Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC sectional championship round

Everybody is on the road this Friday, but it's awesome that the conference has 3 teams still in the tournament!

Mississinewa @ Marion

Eastbrook @ Eastern

MG @ South Adams

Mississinewa will dominate the time of possession and scrape by with a huge win!  26-24  The River Rats have made me a believer.

Eastbrook will win by 4 TDs, I'm not very impressed at Eastern only scoring 20 at Alexandria.

MG can't keep up with the Starfires slinging the ball all over the field (unfortunately) and loses by 4 TDs.

Mississinewa: This will be an amazing environment and game! Both teams have gamebreakers. Home field will be a benefit, but not sure how much... The team with least amount of turnovers.... Wins! 

Eastbrook: Eastbrook will win with sp team play...  Eastern has had a great run! 

South Adams: great finish to the season MG! Build on it for the off-season... South Adams wins this one. 

Marion wins over Ole Miss in a fairly close game! I just feel Marion has more talent. Hope I am wrong. May go watch this one! Marion by 11

Eastbrook will tear up Eastern! Alexandria won the game on the field not on the scoreboard Eastern has a running back thats it! Eastbrook by 35

South Adams by alot! Mg good turn around and with dropping down to 1a has beat some ok teams. South Adams will be to Much and Mg will struggle to keep up on Defense. South Adams by 42

Absolutely STOKED to see MG playing this late into the season. Don't think they'll match up well with the Starfires but seeing them playing in a sectional championship just two seasons removed from their horrific 2017 campaign is awesome! The CIC is much more entertaining when more than just Eastbrook and Mississinewa are having success. 

• Like 2

Mississinewa at Marion--In my opinion this is the CIC game of the week.  Marion is fast and has some very good skill players.  Their offense runs thru Thomas and is very dangerous.  Marion's defense is very good.  Misssissinewa has several weapons and may be bigger up front than Marion.  Mississinewa is still having success with QB by committee.  Misssissinewa has a very solid and good defense.  This game will have a State Finals atmosphere.  In the end Mississinewa pulls out the win and advances.

Eastbrook at Eastern--Eastern struggled against Alexandria last week as Alex gave the win away.  Eastern has a very good running back but Eastbrook's defense is solid and will shut down the run game.  Eastbrook wins this one to advance.

Madison-Grant at South Adams--Great turnaround for MG.  The future of the program is bright.  They still have some things to do before they can start competing for a CIC title but they are going in the right direction.  South Adams is just too much for MG this year.  MG starts getting ready for the basketball season as South Adams wins this one but not by as much as one would think they would.

Would be nice to see all 3 CIC teams advance to regionals.  In another year or two the CIC could have teams playing for Sectional Championships in 4 different classes.  Let's hope that this is a move in the right direction for the CIC and some day have 2 or more teams playing for a State title.  Good Luck to the 3 remaining CIC teams this week.

Mississinewa: Im going with the upset. Should be a hell of a game, would love to go but i will be going to watch the panthers.

Eastbrook: I know Eastern hasn't played much competition and the numbers against Alexandria dont look great. With that being said they still haven't lost a game and the Panthers cant take them lightly. Hopefully the Panthers come ready to play and can win a fourth straight sectional.

South Adams: They are playing really good.

Mississinewa @ Marion

I'm going strictly by the Sagarin ratings on this one. This game could go either way.

Eastbrook @ Eastern

There will be a running clock and the Panther starters will be resting the 4th quarter. Eastern's schedule is weak and Eastbrook will score early and often.

MG @ South Adams

It was a good run Argylls. Their Cinderella story comes to an end. South Adams can score as much as they want.

I have learned my lesson with Ole Miss.  I am not counting them out.  I say they win by 7.

I thought Eastern was better than what they are.  A last second win against Lapel and a close game against Alex.  I don't see any way this game is close Friday.  Eastbrook by at least 21.

MG got a lucky draw to get here but that's okay!  Unfortunately this one will be over by the 2nd quarter.

2 hours ago, captainobvious said:

I guess you haven’t paid attention to 1A football.  I would love to see MG win, but I think you have a better chance of being struck by lightning!

42-55 South Adams opponent's combined record

58-58 Madison Grant opponent's combined record

I agree MG is a long shot but based on opponent's records MG may have the tougher schedule.  Remember MG plays all 2A schools with the exception of Mississinewa and Oak Hill.  The CIC had 3 teams battle to not be winless and only Elwood ended up winless.  

South Adams is in the Allen County Conference which may be a weaker conference as they had the bottom 4 teams battle it out to not be winless in a 7 team conference.  South Adams plays 2 schools outside of 1A and 2A.  Both of the "big" schools compared to South Adams won a total of 3 games between them.

Because of CIC play advantage could be with MG. 

1 hour ago, Indiansreloaded said:

42-55 South Adams opponent's combined record

58-58 Madison Grant opponent's combined record

I agree MG is a long shot but based on opponent's records MG may have the tougher schedule.  Remember MG plays all 2A schools with the exception of Mississinewa and Oak Hill.  The CIC had 3 teams battle to not be winless and only Elwood ended up winless.  

South Adams is in the Allen County Conference which may be a weaker conference as they had the bottom 4 teams battle it out to not be winless in a 7 team conference.  South Adams plays 2 schools outside of 1A and 2A.  Both of the "big" schools compared to South Adams won a total of 3 games between them.

Because of CIC play advantage could be with MG. 

Whatever you say!  South Adams in my opinion will be representing the north in 1A at the state finals.  But you just hold on to your stats and theories.  Maybe if Mississinewa had all their players healthy against Eastbrook then MG would win this week and Epstein would not have killed himself!

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2019 at 12:50 AM, captainobvious said:

Let me get this straight.  Mississinewa won in the first round of the sectional and you already have them playing in the state championship game??  C’mon man!!

7 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Whatever you say!  South Adams in my opinion will be representing the north in 1A at the state finals.  But you just hold on to your stats and theories.  Maybe if Mississinewa had all their players healthy against Eastbrook then MG would win this week and Epstein would not have killed himself!

Or if they had a good coach ???? Isn't that right captionobvious? In my sarcastic voice. In all seriousness , If Mississinewa controls the ball and time of possession they win this game.

11 hours ago, captainobvious said:

South Adams' QB is a junior and all of his receivers are sophomores, they'll win easily Friday night and I'm predicting they'll even be better next year!  The Starfires beat Monroe Central 2x this season handily, the same Monroe Central team that beat Blackford, Blackford beat MG.  I'm happy for the Argylls, but this is what we call a looooooooooooonnnnnnggggggggg shot!

I was surprised to find out that the Starfires really did have a weaker schedule than MG according to Sagarin. Those same ratings show SA as a 40 point favorite over the Argylls though. Maybe the Black and Gold are hearing stories of the 2006 playoff run when the Argylls caught fire and avenged a 42-7 loss to Eastbrook in Week 9 with a shocking victory 2 weeks later at Eastbrook in the semifinals and then beat South Adams in OT to win that sectional. I had a lot of friends on that MG team and loved hearing them talk about that muddy Eastbrook game. Weird things happen when November comes around. 

Incredible win by Ole Miss! What a game! Marion had the thoroughbreds and Ole Miss had the Bulls! Whoever said Marion was one dimensional was absolutely right! Why they did not run plays thru JK baffles me.

Marion straight up got out coached! Great job Coach Funk and crew! Willie Barnes how sweet for you!

Keep it up ole miss proud of you!

58 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

How bout that Coach Funk crew huh!!!   

Yes, how about them. I went to this game, one of the best HS games i have seen. Mississinewa just pounds the ball. O Line and D line look fantastic. Ole Miss might have something special here. I think Coach Funk has proved just how good he is. This should end that ridiculous discussion from an earlier post.

• Thanks 1