Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HUDL Sideline vs Heaters

Team A is the host school versus Team B. 

Team A uses HUDL sideline, but Team B does not.

Team A has zero sideline heaters, but Team B puts two at both 30 yard lines.

Is team A required to offer HUDL sideline to team B simply because they are the host school?  And does Team B need to offer the host school sideline heaters as well?  

If the host teams were switched, do the answers change?

I guess my real question is if an athletic department purchases a specific piece of equipment, technology, etc....are they under some ethical obligation to offer the same service to an opposing school simply because of it being tournament time or is this something that is an issue during the regular season?

If heaters all of a sudden become an issue because some schools have them....couldn't it also be an issue if certain schools have 8 man headsets versus the other school having 6 man headsets and can't switch between O/D?  Or is something as small as providing ice to opposing teams equal to providing sideline heaters during these cold weather games?

Scenario 1:  Team A has a Hi-Pod X31 endzone camera and Team B has no endzone camera. Team A is required to share their endzone film with Team B.

Scenario 2:  Team A has a Hi-Pod X31 endzone camera and Team B has a Sideline Power 20 foot Hi-Def endzone camera. Team A is not required to share their endzone film with Team B.

2 years ago we hosted a regional game. We were told (from the top) that if we had a sideline heater that we had to provide one for the other team to keep the site "neutral". Now, supposedly PA announcers are also not supposed to show bias, and home field advantage isn't supposed to be a thing. We all know the powers that be don't care to enforce any of these things makes one wonder why these rules exist. 

What if the heater was purchased by the football program?  Our kicker has a kicking net.  It is an net we have purchased by the program.  Does both teams need to be provided a kicking net?  To me, this is a classic case of the IHSAA over regulating crap that cannot be regulated.  

I think Bobref is partially right.  Regular season all those answers are no.  If you move into tournament play, I would say the heater is a no go unless you provide it on both sidelines.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Scenario 1:  Team A has a Hi-Pod X31 endzone camera and Team B has no endzone camera. Team A is required to share their endzone film with Team B.

Scenario 2:  Team A has a Hi-Pod X31 endzone camera and Team B has a Sideline Power 20 foot Hi-Def endzone camera. Team A is not required to share their endzone film with Team B.

Scenario 3:  The admins ban any more posts about end zone cameras on penalty of expulsion from the GID.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

There have been so many. Where do I begin ... 😥😰

I'm here for you Bob any time you need to talk. There are so many things we could discuss. We could talk about the weather or officiating mechanics. We could discuss why the Hi-Pod X31 is the best endzone camera for performance and value. We could even just talk about how our day went. Just let me know Sir.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I'm here for you Bob any time you need to talk. There are so many things we could discuss. We could talk about the weather or officiating mechanics. We could discuss why the Hi-Pod X31 is the best endzone camera for performance and value. We could even just talk about how our day went. Just let me know Sir.

You’re unwell.

• Like 1