Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 40 Championship

13 hours ago, NorthKnox94 said:

no...because I am a coach...you guys can do all the paper math you wan.!  I am just going to laugh at it every time I see it.

I didn't do any math.  Just made a prediction that MD wins big.  Didn't mean to offend you. 

10 hours ago, tango said:

I didn't do any math.  Just made a prediction that MD wins big.  Didn't mean to offend you. 

Yeah you did...you said Linton beat us by 2 scores, so...Mater Dei will win by 28 or more...I respect the fact that you think Mater will win...I understand...but, if you are judging NK by the way Linton played last week...you are mistaken...I have watched(been a part of) many Linton games...I have not seen them play a worse game in 20 plus years...It's ok though...maybe we will suprise you.  

5 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

...I have watched(been a part of) many Linton games...I have not seen them play a worse game in 20 plus years...It's ok though...maybe we will suprise you.  

On occasion, the opponent plays a small role in that. 😉

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

your right...but, the 7 turn overs that were committed by Linton...were all pretty much committed by themselves in my opinion!

I would agree because the fumbles were mostly miscues.  The pick 6 to start the game was a tipped ball.  That one was due to the defense.  The rest were the Mines shooting themselves in the foot.  I made another post and said, "what a first half beat down by the Miners.....on themselves."  Pretty much sums up how they played.

1 minute ago, itiswhatitis said:

I would agree because the fumbles were mostly miscues.  The pick 6 to start the game was a tipped ball.  That one was due to the defense.  The rest were the Mines shooting themselves in the foot.  I made another post and said, "what a first half beat down by the Miners.....on themselves."  Pretty much sums up how they played.

even the tipped ball...looks like they were covered well...and may have been intercepted anyway...

2 hours ago, NorthKnox94 said:

your right...but, the 7 turn overs that were committed by Linton...were all pretty much committed by themselves in my opinion!

Most were unforced errors.. high snap, bad exhange, or just dropping the ball...  I know one fumble was definitely the result of a hit by the MD Lb knocking the ball lose.  Both int's were good plays by MD.  A tip at the line that landed in LB's lap and an easy 21 yard stroll to endzone, the other.. Lannert just played the ball perfectly.  Course, they did block a punt as well.  I'll agree it was one of the worse games for Linton I've seen.. but I also agree that Mater Dei's defense was the cause of most of the effort.  Even unforced errors can be a result of what the defense is doing!  

image.png.9fd8e2d4a75f10ea120762399360dc36.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthKnox94 said:

even the tipped ball...looks like they were covered well...and may have been intercepted anyway...

image.thumb.png.39d9d599a8b07e50c05cc10a0e2a9c05.png

Foolish comments like this are why I so rarely post these days as surely someone will get their panties in a wad over what I am about to post and decide to flame me for it.  Well, flame on…

The argument that LS “shot itself in the foot” is both short-sighted of what actually occurred on the field last wk & highly dismissive of the effort put in by the MD defense, IMO.   Pressuring the other team into making mistakes is the entire basis of winning football & competitive sports, in general.  To begin with, “the tipped pass” was the result of a great play by an MD D Lineman who beat the blocker (the first of many times!) and the LB being focused enough to see the ball in the air and make a play.  The many fumbles were certainly influenced by, if not directly caused, by the fact that the MD Defense was in the LS backfield shaking hands with the QB & creating havoc - ALL. NIGHT. LONG.  It becomes demonstrably more difficult to hand the ball off with a D linemen or LB in your face.  Further, when you are being hit/tackled even as the QB attempts to hand you the ball, it is much more difficult to hold onto it.

LS was a fine team that unfortunately did not have its best game against another fine team.  I doubt we would have the same or similar result if the game were played 20 times.  However, to completely dismiss MD’s role in why & how LS “shot itself in the foot” is further proof that denial is not just river in Egypt…  Mi dos centavos.

Edited by MDAlum82
remove images
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Foolish comments like this are why I so rarely post these days as surely someone will get their panties in a wad over what I am about to post and decide to flame me for it.  Well, flame on…

The argument that LS “shot itself in the foot” is both short-sighted of what actually occurred on the field last wk & highly dismissive of the effort put in by the MD defense, IMO.   Pressuring the other team into making mistakes is the entire basis of winning football & competitive sports, in general.  To begin with, “the tipped pass” was the result of a great play by an MD D Lineman who beat the blocker (the first of many times!) and the LB being focused enough to see the ball in the air and make a play.  The many fumbles were certainly influenced by, if not directly caused, by the fact that the MD Defense was in the LS backfield shaking hands with the QB & creating havoc - ALL. NIGHT. LONG.  It becomes demonstrably more difficult to hand the ball off with a D linemen or LB in your face.  Further, when you are being hit/tackled even as the QB attempts to hand you the ball, it is much more difficult to hold onto it.

LS was a fine team that unfortunately did not have its best game against another fine team.  I doubt we would have the same or similar result if the game were played 20 times.  However, to completely dismiss MD’s role in why & how LS “shot itself in the foot” is further proof that denial is not just river in Egypt…  Mi dos centavos.

agreed 100%, MAter Dei had the D dialed in to what we were doing from the get go.  The high snaps were certainly caused by the pressure the D line created... and they were indeed in our backfield quick... disrupting the play before it started.  Rarely did Goodman have time to sit back and read the coverage either...  Our Offense was totally contained.  A couple plays here or there....and catch ruled complete here or there might have at least helped confidence... but just a great job by the Wildcats...Knight at LB, Davidson at DE, Ralph at DT,  Lannert at S , Kappernock covering Robertson...in particular.

• Like 1

I watched most of the first 3 qtrs. of the Linton/MD game online, IMO Lintons Offense is normally run very quick and crisp (I enjoy watching it.) MD was getting push and penetration which caused timing issues in Lintons offense. I also noticed the week before against North Posey that Linton was occasionally fielding high snaps. NP wasn't able to apply enough pressure, to either the center or the backfield, to cause problems. Linton had issues upfront against MD and that attributed somewhat to the turnover problem Linton had last Friday IMO.

I haven't watched enough of NK to know if they can keep MD from getting a big push or immediate penetration. If NK can run the ball consistently against MD and put up points they would be accomplishing a feat that the defending 4A state runner-up could not do. 

Offensively MD has been slowed by 5A Castle(zero points,) 4A #6/7 Evansville Central (ten points,) and 4A #3 Evansville Memorial (three points.) So it has been done this year....

I would love to see NK get the upset, good luck to both teams tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDAlum82 said:

Funny...no one was dismissing the fact that MD played well...geez...talk about having panties in wad...

6 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

Funny...no one was dismissing the fact that MD played well...geez...talk about having panties in wad...I was just stating they seemed to be more mental errors then the fact that MD was actually causing them...didn't mean any disrespect there...

Edited by NorthKnox94

Funny...no one was dismissing the fact that MD played well...geez...talk about having panties in wad...I was just stating they seemed to be more mental errors then the fact that MD was actually causing them...didn't mean any disrespect there...

Actually, chalking the errors up as being “mental” i.e. “unforced errors”, is completely dismissing the fact that MD played well.  That was the entire basis of my post.  Such comments ignore the not insignificant role MDs’ defensive pressure played in forcing those errors.  That, in and of itself, was the dis-respectful part of your statement(s). 

14 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Actually, chalking the errors up as being “mental” i.e. “unforced errors”, is completely dismissing the fact that MD played well.  That was the entire basis of my post.  Such comments ignore the not insignificant role MDs’ defensive pressure played in forcing those errors.  That, in and of itself, was the dis-respectful part of your statement(s). 

You need to go back on page one of this topic and read my post and what I said about MD's defense.  For you to call someone out for being disrespectful doesn't say much for you.  It sounds like YOU are the one with their panties in a bunch.  I've heard of sore losers but never a "sore winner".  I have been complimentary of MD's team and especially their defense in all of the tournament topics.   In spite of your claims, I still feel there were unforced errors that Linton made.  Too bad you think that was dismissing your team's abilities.  And by the way skippy, I picked Mater Dei to win it all BEFORE the tournament even started.  I see the arrogance is still flowing on the GID.  Peace out.

10 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

You need to go back on page one of this topic and read my post and what I said about MD's defense.  For you to call someone out for being disrespectful doesn't say much for you.  It sounds like YOU are the one with their panties in a bunch.  I've heard of sore losers but never a "sore winner".  I have been complimentary of MD's team and especially their defense in all of the tournament topics.   In spite of your claims, I still feel there were unforced errors that Linton made.  Too bad you think that was dismissing your tam's abilities.  And by the way skippy, I picked Mater Dei to win it all BEFORE the tournament even started.  I see the arrogance is still flowing on the GID.  Peace out.

Funny how being such a “sore winner” I didn’t bother posting until about the 4th or 5th time  (just in the last few hours) someone prattled on about LS “mental errors” costing them the game, or LS shooting themselves in the foot, et al.  The game was a week ago.  LET. IT. GO.…shm.  

In closing, Mr. Amazing Kreskin, please explain for the reading audience how you “mentally allocate” physical activities such as a fumble, a bad snap, or a thrown interception as  “mental mistakes”….

Skippy will wait…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Funny how being such a “sore winner” I didn’t bother posting until about the 4th or 5th time  (just in the last few hours) someone prattled on about LS “mental errors” costing them the game, or LS shooting themselves in the foot, et al.  The game was a week ago.  LET. IT. GO.…shm.  

In closing, Mr. Amazing Kreskin, please explain for the reading audience how you “mentally allocate” physical activities such as a fumble, a bad snap, or a thrown interception as  “mental mistakes”….

Skippy will wait…

The wait is over skippy.  Here's the real deal:  Linton has made those same mistakes in earlier games against defenses far below the capabilities of Mater Dei.  The same thing popped up again at the worst time last week.  We who follow the Miners have seen it before: mental errors and miscues.  When the Miners did hang on to the ball, granted they still didn't get much out of it.  I likened Mater Dei's defense NOW, THIS YEAR, to the defense of LCC's in 2015.  (I doubt you went back on page one and read my post.)  IMO LCC's 2015 defense was about the best high school defense I've seen personally here in Indiana in my 25 years of living here.  I said in my post that Mater Dei's defense was second only to that one.  How is that dismissing your team?  Apparently, you have issues that probably should be addressed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

The wait is over skippy.  Here's the real deal:  Linton has made those same mistakes in earlier games against defenses far below the capabilities of Mater Dei.  The same thing popped up again at the worst time last week.  We who follow the Miners have seen it before: mental errors and miscues.  When the Miners did hang on to the ball, granted they still didn't get much out of it.  I likened Mater Dei's defense NOW, THIS YEAR, to the defense of LCC's in 2015.  (I doubt you went back on page one and read my post.)  IMO LCC's 2015 defense was about the best high school defense I've seen personally here in Indiana in my 25 years of living here.  I said in my post that Mater Dei's defense was second only to that one.  How is that dismissing your team?  Apparently, you have issues that probably should be addressed. 

What a mean thing to say to someone you don't know. Jeez.

2 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

No I didn't go back and "read your post on page one", I was not replying to that post.  I was replying to the 3-4-5 posts from earlier today.  This was not a research project, at least not on my part.  I do find in interesting, however, to see how when people cannot articulate a cogent response, they resort to name calling (skippy) and insults (Apparently, you have issues that probably should be addressed).  Suffice to say we all have issues to address of one sort or another.  For example, I need to get ready for what will be a very cold football game tonight and you need to hand out basketball unis.  (Apologies to the more reasonable Miner fans out there.  I hate it as much as the next fan with football season ends…) 

Peace, out