Warsaw over Penn 30 - 22

Homestead over Carroll 35 - 28

Carmel over Westfield 34 - 21

Brownsburg over Zionsville 45 - 14

Ben Davis over Southport 35 - 17

Warren Central over Lawrence North 42 - 28

Center Grove over Franklin Center 31 - 14

On 11/6/2019 at 3:45 PM, Boilernation said:

Interesting random fact: Crown Point has won Sectionals the past 3 years by avenging a regular season loss in the Sectional Championship. 2 out of the 3 Sectionals were won by beating Merrillville. They now have the chance to avenge an early loss to Merrillville and send the Pirates home 3 out of past 4 years. This is a neighborhood rivalry divided by 101st Avenue that I would expect to be close. 

Good info there !!

56 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

So the MIC is doing their annual thing and have 4 teams going to regionals.  

Zionsville is the lone (and unlikely) representative for the HCC.

Business as usual.

And as usual Warren had about 300 fans in attendance for a key playoff game at home. Are they no longer the Pride of the Eastside?

Im hoping someone can knock off Carmel in the North. I would prefer to not see another all MIC final.

Edited by Boilernation

On 11/7/2019 at 4:00 PM, BDGiant93 said:

I respect the heck out of Warren, but I just don't see them stomping anyone in the MIC at this point. I think they win, but I think this is a 28-14 or so game. I think LN stays in it. I'm just not impressed with WC's offense, overall past Mr. Wells. Warren's defense is really solid. 

I'll take Penn in Sectional 2, Homestead in 3. Other than that, I agree with the rest of your picks.

Merrillville 28, Crown Point 20

Penn 14, Warsaw 7

Homestead 35, Carroll 31

Carmel 28, Westfield 17

Brownsburg 35, Zionsville 7

Ben Davis 42, Southport 7

Warren Central 28, Lawrence North 14

Center Grove 24, Franklin Central 3

My prognosticating scores were wrong, and I shouldn't have bought Penn.

6 hours ago, Staxawax said:

So the MIC is doing their annual thing and have 4 teams going to regionals.  

Zionsville is the lone (and unlikely) representative for the HCC.

Business as usual.

Not making excuses but the “amount” of teams doesn't tell the whole story in this case.

Based on how the tournament was set up, most folks would have bet on it being 4 (maybe three if folks were predicting someone other than Carmel out of sectional 4) MIC teams and one (Avon or Brownsburg) HCC team left at this point.  No one had Zionsville and no one honestly thinks they are a threat going forward.

Brownsburg and Westfield shot their wad a week early (hate to say I told you so but I had a bad feeling about Brownsburg once I saw how they celebrated a SECTIONAL SEMI FINAL WIN last week).

Both conferences sort of self imploded in the postseason and eliminated fellow conference opponents outside of Center Grove beating FC and Carmel beating Westfield.  (And those margins of victory were eye popping.)

But all that being said, I’ll eat my crow.  The MIC looks to be the favorite again.

8 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

That’s all you really needed to say. Brine and a nice marinade may help. 

http://www.thejaygravesreport.com/the-m-i-c-is-putting-everybody-in-class-6a-on-notice-never-doubt-whats-real/

Anybody who uses the great JAY GRAVES in their citation loses any credibility they had.

I can show you my 6A bracket if you’d like.    Anyone with a pulse had four MIC teams remaining at this point, they just had a different HCC team still alive.

Not predicting it to happen by any means but does the narrative change it all if Zionsville beats Ben Davis Friday night?

22 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

That’s all you really needed to say. Brine and a nice marinade may help. 

http://www.thejaygravesreport.com/the-m-i-c-is-putting-everybody-in-class-6a-on-notice-never-doubt-whats-real/

Jay....................I know you are reading this. The MIC is a great conference for sure. But isn't Carmel, with an enrollment of 5000 supposed to beat Westfield 2100? Warren Central 3700 probably should beat Lawrence Central 2300. It's one thing to be proud of your conference, but thumping your chest after beating up on smaller schools is kind of ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

With your season long claims, not sure that you are much in a position to challenge other’s credibility. 

Stick with the HCC man. Don’t abandon ship now!!  Just keep pumping out the rising water!!

Way to avoid the last question...

1 hour ago, Route2andholtz said:

I guess we will see how good Homestead is this week.  Carmel just routed Westfield.  Seems to me the train is rolling for Carmel. 

Sagarin has Carmel as a 7 point favorite, and rightfully so. Which Homestead team will show up? The one who beat Snider, Dwenger, and Carroll? Or the one that almost bowed out to Noblesville? No excuses this week. No long bus ride and no thinking we are going to roll over our 1-9 opponent. Is Homestead satisfied with their first ever SAC title? How bad do they want Carmel? Beating Snider was like winning the Super Bowl for them. But beating a good Carmel team will give them more cred than defeating an average Snider team. Good luck to both.

Carmel 31, Homestead 17

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Anybody who uses the great JAY GRAVES in their citation loses any credibility they had.

I can show you my 6A bracket if you’d like.    Anyone with a pulse had four MIC teams remaining at this point, they just had a different HCC team still alive.

Not predicting it to happen by any means but does the narrative change it all if Zionsville beats Ben Davis Friday night?

HCC had potential for 4 sectional champions - 2 of those sectionals had MIC teams residing in them.  Head-to-head in the tournament in regards to teams surviving the sectional, the MIC is 2-0 and the combined score was 84-21.  

Zionsville will have their hands full against a Ben Davis team playing as well as they have been in the last 2 years.  I believe I called for BD Vs Carmel in the 6A title game.  I'll stick with my prediction.

No matter what is said at this point, the fact is the HCC faded in this tournament and once again, the MIC shows they are still the conference to beat in the tournament.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

HCC had potential for 4 sectional champions - 2 of those sectionals had MIC teams residing in them.  Head-to-head in the tournament in regards to teams surviving the sectional, the MIC is 2-0 and the combined score was 84-21.  

Zionsville will have their hands full against a Ben Davis team playing as well as they have been in the last 2 years.  I believe I called for BD Vs Carmel in the 6A title game.  I'll stick with my prediction.

No matter what is said at this point, the fact is the HCC faded in this tournament and once again, the MIC shows they are still the conference to beat in the tournament.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Jay....................I know you are reading this. The MIC is a great conference for sure. But isn't Carmel, with an enrollment of 5000 supposed to beat Westfield 2100? Warren Central 3700 probably should beat Lawrence Central 2300. It's one thing to be proud of your conference, but thumping your chest after beating up on smaller schools is kind of ridiculous. 

Franklin Central 2800

Center Grove 2500 

8 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I think Ben Davis and Warren Central will have their State Final in the 6A South Semifinal.

Wait a minute. Isn't there another mega school in the north bracket? Carmel? But you are correct. It will come down the the three largest enrollment schools in the state. 

20 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I think Ben Davis and Warren Central will have their State Final in the 6A South Semifinal.

I’m not sure where to even begin on this one.  It assumes that BD and WC will roll this week, which they may but it’s far from a slam dunk.

If they do, (and we all know you’ll pick Warren) you dropping the phrase “state final” insinuates the north winner will be fodder for the winner.

Wasn’t that Carmel PASTING of Warren less than a month ago?  Memory loss?