Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional championship travel distance

On 11/2/2019 at 6:40 PM, SteelCurtain88 said:

Sectional 34 

Laville to Lewis Cass

67 miles 1 hr 5 mins

Is there a stipulation in the iHSAA By-Laws that if a team travels more than a certain distance they get a travel stipend?

Or does that not apply in the sectional round?

Not in the know here, so I'm  asking ....

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

3 hours ago, CoachHag said:

I would have lost a bet. I thought we had the least, Westfield to Carmel stadium 5.9 miles.  1 stop sign, 2 round abouts, &1 light.

Google maps show that it is 5.9 miles from Westfield High School to the Carmel stadium but only 5.5 miles from the Carmel stadium to WHS. For some reason when going south from WHS it shows the suggested route crossing US 31 at 181st street then to Wheeler Road then coming back to 31 via 32 but the northbound route is more direct. 

The roundabout at 136th Street and Keystone has two stoplights but I think they operate only during morning and afternoon peak times. One stop light is for northbound Keystone in the morning and the other for eastbound 136th Street in the afternoon I wouldn't swear to it though, I never go near there at those times.