Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

"TRAP GAMES"

Adams Central vs Northfield in sectional 44. This was supposed to be #3 vs #4 but Northfield upset #3 Southwood. They've won 7 or 8 straight now it seems. They gave the Jets a good game last year in the opening round. That Jets team was better than this years team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Middleman said:

Do you believe in trap games at this point in the season? If so, where do you see some potential upsets occurring this Friday night? Who should be on UPSET ALERT!?

Absolutely. Northrop could be a trap game for Dwenger this week with Lafayette Harrison looming. 

22 minutes ago, BTF said:

Absolutely. Northrop could be a trap game for Dwenger this week with Lafayette Harrison looming. 

Totally agree with you here. With Dwenger only winning the first game 9-7 Northrop will definitely see this as a winnable game. 

21 hours ago, Middleman said:

Do you believe in trap games at this point in the season? If so, where do you see some potential upsets occurring this Friday night? Who should be on UPSET ALERT!?

How about Decatur Central and Cathedral? I have seen a lot of talk about the Cathedral and New Pal match-up, but this one looks like it could be a game as well.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Prospect said:

How about Decatur Central and Cathedral? I have seen a lot of talk about the Cathedral and New Pal match-up, but this one looks like it could be a game as well.

I like that pick.  Decatur Central's Kenny Tracy has been electric this year, so will Cathedral be caught looking ahead to the New Pal matchup?

I'm also going out on a limb and taking Northrop over Dwenger.  It was a 9-7 game the first time these two teams met, so if Northrop can score 28 can they win the game?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Knightmare said:

I like that pick.  Decatur Central's Kenny Tracy has been electric this year, so will Cathedral be caught looking ahead to the New Pal matchup?

I'm also going out on a limb and taking Northrop over Dwenger.  It was a 9-7 game the first time these two teams met, so if Northrop can score 28 can they win the game?

I can promise you, being close to this program that there is ZERO talk about New Pal this week.  Absolutely ZERO!!!

Decatur Central is not being taken lightly on the hill.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prospect said:

Since DC ended their season last year, I doubt they are overlooking the Hawks this year.  But if those Tracy boys get loose on em, it could be a tough night for the Irish.

On 11/5/2019 at 1:53 PM, Prospect said:

Totally agree with you here. With Dwenger only winning the first game 9-7 Northrop will definitely see this as a winnable game. 

Dwenger also rested a lot of starters in that game. They started the 3rd string running back  and only dressed one starting linebacker. But hey still could be a trap game.

14 hours ago, Knightmare said:

Dwenger will be ready! Dwenger had a few 2nd and 3rd teamers getting a lot of playing time that game. 

21 hours ago, Prospect said:

21 hours ago, Knightmare said:

I highly doubt that Cathedral would be overlooking Decatur Central after DC beat them in the Sectional Championship last year 21-14. If I were to guess I would think they might be even more motivated and have had this game circled knowing it was a possibility.

I also do not think they will overlook Kenny Tracy after he ran for 96 yds 1 TD and had 61 yards receiving 1TD. Last year the QB ran for 117 yards so I would think they won't be overlooking any position..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Dwenger also rested a lot of starters in that game. They started the 3rd string running back  and only dressed one starting linebacker. But hey still could be a trap game.

Makes sense. The last time I saw the Saints play was at LOS last year. Needless to say that was a defensive game on both sides...