Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wide Open 6A

14 hours ago, Temptation said:

Not making excuses but the “amount” of teams doesn't tell the whole story in this case.

Based on how the tournament was set up, most folks would have bet on it being 4 (maybe three if folks were predicting someone other than Carmel out of sectional 4) MIC teams and one (Avon or Brownsburg) HCC team left at this point.  No one had Zionsville and no one honestly thinks they are a threat going forward.

Brownsburg and Westfield shot their wad a week early (hate to say I told you so but I had a bad feeling about Brownsburg once I saw how they celebrated a SECTIONAL SEMI FINAL WIN last week).

Both conferences sort of self imploded in the postseason and eliminated fellow conference opponents outside of Center Grove beating FC and Carmel beating Westfield.  (And those margins of victory were eye popping.)

But all that being said, I’ll eat my crow.  The MIC looks to be the favorite again.

If you don’t think the quality of football up and down has improved in the HCC then you have blinders on. And just to add one more thing to this post..... the 2 teams that were supposed to make noise in this thing were taken out by schools IN THEIR OWN CONFERENCE. Call it implosion, call it not ready for prime time, but they didn’t fold to MIC teams.  

I’m somewhat confident Zionsville will be all Ben Davis can handle. If it’s a blowout I’ll gladly eat crow.

Oh yeah, one more thing, it will be CG vs Carmel for all the marbles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

If you don’t think the quality of football up and down has improved in the HCC then you have blinders on. And just to add one more thing to this post..... the 2 teams that were supposed to make noise in this thing were taken out by schools IN THEIR OWN CONFERENCE. Call it implosion, call it not ready for prime time, but they didn’t fold to MIC teams.  

I’m somewhat confident Zionsville will be all Ben Davis can handle. If it’s a blowout I’ll gladly eat crow.

Oh yeah, one more thing, it will be CG vs Carmel for all the marbles.

Don't be sleeping on Sparty!!!

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

I’ve watched Carmel the last 4 games. Their defense is dominating. Big, strong, fast. Sparty will be put to sleep.

I agree that Carmel will be in the State Finals which I'm thrilled with since my son is a senior, but my pick from the south is Ben Davis.  Name a team playing better than them right now?  

6 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I’ve watched Carmel the last 4 games. Their defense is dominating. Big, strong, fast. Sparty will be put to sleep.

Homestead's Defense is as well.should be a good game. I would be there but my Saints have to go to West Lafayette for a regional game. Yea Fort Wayne to West Lafayette for a Regional game.. oh did I mention we are a 4A school forced to play up a class? Being punished is the correct term...

Back to 6A  After what Sparty did to Carroll I believe they can compete and beat Carmel.

11 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Homestead's Defense is as well.should be a good game. I would be there but my Saints have to go to West Lafayette for a regional game. Yea Fort Wayne to West Lafayette for a Regional game.. oh did I mention we are a 4A school forced to play up a class? Being punished is the correct term...

Back to 6A  After what Sparty did to Carroll I believe they can compete and beat Carmel.

Yes, poor Dwenger...🙄

54 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Yeah, Snider is a 5A forced to play 6A for four years 😞

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Yeah, Snider is a 5A forced to play 6A for four years 😞

It's still fun though to watch them knock heads with schools 2 and 3 times their size. Deep runs are fun, but so are contests against Carmel and Penn. 

7 hours ago, Temptation said:

Yes, poor Dwenger...🙄

Poor Dwenger nothing. I wish we could play East Noble. Maybe next year when the move up a class. Would love to see this Bailey Parker I keep hearing about. Snider had a chance to drop back down a few years ago but wanted to stay in 6A. And if my memory serves me correct they would have and they wanted to play Dwenger twice a year till the changed the rules again. 

4 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Poor Dwenger nothing. I wish we could play East Noble. Maybe next year when the move up a class. Would love to see this Bailey Parker I keep hearing about. Snider had a chance to drop back down a few years ago but wanted to stay in 6A. And if my memory serves me correct they would have and they wanted to play Dwenger twice a year till the changed the rules again. 

Parker is a senior and will be playing college ball next year. 

Compete with and beat are 2 different things. Homesteads offense looked better with the new wrinkle, however they have not locked horns with a Carmel in a few years. Homestead may be able to score..its their defense that will determine their fate n yes i know "Defense wins championships" Until sparty slays that giant I will defer to history. If they do ill eat crow

26 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Could the Warsaw/Merrillville winner challenge the Carmel/Homestead winner?

In my honest opinion if it's Warsaw, no I don't think so. The only way Warsaw hangs with Carmel or Homestead (if they are somehow able to beat Merrillville on the road this week) is if their offense executes flawless and eats up the play clock each and every down. Thanks to their offensive philosophy, it helps shorten games and thus will always give them a chance to hang around.

Merrillville on the other hand is much bigger and has plenty of athletes to go around. I believe they could potentially give Homestead/Carmel a legitimate game. The issue for the Pirates will be the fact that they have to go on the road guaranteed for the semi-state matchup, which makes things a tad more difficult.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

MIC....again

The prediction of their decline...premature

Decline...you’re getting closer...

Last week it was demise...

I’ll patiently wait another week...

2 hours ago, Ryan11p said:

All these ppl in here talking about Parker and East Noble, Wait until he plays Hobarts D, East Noble won't beat the Brickies. Talking about East Noble playing bigger schools is silly especially Dwenger.

How does Dwenger enter the picture? And who on this 6a thread is talking about East Noble?

Edited by BTF
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BTF said:

How does Dwenger enter the picture? And who on this 6a thread is talking about East Noble?

Don't ask me me why Dwenger or East Noble were brought up. Read bro! read the thread then you will understand my comment. This is 2 threads you have quoted me without reading anything. Please read before quoting me if you don't understand but don't wanna read just don't comment or quote ppl. 

• Disdain 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

Don't ask me me why Dwenger or East Noble were brought up. Read bro! read the thread then you will understand my comment. This is 2 threads you have quoted me without reading anything. Please read before quoting me if you don't understand but don't wanna read just don't comment or quote ppl. 

Actually, I just quoted you in another one a few minutes ago. Read that one. 

My question about East Noble and Dwenger wasn't meant to offend. I was just wondering if I was missing something......................"bro".

Good luck to your Brickies..................great team this year!