Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PARKE HERITAGE vs NORTH VERMILLION

2 hours ago, MamaSaid said:

Mama Says, 

I'm sure I might have lost some credibility after the whole pooping in my pants thing, BUT...

I have it on good authority that Parke Heritage sought help from coaches outside of their school to gain an advantage defensively this week.  I was told the Wolfs had a "Guest" Linebacker coach throughout the week from a neighboring WRC School.  

Can anyone confirm? If that is factual... it could lead to serious infractions to all schools involved from the IHSAA

Anywho, not that that helped them any,  Who makes the call to play no safety in the 4th quarter, up by 5 when the other team has the ball with only 1 timeout?? What did the Wolfs think the Falcons were going to do? If there was 3 minutes on the clock I would have expected the Falcons to run a little more, but there was under 2 minutes and they had to drive almost the entire length of the field.  The Wolfs loss last night is entirely at the hands of their coaching staff.  They had a Sectional Championship all but in the bag, and out-coached themselves with poor game management. 

Mama Says SO!

Outside help for a coach that makes 75k?!?!  Maybe oldbleacherfan can give some insight?  

15 minutes ago, Coach Herman Boone said:

Outside help for a coach that makes 75k?!?!  Maybe oldbleacherfan can give some insight?  

Not sure who or what you’re talking about outside help? I’m not going to ask my son about it either.   The only time you seem to post is when you make shots at Brian Moore. I’m grateful my son played 2 years for him, as NV parents are for Crabtree, and all other WRC coaches as a whole. 

What I do know is that my son and his friends are devastated after the most dramatic loss I’ve ever seen in my 45 years of watching/attending/playing high school sports. It’s been a long 18 hours here in Parke County. 

The fans got what they wanted. My hats off to Coach Crabtree and his staff. They find ways to win, their kids show up in crunch time and that’s signs of a good program. It was a clean, respectful battle and was awesome to watch. Go get Lutheran! 

I hope these two teams stay on top of the wrc for many years to come! 

Parke Heritage is losing some great players and this senior class was the best. 

Good luck falcons! @Woody_Hayes 

represent the WRC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MamaSaid said:

Who makes the call to play no safety in the 4th quarter, up by 5 when the other team has the ball with only 1 timeout?? What did the Wolfs think the Falcons were going to do? If there was 3 minutes on the clock I would have expected the Falcons to run a little more, but there was under 2 minutes and they had to drive almost the entire length of the field.  The Wolfs loss last night is entirely at the hands of their coaching staff.  They had a Sectional Championship all but in the bag, and out-coached themselves with poor game management. 

Were you at game? Wolves had a 3 man rush on that last drive and dropped 8. Lol  They didn’t make the plays falcons did. 

2 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Not sure who or what you’re talking about outside help? I’m not going to ask my son about it either.   The only time you seem to post is when you make shots at Brian Moore. I’m grateful my son played 2 years for him, as NV parents are for Crabtree, and all other WRC coaches as a whole. 

What I do know is that my son and his friends are devastated after the most dramatic loss I’ve ever seen in my 45 years of watching/attending/playing high school sports. It’s been a long 18 hours here in Parke County. 

The fans got what they wanted. My hats off to Coach Crabtree and his staff. They find ways to win, their kids show up in crunch time and that’s signs of a good program. It was a clean, respectful battle and was awesome to watch. Go get Lutheran! 

I hope these two teams stay on top of the wrc for many years to come! 

Parke Heritage is losing some great players and this senior class was the best. 

Good luck falcons! @Woody_Hayes 

represent the WRC

That loss was brutal, I agree.  I'm still not sure how NV won that game.  During Crabtree's tenure, they have certainly pulled out a lot of close games.  They find a way to win.  Was impressed with how much poise they displayed in the last drive.   In particular, #11 Ellis was nails on the last drive.  NV has gritty kids.  

Even though it was satisfying to see Rockville & Coach Moore get beat, I did feel bad for the PH kids.  They played a great game.  The way it happened would be hard to digest.  Losses like that leave a mark.  PH kids were valiant throughout and had a great season.  They will be back again next year.

As for this week, NV will have their work cut out for them.  They will be a decided underdog.  However, they've been in that position before with Lutheran.

Thank you @Oldbleacherfan much appreciated. Your son is a great player and I know how proud of him you must be. It was a shame that a team had to lose Friday night because both teams played so hard. I also enjoyed the mutual respect and sportsmanship between both teams. That was just two incredible games between two good teams.

I don't understand what happened Friday night. The Wolfs are indeed a juggernaut so I can't figure out two losses to North Vermillion this year. This is perhaps the biggest fart sandwich in history and I am the one that has to swallow it. None of this makes any sense.

My hat is off to the Wolfs on a great and historic season.

On 11/9/2019 at 5:27 PM, Oldbleacherfan said:

First, I meant no ill will towards your son, or Parke Heritage.  There are hundreds of teams who wish they had a 10-2 record in high school and played for a Sectional Title.  The players have nothing to be ashamed of.  I was simply inquiring about information I had gathered from a credible source.  Second, I certainly post about more than my opinions of Brian Moore.  Third, Coach Moore is an incredible coach who has seen success at literally every place he has been.  It's hard to not like that or not have respect for that! But at the same time, when all you do is win, the list of people who want to see you lose becomes much longer than the list of people who want to see you win.  I'm sure the Falcons and Crabtree are familiar with that.  I'm also sure since you've been watching/attending/playing high school sports for 45 years you can understand that.

On 11/9/2019 at 6:20 PM, Oldbleacherfan said:

Were you at game? Wolves had a 3 man rush on that last drive and dropped 8. Lol  They didn’t make the plays falcons did. 

I see the confusion here.  Yes, on the Falcons final drive, the Wolves initially had a 3 man rush and dropped 8.  But after the Falcons crossed midfield(With less than 1 minute left on the clock) the Wolves switched to a 4 man front and walked and Blitzed a linebacker off each edge(6 Pass Rushers). They were 2 over 2 on the receivers on the edge playing Man with no safety in the middle of the field. The remaining LB played soft coverage in the middle of the field but there was no one deep. Again, the Wolves beat themselves.  Yes the Falcons absolutely did make plays, but the Wolves were in no position to make them.  The Falcons threw the ball 13 times out of 14 plays on their final drive.  There was absolutely no need to have an 7 man box.

I'm sure your son has access to PH's Hudl.  Watch the film

Good Luck to the Falcons this week. 

Mama Says SO!

Edited by MamaSaid

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I don't understand what happened Friday night. The Wolfs are indeed a juggernaut so I can't figure out two losses to North Vermillion this year. This is perhaps the biggest fart sandwich in history and I am the one that has to swallow it. None of this makes any sense.

My hat is off to the Wolfs on a great and historic season.

Pretty sure the Merriam Webster dictionary defines a "Juggernaut" as (a massive inexorable force, campaign, movement, or object that crushes whatever is in its path) Inexorable, in essence means unstoppable by the way, and since they were stopped twice then the term is rendered unsuitable in this situation.  Again as always I am a fan of the Wolves and I believe they had a very successful season, but a JUGGERNAUT they are certainly not.  Have fun with that sandwich

17 hours ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Thank you @Oldbleacherfan much appreciated. Your son is a great player and I know how proud of him you must be. It was a shame that a team had to lose Friday night because both teams played so hard. I also enjoyed the mutual respect and sportsmanship between both teams. That was just two incredible games between two good teams.

Congratulations Coach, good luck with the rest of the tournament.