Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Alliance of American Football

Coach Nowlin

42 minutes ago, AG said:

Add to this that each AAF team has NFL affiliate teams, much like NBA G/D-League does. It's great for the sport and keeps veterans active for longer. I'm predicting that we will see more feel good comeback stories in the NFL due to the AAF's impact.

Kurt Warner should've just kept working as a bag boy, right?

Every story has an outlier.  Warner is no different.  He is the extreme exception to the rule.  It happens on the rare occasion.  

2 hours ago, AG said:

A quick Google search didn't yield any results. 

With eight AAF teams and eight NFL divisions, it makes sense to designate a team as an affiliate for each division.

2 hours ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

I asked this on another thread, but I've read about some of the affiliates for other teams, but who is the Colts' affiliate?

I got this from Wikipedia, so take it for what it is worth, but the Bengals, Colts, Saints, and Titans of the NFL and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL are affiliated with the Memphis Express. 

GB 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GB4 said:

I got this from Wikipedia, so take it for what it is worth, but the Bengals, Colts, Saints, and Titans of the NFL and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL are affiliated with the Memphis Express. 

GB 

Geographically those all make sense. Memphis is who I thought I'd root for, but San Antonio looked good defensively. It'll be interesting to see if that holds up.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:57 PM, wabashalwaysfights said:

Geographically those all make sense. Memphis is who I thought I'd root for, but San Antonio looked good defensively. It'll be interesting to see if that holds up.

Each NFL team is affiliated with one of the AAF teams (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25900439/everything-need-know-first-alliance-american-football-season). That article also explains how colleges are affiliated with each of the teams as well. This article confirms the Colts are affiliated with the Memphis team (https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/10/saints-aaf-memphis-express-davis-tull-damian-swann/). Cathedral and UIndy grad Reece Horn is playing for Memphis and caught 2 passes for 28 yards last weekend. If you look at the Memphis roster (https://aaf.com/memphis-express/roster) there are a couple names I believe have spent at least some time with the Colts.

• Thanks 1

Report: The AAF Needed A $250 Million Bailout After Just Two Weeks Of Games: https://deadspin.com/report-the-aaf-needed-a-250-million-bailout-after-jus-1832723865

Anyone with a stake in the AAF was eager to let the world know what a wild success the league’s first week of games was, citing the fact that the opening contest got better ratings than an NBA game on ABC. But according to a report from The Athletic, the league’s solid ratings didn’t prevent it from nearly missing payroll in just its second week of operation.

The Athletic reports that the AAF was on the cusp of not being able to pay its players on Friday, but was bailed out when Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon agreed to make a $250 million investment in the league, making him the league’s new chairman:

“Without a new, nine-figure investor, nobody is sure what would have happened,” one source said. “You can always tell people their checks are going to be a little late, but how many are going to show up on the weekend for games when they don’t see anything hit their bank accounts on Friday?”

On Tuesday, multiple sources told The Athletic, the AAF will announce that Carolina Hurricanes majority owner Tom Dundon, a self-made billionaire from Dallas, has become that nine-figure investor. Dundon will be introduced as the league’s new chairman after last week’s commitment of $250 million enabled the AAF to meet its obligations.

Meanwhile, attendance at the league’s Week 2 games was pretty grim. Hopefully Dundon isn’t hoping for a big return on his investment.

Doesn't sound good.  

• Disdain 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 1:07 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

Kicks off this weekend:  

Indiana Kids I saw on rosters:

Reese Horn

Chase Dutra 

Nick Temple

Andrew McDonald 

Gelen Robinson 

Don't forget Walton's own Kitt O'Brien for the Birmingham Iron, I believe you guys would have played him in 2008 Regional.  

• 3 weeks later...