Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 24 Championship: #3Memorial@#6Central

The highly anticipated matchup is finally here and will be the 100th meeting on both teams. John Harrell favors the Bears, Massey says the Tigers. 

www.masseyratings.com www.masseyratings.com
  Evansville Mem
Evansville, IN, USA
Evansville Cent
Evansville, IN, USA
Actual Score 0 0
Most Likely 22 20
Median 22 21
Mean 24.72 22.64
Win Probability 55% 45%
Evansville Memorial (9-1) at Evansville Central (9-2)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Bear Den.
COACHES: John Hurley, 96-55 in 12th year at Memorial. Sean Coultis, 9-2 in 1st year at Central.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Central, 70.99, 58th overall, 10th in 4A. Memorial, 70.1, 59th overall, 11th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Memorial defeated Boonville, 33-13. Central defeated Jasper, 27-16.
VS. COMMON FOES: Memorial 7-0; Central 7-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Memorial 51-51. Central 48-53.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Memorial, 19-17
LAST MEETING: Evansville Central, 23-20, 2OT, Oct. 4, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: Central, 24-21.

Which team will survive the matchup? Tigers or the Bears. 

Can they both lose? At least some controversy so neither can claim absolute victory. 

Really though, I'm torn. I want Memorial to win, but I don't want them to gain success points so they can return to 3A.

Regardless, it's impressive for Central to have continued success given its history over the years. A strong Central program benifits all of Evansville and SW Indiana. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

While I hated the bye week, it did help Memorial get healthy and we looked sharper on O against Boonville than what we had in prior weeks.  I would have liked to have seen Jasper give Central a little more competition early on than what they did, but the result wasn't very surprising.  If you let Central get rolling, they will smother you.  Memorial will have to play a complete game, but eliminate the turnovers.  Should be a great game and a hostile environment.  As TigerFan20 points out, this will be the 100th meeting of Memorial and Central.  Memorial holds the overall advantage 59-38-2, but Central has won 4 of the last 5. 

• Like 2

This rematch is so anticipated, I am counting down the hours LOL! I really like our O-Line Friday night, it seemed a whole better as Tango mentioned it. The defense was somewhat strange because we missed tackles causing them to have log drives. But we did eventually stopped them when we needed too. Overall ,I was pretty much proud with our performance last Friday night, and was very impressed with Boonville's stadium. 

• Like 1

I agree with Tiger391, Pence needs time to throw to either one of his WRs. If we want to the running attack, we need our linemen to open holes wide enough to break loose or be physical enough to go around Central's D-line to gain a whole lot of yardage. Who knows what will happen this Friday, it is definitely a toss up.  

Over/under on 15 yard penalties? EM owns a few over the years but has cleaned it up compared to last season. EC continues to rack them up. 

Hopefully a good clean game......for one of the teams. #FTF 

Edited by Screagle

Surely we won’t have to play 5A now?  I’m missing some crickets that said the Tigers run will be over in 2018 and there’s no way they can compete in 4A. 

7 titles in 12 years under coach JH. Can we say his staff is officially the KINGS of SW Indiana football coaches? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Surely we won’t have to play 5A now?  I’m missing some crickets that said the Tigers run will be over in 2018 and there’s no way they can compete in 4A. 

7 titles in 12 years under coach JH. Can we say his staff is officially the KINGS of SW Indiana football coaches? 

KINGS. Best around! #FTF

18 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

It will be a rough year next season, but after that, let's see if the rumors will happen 

The rumor was we wouldn’t be any good this year.  A lot happens when kids work hard from Dec -Aug.  I think a win this week means we stay in 4A for the next cycle too.  

• Like 1