Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Most Intriguing Sectional Final

Being a somewhat homer ... although I have ties to three different schools ... I'm most interested in seeing how LCC-Traders Point plays out.  The convention wisdom said that LCC would walk through sectionals; however, Traders Point is 10-1.  While their schedule strength is relatively low, they have played Class A #1 Lutheran ... although it resulted in their solo loss, 63-27 at the end of the regular season.  They are a relatively unknown quantity in terms of IHSAA play having just played in their first IHSAA tourney last season where they made it to a sectional championship game before being unceremoniously bounced by South Putnum.  I'm interesting in seeing Traders Point play given that they are appearing in the second sectional championship in the two years that they've been IHSAA-eligible.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Warren05 said:

Warren Central vs LN- Warren had to come from behind in the regular season game to beat the Wildcats. The Wildcats are coming off exercising the demons with LC. 

Nah, same deal I saw with Brownsburg last week.  LN beating LC was their Super Bowl.  They’ll be satisfied and lay down for Warren.

8 minutes ago, Warren05 said:

So you are saying the Bburge is gonna lay down for zionsville?

I think they are still talented enough to not play their best and get by Zionsville.

However I’m not as confident as I previously was going forward.

Obviously a homer here, but the Penn @ Warsaw game is intriguing in the sense that Warsaw is seeking its first ever sectional championship. The Tigers are 0-6 all-time in sectional championship games, and I would argue this is their best opportunity to win when compared to their previous six matchups. However, in order to do so, they will have to knock off the mighty Kingsmen. Penn is 9-0 against Warsaw all-time, but this is exactly the reason why the Tigers hired Bart Curtis two years ago. Not only to compete for an win NLC championships, but compete in the state tournament year in and year out.

Should be an exciting atmosphere with Chuck Freeby and WHME Channel 46 on hand for the game of the week broadcast!

Edited by NLCTigerFan07
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Obviously a homer here, but the Penn @ Warsaw game is intriguing in the sense that Warsaw is seeking its first ever sectional championship. The Tigers are 0-6 all-time in sectional championship games, and I would argue this is their best opportunity to win when compared to their previous six matchups. However, in order to do so, they will have to knock off the mighty Kingsmen. Penn is 9-0 against Warsaw all-time, but this is exactly the reason why the Tigers hired Bart Curtis two years ago. Not only to compete for an win NLC championships, but compete in the state tournament year in and year out.

Should be an exciting atmosphere with Chuck Freeby and WHME Channel 46 on hand for the game of the week broadcast!

Kingsmen  are not so mighty this year.

3 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Kingsmen  are not so mighty this year.

And thus why I said this could be their best opportunity to win when compared to their previous six appearences in a sectional final. Fingers crossed... but that's a huge monkey to get off their backs, and the script PENN on the side of the helmet might as well be a gorilla.

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

East Central/Mooresville

Evansville Memorial/Evansville Central

One of these 4 will likely be playing in LOS.  I’m thinking the Regional game is probably East Central v. Memorial (have those guys ever played each other?) with the winner beating Roncalli (going out on a limb....not too much of one, though).

• Like 1

Chatard Vs West Lafayette.

if Chatard was playing in the south like they have and probably should,  this would likely be the state championship game....although  I wouldn’t count Heritage hills out on the matter.  That team seems like a special one...one of their fans here said they will have to replace 21 of 22 starters on the team...something crazy  

with that said  Southridge @ Heritage Hills will be a good one.  First game of the two was 7-7 at the half.  Second half got out of hand really fas. Bunch of turnovers and HH was scored 5 times on 15 offensive plays.

Nobody should look over Southridge.  Even after their phenomenal QB decided to focus on baseball/basketball, losing a ton to graduation after a 2017 title + semi state appearance in 2018, AND getting bumped up to 3A in the second toughest sectional for 3A....they are legit.  What a coaching job being done over there.  Next man up and don’t miss a beat  

• Like 2

Mississinewa and Marion is one to watch.  Mississinewa beat a heavily favored Delta in week 1 of the sectionals.  Mississinewa also beat a very good Pendleton Heights team in week 1 of the season and then in week 2 beat New Haven.  Mississinewa lone loss is to Eastbrook in which Mississinewa played without their top player who was out with a high ankle sprain.  Marion has a tougher schedule than Mississinewa.  Marion has speed where Mississinewa has size and speed.  These two teams have met at some point in the sectional and have not played each other in the regular season despite the schools being 8 miles apart.  

Another sectional final to watch is Eastern (Greentown) and Eastbrook.  Eastern is undefeated and scrimmages Mississinewa every year.  Eastbrook lost to Delta and Marion.  This game is going to have a State Championship atmosphere.  This game is going to be tough for both teams.

• Disdain 1

9 hours ago, Lysander said:

One of these 4 will likely be playing in LOS.  I’m thinking the Regional game is probably East Central v. Memorial (have those guys ever played each other?) with the winner beating Roncalli (going out on a limb....not too much of one, though).

I am really interested in the East Central @ Mooresville game. I have thought of it as a toss up game. That being said East Central really struggled with 4-6 Greenwood at Greenwood, and now they play at Mooresville. The Pioneers had no troubles with Greenwood in Conference play winning 31-7. I haven't been able to watch the Trojans this year. I'm really leaning towards Mooresville. I do know it should be one heck of a game in Mooresville this Friday!

I'm leaning towards Memorial getting revenge against Central.

#5 North Vermillion vs #6 Parke Heritage. 

Played earlier in the season in what was the best HS game I’ve seen in person. 

I believe 4 lead changes in the 4th quarter. 

Wolves have the states leading passer in Logan White and leading receiver, sophomore Noble Johnson.  The falcons have a great offensive line and running back Reynolds. 

Will be worth the price of admissions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

I am really interested in the East Central @ Mooresville game. I have thought of it as a toss up game. That being said East Central really struggled with 4-6 Greenwood at Greenwood, and now they play at Mooresville. The Pioneers had no troubles with Greenwood in Conference play winning 31-7. I haven't been able to watch the Trojans this year. I'm really leaning towards Mooresville. I do know it should be one heck of a game in Mooresville this Friday!

I'm leaning towards Memorial getting revenge against Central.

EC v. Mooresville will be a contrast in styles.  Personally, I think EC’s grind it out style gives them an advantage this time of year when weather can be all over the board.

Going with Memorial.  Discipline is everything this time of year and I think they have the big edge there.

13 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Plus....Bart knows how to beat Penn.  There is no "Oh its Penn...were doomed Penn Stigma" for Coach Curtis as many teams and coaches have.  The question becomes....can he instill this thought process into his kids for 48 minutes??  

Edited by gbjemler
deleted the word "the"

34 minutes ago, Lysander said:

EC v. Mooresville will be a contrast in styles.  Personally, I think EC’s grind it out style gives them an advantage this time of year when weather can be all over the board.

Going with Memorial.  Discipline is everything this time of year and I think they have the big edge there.

Mooresville and EC both will want to run the ball. Mooresville doesn't sling it as much as they did the last 2 years according to their stats, they seem to like to establish the run. However they do have the capability throw very effectively.and have deep ball threats. Definitely an interesting game. Likely will come down to turnovers who makes the least mistakes. Could be a fast game.

Mooresville Rushing 414 Carries 2,429 yds 32 TD's 5.9 ypc 220.8 ypg

Mooresville Passing 115 of 206 for 1,624 yds 22 TD 14.1 ypc 147.6 ypg

East Central Rushing 303 Carries 2,085 yds 34 TD's 6.9 ypc 208.5 ypg

East Central Passing 98 of 157 for 1,463 yds 18 TD's 14.9 ypc 146.3 ypg

12 hours ago, gbjemler said:

Plus....Bart knows how to beat Penn.  There is no "Oh its Penn...were doomed Penn Stigma" for Coach Curtis as many teams and coaches have.  The question becomes....can he instill this thought process into his kids for 48 minutes??  

I think he can and already has honestly. Last year the Tigers held the lead over Penn at halftime last year 7-3 and battled the entire game before losing 16-7. I just hope we don't see a let down like earlier in the season heading into the Plymouth game. IMO - heads were swelled and egos boosted after the win at Michigan City, only for the Tigers to come out flat in the 1st half against the Rockies and have to playing from behind the entire game. That's difficult to do with Bart Ball, and Warsaw just ran out of time playing catch up.

22 hours ago, gbjemler said:

This will have nothing to do with Friday's outcome , but Bart Curtis is 0-8 the last 8 meetings with Penn . Knowing how to beat Penn and actually doing it Must be two different things . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

This will have nothing to do with Friday's outcome , but Bart Curtis is 0-8 the last 8 meetings with Penn . Knowing how to beat Penn and actually doing it Must be two different things . 

2-11 career wise I believe against Penn if you scroll back through the archives from Mishawaka to now.  Absolutely knowing and doing are two different things.   I guess my point should have been that he has beaten Penn and been very competitive with them at times when Penn was rolling everybody else on their schedule.   Penn is always going to be Penn. A record like this year is reflective of the Valpo squad and the two out of state powers Homewood  F and St X. and a rolling New Prairie team.  Beating Penn is a season maker for most schools in Northern Indiana.  Your point is noted and well-taken.   Good luck to both teams.  

• Like 1