well and be back next year which is his senior year I think?? 

Is it safe to say 5A is better than 6A? 

5A #3 Cathedral over 6A #14 Center Grove 14-9

5A #1 New Palestine over 6A #14 Center Grove 28-9

5A #2 Valpo over 6A #4 Merrilville 29-28

6A- The MIC still controls the south unless Brownsburg still has some magic left. 

The north is just as wide open. Will Carmel's SOS push them to another state finals or will the  Merrilville / Homestead winner beat them?

With so much parity I am hoping for two non-traditional tough football programs make it to state. North-Homestead/Merrilville, Warsaw and South-anyone but MIC.

34 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Is the offense issue due to Powlus Jr. not playing? Is his injury recovery going well and be back next year which is his senior year I think?? 

Powlus injury certainly adds to it because they instantly became very one dimensional without him. I expected him to be back by now. I think the main culprit is inexperience. Penn doesn’t have a lot of Seniors and is loaded with Sophomores and juniors. Yes Powlus will be back next year. It is very hard to beat good teams this year , when they know you can only run the ball. 

12 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Carmel is peaking at the right time. I was worried about a sectional final matchup with Fishers but they get Westfield instead. Brownsburg likely going to have to pick off Warren and CG in consecutive weeks.

@Temptation want to hedge?

It very well could be but no sport more so than football is prone to weekly overreactions and hot takes...and I too am guilty.

Also not quite sure how I’ve become a target here for “suggesting” this could be the year that the MIC goes down.  The regular season results don’t lie.

I’ve stared that I think 7-8 teams could win it this year, five of which are in the MIC.

Brownsburg and Avon received more picks in our contest that anyone by the way, so I’m not alone...

Edited by Guest

I could be way off, but do not sleep on CP. I have coached in many CP/M-Ville games and no matter who the “favorite” is, records must be thrown out w this highly competitive rivalry game. 

I am not knocking nor supporting one team.

Best wishes to all teams this post season. 

4 hours ago, Arrow95 said:

6A- The MIC still controls the south unless Brownsburg still has some magic left. 

The north is just as wide open. Will Carmel's SOS push them to another state finals or will the  Merrilville / Homestead winner beat them?

With so much parity I am hoping for two non-traditional tough football programs make it to state. North-Homestead/Merrilville, Warsaw and South-anyone but MIC.

No it’s not safe to say that, that’s 3 teams out of the whole class that are having that kind of success. Put the rest of 5a up against 6a schools, and you have a completely different story

4 hours ago, Arrow95 said:

Absolutely NO questioning the MIC nor 6A’s greatness allowed on this forum WHATSOEVER.  You’ll get trashed.

But yes, in my opinion those three teams could play with and possibly beat anyone in 6A in a winner take all deal (before people move the goalposts and start talking about surviving the “weekly grind”) on one night.

5 hours ago, Arrow95 said:

I would agree that there is  VERY strong possibility that the 5A champion this year is best in the state.  

6A is stronger as a class and most likely always will be, but the top 3 are no joke in 5A.

• Like 1