Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wide Open 6A

7 hours ago, Route2andholtz said:

Not really sure who comes out of the south in 6A, but Carmel will come out of the North and it wont be close.  I'd put my money on them to win at LOS on Thanksgiving Weekend

That’s a pretty bold prediction. I believe Carmel was better last year, and they only beat Valpo 14-10 in the northern Semistate. Why do you think this years Northern semistate wont be close? 

19 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

That’s a pretty bold prediction. I believe Carmel was better last year, and they only beat Valpo 14-10 in the northern Semistate. Why do you think this years Northern semistate wont be close? 

Homestead’s survival over Noblesville Friday has sparked widespread panic among 6A north schools not named Carmel.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:23 PM, Bobref said:

Sagarin has Penn a 7 pt. favorite.

23 hours ago, psaboy said:

If I was a betting man, I would take the Tigers +7

I was slightly surprised to see this as well. I think it's like a 5 pt. favorite when giving the home team, Warsaw, an additional 2 points. Should be a great game IMO.

12 hours ago, Arrow95 said:

The north is just as wide open. Will Carmel's SOS push them to another state finals or will the  Merrilville / Homestead winner beat them?

With so much parity I am hoping for two non-traditional tough football programs make it to state. North-Homestead/Merrilville, Warsaw and South-anyone but MIC.

For what it's worth, Merriville and Homestead will not match up with each other before facing Carmel.

Sectional 1 vs. Sectional 2
Sectional 3 vs. Sectional 4

Obviously this is hypothetical at this point, but it looks like if Carmel wins this week, they will have to travel to Fort Wayne vs. either Homestead or Carroll for their regional match-up, but I believe they would then host the semi-state game vs. the winner of Sectional 1 and Sectional 2 since they would be the regional non-host and/or higher sectional #

12 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I was slightly surprised to see this as well. I think it's like a 5 pt. favorite when giving the home team, Warsaw, an additional 2 points. Should be a great game IMO.

Sagarin’s Predictor has Penn at 80.85 and Warsaw at 72.93. Home field is worth 1.16 pts. Net differential is 6.76 pts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Sagarin’s Predictor has Penn at 80.85 and Warsaw at 72.93. Home field is worth 1.16 pts. Net differential is 6.76 pts.

I show different Sagarin ratings than you do lol. I see Penn as 81.90 and Warsaw at 74.50. And in the text, it says to add an additonal 2 points to home teams. Either way, yes, Penn is slightly under a touchdown favorite.

image.png.e676b07d2f52b85e73e3ff1c08e2ea30.png

4 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I show different Sagarin ratings than you do lol. I see Penn as 81.90 and Warsaw at 74.50. And in the text, it says to add an additonal 2 points to home teams. Either way, yes, Penn is slightly under a touchdown favorite.

image.png.e676b07d2f52b85e73e3ff1c08e2ea30.png

Sagarin’s Predictor is slightly different from the overall rating. 

The , is such that the score is the only thing that matters.
 is also known as , BALLANTINE, RHEINGOLD, WHITE OWL
and is a very good  of future games.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Route2andholtz said:

Not really sure who comes out of the south in 6A, but Carmel will come out of the North and it wont be close.  I'd put my money on them to win at LOS on Thanksgiving Weekend

Didn't someone say Carmel's pass defense was their weak link? If that's the case, then the Homestead/Carroll winner will more than likely make it "close."

2 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

The competition in the north just isn't there.  Homestead playing Noblesville tells you everything you need to know about them.  Noblesville was not very good this year and play in a darn good conference. Accompany that with them playing Carmel the second game of the season and Carmel shutting them out. Point being due to the fact that Ft Wayne schools play in the SAC it hurts them come playoff time. The DAC isn't what it used to be, and Penn is having a down year.  I just don't see anyone beating Carmel in the north.  

30 minutes ago, Route2andholtz said:

The competition in the north just isn't there.  Homestead playing Noblesville tells you everything you need to know about them.  Noblesville was not very good this year and play in a darn good conference. Accompany that with them playing Carmel the second game of the season and Carmel shutting them out. Point being due to the fact that Ft Wayne schools play in the SAC it hurts them come playoff time. The DAC isn't what it used to be, and Penn is having a down year.  I just don't see anyone beating Carmel in the north.  

Early prediction. I say the Carroll & Homestead winner comes to semi state to meet the 1/2 regional champ. If this doesn't happen I will suspend myself for (1) day of posting. 

13 hours ago, Arrow95 said:

Is it safe to say 5A is better than 6A? 

5A #3 Cathedral over 6A #14 Center Grove 14-9

5A #1 New Palestine over 6A #14 Center Grove 28-9

5A #2 Valpo over 6A #4 Merrilville 29-28

6A- The MIC still controls the south unless Brownsburg still has some magic left. 

The north is just as wide open. Will Carmel's SOS push them to another state finals or will the  Merrilville / Homestead winner beat them?

With so much parity I am hoping for two non-traditional tough football programs make it to state. North-Homestead/Merrilville, Warsaw and South-anyone but MIC.

Homestead has to beat Carroll. Arch Rivals from the NHC to the SAC. This game is a toss up.

47 minutes ago, Route2andholtz said:

Homestead had an off night. The offense is still figuring out with the new running back. Hardwick went down 4 weeks ago. New running back is a defense of guy who played running back 2 years ago. They will be just fine. 

45 minutes ago, Route2andholtz said:

Everything? 

4 hours ago, Route2andholtz said:

I hope you are wrong but am starting to fear the same.  Trying not to overreact based on one week because it’d be neat to see some new blood at LOS in 6A.

3 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Homestead had an off night. The offense is still figuring out with the new running back. Hardwick went down 4 weeks ago. New running back is a defense of guy who played running back 2 years ago. They will be just fine. 

It takes FOUR weeks to figure out how a new running back fits in the offense?  Yikes.

12 hours ago, Temptation said:

Homestead’s survival over Noblesville Friday has sparked widespread panic among 6A north schools not named Carmel.

Are people forgetting about Merrillville ?  The Pirates just beat a Jeff team who beat Lawrence Central . Carmel only beat LC by 2 scores . I believe Merrillville would at least give Carmel a good game if it happened . 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Homestead had an off night

It’s playoff football you can’t afford to have an off night.  I suppose if you’re homestead faithful, you're thankful that it was against Noblesville rather then Carmel or Carroll.

I believe Merrilville is a good football team I just don’t think their depth will allow them to handle Carmel.  

Edited by Route2andholtz

8 hours ago, Temptation said:

I hope you are wrong but am starting to fear the same.  Trying not to overreact based on one week because it’d be neat to see some new blood at LOS in 6A.

It takes FOUR weeks to figure out how a new running back fits in the offense?  Yikes.

They had easy games after Carroll, and a bye. So yea.

Intriguing matchups here.  

I’ll take Merrillville, Penn, Carroll, Carmel, Brownsburg, BD, WC, CG

1: Merrillville [9-1] at Crown Point [6-4] [BRACKET]
2: Penn [6-4] at Warsaw [8-2] [BRACKET]
3: Carroll (Fort Wayne) [7-3] at Homestead [10-0] [BRACKET]
4: Westfield [6-4] at Carmel [7-3] [BRACKET]
5: Brownsburg [7-3] at Zionsville [4-6] [BRACKET]
6: Southport [7-3] at Ben Davis [6-4] [BRACKET]
7: Lawrence North [4-6] at Warren Central [7-3] [BRACKET]
8: Franklin Central [5-5] at Center Grove [5-5] [BRACKET]

3 hours ago, Route2andholtz said:

It’s playoff football you can’t afford to have an off night.  I suppose if you’re homestead faithful, you're thankful that it was against Noblesville rather then Carmel or Carroll.

I believe Merrilville is a good football team I just don’t think their depth will allow them to handle Carmel.  

Didn't say they would handle Carmel . You said Carmel will win the North and it won't be close . I believe Homestead or Merrillville would give them a good game . 

2 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Didn't say they would handle Carmel . You said Carmel will win the North and it won't be close . I believe Homestead or Merrillville would give them a good game . 

Not sure why everyone is so high on Homestead.  If they would have handled Noblesville, it may have changed my mind.  

Merrillville on the other hand is hit or miss. Just watch the Valpo game. Yes Valpo did win that game but, if your gonna give Carmel a game you can’t give up 19 unanswered points in the 4th.  Carmel is too good, deep and disciplined.  

7 minutes ago, Coach P said:

Carmel may not win their sectional......... Sagarine has this game almost even.  Fishers was a 3 point favorite last week against the rocks............

I think Carmel matches up better than Fishers, but I’ll give you this one.  Really wouldn’t be a surprise to see Westfield win, they’re very good.  The Hounds though have started to hit their stride and I’d say they will be a tough out.

11 minutes ago, Route2andholtz said:

Not sure why everyone is so high on Homestead.  If they would have handled Noblesville, it may have changed my mind.  

Merrillville on the other hand is hit or miss. Just watch the Valpo game. Yes Valpo did win that game but, if your gonna give Carmel a game you can’t give up 19 unanswered points in the 4th.  Carmel is too good, deep and disciplined.  

I wouldn't let one game change your mind. I have a hard time believing that the worst team in the HCC is as good as the best team in the SAC. Snider went 1-3 this year against Carroll, Homestead, and Dwenger. I've seen Snider teams with equal talent to this years team compete just fine with HCC teams in recent years.

It's a shame the Carmel/Westfield winner won't get to see Homestead at their best. You can't lose a kid like Hardwick and expect the offense to continue as they were. I'm still expecting the Homestead/Carroll winner to provide a good matchup for whoever wins the Carmel/Westfield game. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Temptation said:

I bet Coach Zolman will try Archbold in the backfield. Even though he is Goode's "go to" receiver on many of the important downs, he has played RB in the past and the Spartans had success running against the Charges last time out. The now-injured Hardwick accounted for almost half of the 200+ yards Homestead gained against Carroll that night, but I could see Archbold running for 100 plus if given the chance.

If Archbold does slide into the backfield, Goode will most-likely look to Little as his "go to" guy, plus he still has Kistler. Kistler has been hauling in and dropping fewer receptions over the past several weeks. Plus, he had a big game against Carroll earlier this year.

Even with the tweaks that Homestead should make on offense, their defense must not allow Carroll (or their next opponent if they advance) to run on them the way that Noblesville did on Friday. But I do agree with many that Homestead should give Carmel or Westfield a good game. Carroll could, too, but they would have to play a near perfect game to make that happen.

• Like 1

Homestead passed the eye test earlier in the year..an exact replica of carmel last year (even their secondary). Their injured rb was a stud whom changed the way teams schemed against them. Losing a player of his caliber might have led to a few losses this year...yes next man up..i know.. aforementioned wr moving back to rb would better fit them..they will need an explosive hard runner to get past regionals let alone carroll.