• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC Sectional Championship Games

Friday, Nov. 8
Penn at Warsaw, 7 pm
Mishawaka at Central, 7 pm
Plymouth at New Prairie, 7:30 pm
Jimtown at Marian, 7 pm

The games for this championship weekend.

Surprised Penn struggled with Portage like hey did. Listened to the game in car and the announcers did not say much.   Will Bart makes his mark and win the title?

Mish - ELK - right now think a toss-up.  Seen both and not leaning one way or another

Ply - NP - Seen both and think NP has too many weapons

Jimtown - Marian - A rematch that was close.  Who comes to play?

17 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Plymouth has a WR that appears pretty speedy.  NP pass D has been suspect at least when we played them.  Can PLymouth D stop the NP run game is the key component and the fact they are throwing the ball more spreads people out.  

Will it be a repeat of 2014 when it took Plymouth a half to figure NP out?  If I remember right the Cougars rushed for 300 in the first half and scored 35, but our lone score in the 2nd half was a safety on the older Barron boy.   Plymouth threw it all over that night to the Drudge kid, he was a STUD.   Weather going to play a factor Friday? 

30 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Plymouth has a WR that appears pretty speedy.  NP pass D has been suspect at least when we played them.  Can PLymouth D stop the NP run game is the key component and the fact they are throwing the ball more spreads people out.  

NP has inserted some different kids in the secondary and has become much better at defending the pass.

If the game was at Plymouth, my pick would be much closer. I honesty thought the CMA game would be closer. I think the soft wet grass vs turf played a small roll as well as being home. The colder temp may have benifit NP. The story of the game was the intensity of the defense. We had a few more skill players on defense that normally don't play D. CMA's QB ran for his life all night. I expect the same from Plymouth. 49-14... I do think Plymouth is a better team than that, but I think that Central loss lit the fire that NP needed. Last year's loss to SJ was to a NP team with a little complacency. NP might have learned from that.

• Like 1

I kind of agree with Goldrush.  NP and Plymouth definitely have different styles and I think the physical play of New Prairie wins out in the end.  That being said, I would be pretty surprised if Plymouth doesn't put some points on the board.  The Plymouth coaching staff will have their team much better prepared than CMA was.  I think the Cougars can get some pressure on the QB (looking at stats he doesn't run much so you know where he is going to be) and the DBs have to keep the ball in front of them, tackle the catch, and make Plymouth sustain drives.

Mishawaka and Central should be a great game.  I think most folks are leaning toward Central here, but I kind of think the Cavemen sneak out a victory.  Didn't Coach Kinder say in an interview that they were missing most of the defensive line with injury the first time they played.

I would pick Penn to win this game, but what the heck happened last week?

I think Marian wins pretty easily against the Jimmies.

Penn at Warsaw, 7 pm

Jimtown at Marian, 7 pm

Penn over Warsaw (closer than most may think) I'm going with 21-20

Mishawaka over Central (Mishawaka "D" is healthy) 22-17

New Prairie crushes Plymouth (Plymouth struggled with a bad St. Joe team) 42-14

Marian over Jimtown (AGAIN) 34-13

2 hours ago, FormerCoach said:
Penn at Warsaw, 7 pm

Jimtown at Marian, 7 pm

Penn over Warsaw (closer than most may think) I'm going with 21-20

Mishawaka over Central (Mishawaka "D" is healthy) 22-17

New Prairie crushes Plymouth (Plymouth struggled with a bad St. Joe team) 42-14

Marian over Jimtown (AGAIN) 34-13

Plymouth beat St Joe by 16

Mishawaka beat St Joe by 21

I don't see a big difference here . 

40 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I might also add that #6(5A) Concord lost to Plymouth . Concord barely lost to EC last friday . Like stated before , Plymouth is better than you think . I think NP wins , but much closer than a few NP think . 

Plymouth needs to be focus and play hard for 48 min.  The 1st 6 min or so Fri night they dominated.  Then they seemed to lose focus.  Cannot do that this week

4 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Plymouth beat St Joe by 16

Mishawaka beat St Joe by 21

I don't see a big difference here . 

Mishawaka beat St. Joe by 35 (St. Joe scored 2 TD's in the last 4 minutes vs. the Mish frosh). St. Joe was BAD this year.  

New Prairie beat your beloved Kingsmen (who aren't up to par this year).

New Prairie is THAT MUCH better than Plymouth.  PERIOD!

15 minutes ago, FormerCoach said:

Mishawaka beat St. Joe by 35 (St. Joe scored 2 TD's in the last 4 minutes vs. the Mish frosh). St. Joe was BAD this year.  

New Prairie beat your beloved Kingsmen (who aren't up to par this year).

New Prairie is THAT MUCH better than Plymouth.  PERIOD!

Wrong , St joe scored 1 TD in the 4th quarter , get your facts straight . 

2 hours ago, Wedgebuster said:

I wonder if Plymouth can withstand the early onslaught of NP?  The speed the physicality, the unique offense, etc.  I think Plymouth will eventually settle in, but will it be 21-0 or 21-7 by the time that happens? 

I would say yes , as Plymouth has already beaten 6A Warsaw this year . Pretty much the same unique offense new Prairie runs . 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Wrong , St joe scored 1 TD in the 4th quarter , get your facts straight . 

C'mon man...I WAS at the game...it was running clock...it was a COMPLETE and TOTAL butt whooping..one of the TD's happened at the end of the 3rd. When starters were on the field for both teams it was 42-7!

But besides that...NP BURIES Plymouth on Friday...call Vegas now and book it!