Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional championship travel distance

45 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Pretty bad when you have to travel to a different TIME ZONE for a SECTIONAL contest...

Southridge (Eastern) will travel southeast to bordering Heritage Hills (Central). All of a 5-25 minute drive depending on where in southwest Dubois County you live. 

It's much better to travel from an Eastern time zone to Central than vice versa. You may get home later, but you get an hour more between school letting out and kickoff, in most cases. 

LCC's looking at a 45-mile trek south down I-65 toward Whitestown to play 10-1 Traders Point Christian whose single loss has come via #1 1A, Indy Lutheran.

4 hours ago, Temptation said:

Pretty bad when you have to travel to a different TIME ZONE for a SECTIONAL contest...

Not really, depends on where you are.  About anything north or east we have to do that.  Next year with Vincennes and Jasper joining the SIAC we will be going to a different time zone twice every regular season depending on how the schedule falls.  And those 2 teams will be doing it several times a year.   

As for the distance for a sectional game...I know you are talking this year but a few years ago we had Northview in our sectional and had to go up there.  126 miles.

The alignment this year is insance.  If the teams would have won out Princeton and Gibson Southern could have played in the semi-state.  Not sure the distance but 10 miles apart at the most.  The 3A must have been set up without looking at where the schools are.  Ones near the Illinois border going to the Bloomington and Salem area in 3 different secetioanls instead of keeping east teams in east and west in west.

5 hours ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

Thorntown to Clinton should be a pretty good haul!

Rockville to Cayuga, not so much...

Dover to Clinton.  Webo to South Vermillion

77 Miles 1 hour 15 minutes

though the address for the Webo HS is Thorntown....

Edited by 1st_and_10

2 minutes ago, Grover said:

Wow!  Only two roundabouts???

Stadium is on the edge of town. Westfield must have 1 of the roundabouts. I can come from Northern Hamilton County to Carmel Stadium and go through only 1 roundabout, 1 light, 1 stop sign. I just made that trip Friday night, but there was an added stop sign in the Carmel High School parking lot because I was going to the gym for a girls basketball scrimmage.

Edited by gonzoron