Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Heritage Hills vs Southridge Round 2

It's time to get this thing started.  A little more than 72 hours away from Sectional 32 Championship with a great rivalry, and two schools that are only separated by 8 miles!!!  11-0 Heritage Hills vs 9-2 Southridge.

There is talk that Southridge had several key players missing in the first meeting besides the QB.  I am wondering if there is any truth to that and what impact it may have on the game!!  Obviously the tournament success that Raider Nation has enjoyed in recent history will definitely be something that Southridge can rely on in this  game.

Heritage Hills conversely coming off one of the craziest wins in program history will be playing at home for the first time in a month!!  One would think that would be a huge asset to this Senior dominated team!  Will the ground and pound mentality of the Patriots offense and defense continue to roll??  

I expect nothing less than a heavy weight match up like Ali and Foreman!!  Hay makers and body blows from both teams!  I can't wait.  Now let's start talking!!

• Like 3

Am I to assume that there are no fans out here on the Grid willing to put their necks out this week for this match up!!  I mean come on man, according to Max Preps this is #2 vs #7 baby!! It doesn't get much better than this one!!  8 miles of black top!!  Decades of competition!!  Let's go!!

I have utmost respect for HH. Hard for me to start too much banter! Now if it was GS, Game ON!!! Really excited to see a HEALTHY Southridge team play a quality team for the first time since Jasper week 2! I expect this game to be much closer than the first-go-round. Southridge tends to be a different animal come tournament time under coach Buening.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

I have utmost respect for HH. Hard for me to start too much banter! Now if it was GS, Game ON!!! Really excited to see a HEALTHY Southridge team play a quality team for the first time since Jasper week 2! I expect this game to be much closer than the first-go-round. Southridge tends to be a different animal come tournament time under coach Buening.

So there were some other kids out then?? 

I can tell you the same thing about respecting a program like SR.  The route that the Raiders have taken to the Sectional Championship has been less reported on due to the teams they have played and kind of let the Raiders fly under the radar for a couple weeks or so.  Truth is the Patriots need to forget round one!!  Forget week 2 of the sectional!!  They need to zero in their sights on a very dangerous Southridge team and do what needs to be done!!  

Once our season is over I normally go watch Southridge play. The kids look forward to going and we usually watch them at home. Haven't had the chance yet so we are going Friday. Never been to The Jungle before. Really looking forward to it. Any suggestions on where to eat? (Maybe eating arrangement weren't the type of discussion you were hoping for but beggars can't be choosers.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Once our season is over I normally go watch Southridge play. The kids look forward to going and we usually watch them at home. Haven't had the chance yet so we are going Friday. Never been to The Jungle before. Really looking forward to it. Any suggestions on where to eat? (Maybe eating arrangement weren't the type of discussion you were hoping for but beggars can't be choosers.)

Depends what you are looking for.  Obviously coming from the east you will pass the Ferdinand exit and there are plenty of choices there, from fast food to local cuisine like Fleig's, Oasis, Homestead Pizza, and Tres Agaves.  If  you come on in to Spencer County I would recommend the Chateau good food and drinks, also Jenks Pizza (the strombolis are killer) Hope that helps

Edited by Patriot 74

21 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Depends what you are looking for.  Obviously coming from the east you will pass the Ferdinand exit and there are plenty of choices there, from fast food to local cuisine like Fleig's, Oasis, Homestead Pizza, and Tres Agaves.  If  you come on in to Spencer County I would recommend the Chateau good food and drinks, also Jenks Pizza (the strombolis are killer) Hope that helps

Absolutely. I always defer to experience when it comes to these things. Thanks!

I expect this game to be closer than the last for sure.  I am looking forward to this matchup.  My favorite rival and I have loads of great friends in Huntingburg.  This is the oldest matchup/rival we have and the one team we play that is packing a pile of hardware that they have collected over the years.  

We couldn't have a better matchup tonight--environment will be great and I am glad to be back in the Jungle.  We want a sectional!!!

On 11/5/2019 at 10:04 AM, RoadRunner said:

How many damn limbs did you hit any way?