Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2020 Head Coaching Changes: NO RUMORS and LINK TO IFCA JOB BOARD

Covenant Christian (Indianapolis) with a coaching change in consecutive years. School athletics website stating they have hired Dan Gietl as the new Varsity football coach. Gietl will replace Tony Bowman, who in his one year as HFC led Covenant to a 6-5 record. Gietl's coaching career is described in the article link below. 

Covenant Christian with a 6-5 record this year, bowing out of the tournament to 1A favorite Indianapolis Lutheran, has produced four straight winning seasons. Under Larry McWhorter, they posted a 10-1 record in 2016, 7-3 in 2017, and 9-1 in 2018. The potential for success is there for the new head coach. 

covenantathletics.org/2019/11/13/gietl-named-next-football-coach/

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 7:14 AM, Dcoach said:

I heard this from an assistant there a couple weeks ago. With the rumors of a school closing will anyone be interested? 

I can't imagine it drawing too much interest with the rumors of a school closing already.

Would a job like this be a good stepping stone for someone who wants to be a head coach or would this be a hindrance to future head coaching jobs, assuming there isnt a huge turnaround in success on the field?

15 hours ago, vicvinegar said:

So is Bosse now.

Eric Schnur posts here from time to time.  I think he did a really good job in a very tough position.  Nothing against Boonville, but I was sooo pulling for Bosse in that sectional game last year.  They came so close.

Edited by MHSTigerFan