Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC Sectional Championship Games

1 hour ago, FormerCoach said:

C'mon man...I WAS at the game...it was running clock...it was a COMPLETE and TOTAL butt whooping..one of the TD's happened at the end of the 3rd. When starters were on the field for both teams it was 42-7!

But besides that...NP BURIES Plymouth on Friday...call Vegas now and book it!

I sure hope (for Kids sake)that your really not a former coach . 

2 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I would say yes , as Plymouth has already beaten 6A Warsaw this year . Pretty much the same unique offense new Prairie runs . 

Just for the record, other than the fact that Warsaw and New Prairie both run the ball a ton, there aren’t a whole lot of similarities between the two systems.

If both teams play their best games of the season. I think NP wins by 3 scores. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Plymouth take it, but NP looks like their on a mission this year. 

I firmly believe NP, Mishawaka, EC, and Penn would of all won the NLC this year rather easily. And NP was a dumb play away from beating all 3 in 3 great hard-nose, minimal mistake football games. NP has made some personnel changes to defense the pass better in recent weeks and I can’t see the Rockies being able to slow down the Cougs offense enough to give them a chance. 

16 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

If both teams play their best games of the season. I think NP wins by 3 scores. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Plymouth take it, but NP looks like their on a mission this year. 

I firmly believe NP, Mishawaka, EC, and Penn would of all won the NLC this year rather easily. And NP was a dumb play away from beating all 3 in 3 great hard-nose, minimal mistake football games. NP has made some personnel changes to defense the pass better in recent weeks and I can’t see the Rockies being able to slow down the Cougs offense enough to give them a chance. 

Another side note, #2 (4A) East Noble barely beat Plymouth. East Noble beat Mishawaka by more points. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

Alot of way too confident new prairie fans on this thread.    New prairie does not have the secondary to slow down Plymouth's passing game.   This will not be a blowout game.    

Realistically this game could resemble the 2014 game played at Plymouth that NP barely squeaked out. Another Barron QB with a special talent in #2 that reminds me a bit Drudge. NP has special talent on the offensive line (D1) and skill positions. Our QB has the ability to take it to the house on any play with his legs AND his arm. If both teams show up and play their best game of the season it could be along the lines of a 42-28, 48-35 game favoring NP. Having played against Elkhart Central has helped the Cougars figure out how to deal with really great athletes. Let’s see how the NP passing defense (including the pass rush) fares against Plymouth. NP has a chance to quiet a lot of naysayers with this game. Best of luck to both teams this Friday! 

14 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I would say yes , as Plymouth has already beaten 6A Warsaw this year . Pretty much the same unique offense new Prairie runs . 

12 hours ago, NPFan said:

Just for the record, other than the fact that Warsaw and New Prairie both run the ball a ton, there aren’t a whole lot of similarities between the two systems.

Exactly what I was going to respond with. I liked @GOLDRUSH1985 point about the fact that Plymouth did defeat Warsaw this season, and they did it by jumping out ahead early on the Tigers before hanging on at the end. Even though it's not exactly the same as what New Prairie does, anytime a team is as RUN heavy as both Warsaw and New Prairie are, if they get behind early, they are not only fighting the other team, but fighting the clock.

If the Warsaw/Plymouth game was another 4-6 minutes longer (like an extra half of a quarter), I firmly believe the Tigers would have comeback.

Not taking anything away from the Rockies here. They played well that entire game and made the big plays when they needed to and 100% won that game. But the key (IMO) was that they got off to a good start and had a 17-6 halftime lead and never let Warsaw get in an offensive rhythm. If they are somehow able to replicate a similar performance, no reason they can't compete and have a close game with New Prairie.

Edited by NLCTigerFan07

16 hours ago, FormerCoach said:

C'mon man...I WAS at the game...it was running clock...it was a COMPLETE and TOTAL butt whooping..one of the TD's happened at the end of the 3rd. When starters were on the field for both teams it was 42-7!

But besides that...NP BURIES Plymouth on Friday...call Vegas now and book it!

What would your spread be? 

8 hours ago, NPCougar said:

Realistically this game could resemble the 2014 game played at Plymouth that NP barely squeaked out. Another Barron QB with a special talent in #2 that reminds me a bit Drudge. NP has special talent on the offensive line (D1) and skill positions. Our QB has the ability to take it to the house on any play with his legs AND his arm. If both teams show up and play their best game of the season it could be along the lines of a 42-28, 48-35 game favoring NP. Having played against Elkhart Central has helped the Cougars figure out how to deal with really great athletes. Let’s see how the NP passing defense (including the pass rush) fares against Plymouth. NP has a chance to quiet a lot of naysayers with this game. Best of luck to both teams this Friday! 

What Naysayers ? I haven't seen one person say that NP would lose this game . Let's be honest here , NP has only played 3 descent teams this year (Penn , Mish , EC)and are 2-1 against them . Penn has the worst team in 40 years and an injured starting QB(Good Win) . So if NP fans want to chest thump over that win , that's fine . NP barely beat Mish (Good Win ) and lost to EC . Plymouth 9-2 is in the same category this year as the previous 3 mentioned . You didn't blow out any of the 3 mentioned , so why are you blowing Plymouth out ?

All you New Prairie fans better hope you win because if you don’t, I don’t want to see any tails between the legs. 

Also, I have yet to see anything that absolutely says that NP will win definitively. Anyone that discounts Plymouth’s passing game or defense is sorely misinformed. I just don’t want to hear any whining, crying, or complaining when the Rockies show up playing like it’s a hs sectional championship and not a pee wee league championship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Steve said:

I have yet to see anything that absolutely says that NP will win definitively. Anyone that discounts Plymouth’s passing game or defense is sorely misinformed. I just don’t want to hear any whining, crying, or complaining when the Rockies show up playing like it’s a hs sectional championship and not a pee wee league championship.

Do I think NP is better? yes. Do I think NP should win by a couple of scores? yes. But honestly, I hope it's just a real good football game and comes down to the last minute (with the cougs pulling it out of course). I think NP and Plymouth could be great post-season rivals for the foreseeable future. Hope to see a good crowd out in the cold tomorrow night. 

Another great game between Plymouth and NP. Like I said earlier, I hope these two continue to meet in the post-season as it seems like a natural rivalry during sectional time. Question for Plymouth folks; are there any more Barrons waiting in the wings or was this the last one?

16 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

Another great game between Plymouth and NP. Like I said earlier, I hope these two continue to meet in the post-season as it seems like a natural rivalry during sectional time. Question for Plymouth folks; are there any more Barrons waiting in the wings or was this the last one?

dont forget the success factor

On 11/6/2019 at 10:19 PM, MikeTyson15 said:

New Prairie is THAT much better than Plymouth?  I'm not buying it for a second.  I think it'll be a close game either way.  I think New Prairie wins, but if they blow Plymouth out I will be shocked.

@GOLDRUSH1985...I knew it would be a tight game...I was getting my "I told you so" in there for all of these posters who were calling for a blowout

It was a good game.  Plymouth made some big defensive plays.  I think as long as the Rockies want to throw the ball 35+ times a game in mid-November in northern Indiana they will have a tough time moving on.  Their running game was non-existent.