Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC basketball preseason chatter

franktonite

Who are the front-runners for the CIC this year?  I'm guessing Blackford, Alexandria and Ole Miss will finish in the top 3.  Frankton will more than likely have a down year with only 1 senior starter returning from their regional winning team.  Most of the Juniors and Sophomores on the Eagles have been playing JV minutes the last 2 years and will need to step-up their games for the Eagles to finish above 500.

Has Oak Hill recruited anymore "home-schooled" kids from Marion?  Will Elwood still be terrible?  Does MG have enough depth?  Blackford should be really good and I've heard they've recruited help from Luke Brown's AAU team?  Mississinewa had some talent move-in too?  Alexandria should be better than last year and they're my early favorite to win the CIC, and unfortunately, the Tigers will be hosting sectional 40 now with the class restructuring.  Good luck to all of the sectional 40 teams trying to beat Alex at home in the post-season, might as well just give Alex a 10 point lead to start the game, they always have the best home-court advantage.

• 2 weeks later...

The CIC will be really interesting this year. I see a lot of parity compared to years past. I think it will be between Alexandria and Mississinewa for the top spot. Three through five or six could be really close with all of them being capable of beating anyone in the conference. 

1. Mississinewa- returns 3 three double figure scorers in Horton, McClung and Swanner.

2. Alexandria- Returns most of its core from last year. They won't be deep and the bench might be thin, but the kids they have are winners. Morehead, Vernetti, Williams, Metz and Stewart will be a tough starting unit. 

3. Madison-Grant- With a loaded Junior class, is this the year they really break through? Not sure if they're better than Blackford or not. Will probably have more depth but I guess we will see.

4. Blackford- How will the supporting cast support Brown and Stroble? Will be a fun team to watch for sure! Heard transfer wasn't eligible for kid from Jay County.

5. Frankton- Debated with them at five or six. Lost a ton, Return Bates and Brobston. Had a solid JV. Are used to winning and I believe they'll be better than people think.

6. Oak Hill- They will have a nice club without a ton of proven scoring. The had a real strong JV team that should be able to help.

7. Eastbrook- I really believe Eastbrook will give some of these CIC teams a tussle this year. Coach Allison has things headed in the right direction, but will get off to a slow start with the football success. I think they will get quite a few more wins this year and be even more competitive.

8. Elwood- They lost basically everyone from last year. They have a really nice freshman in Chance Martin, who I believe was the quarterback on the football team this year. I believe he will lead them in scoring.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess Mississnewa set the tone with their victory over Marion.

im hoping Eastbrook wins sta te in Football. I'm a CIC fan as well as a Blackford fan.. We take a lot of grief about our schedule so I'm hoping the CIC is strong. They looked good in scrimmage vs. Union City's and in game vs. Bloomington Lighthouse.. Bluffton will be a more realistic test of how we might fare in the conference.. That game is Saturday.

Hopefully the conference will be a lot more evenly matched than in football. Let's keep the chatte r going and good luck to all CIC Teams.

Got to believe the 3 top teams in the CIC this year are Mississinewa, Blackford and Alexandria.  A little surprised the Indians and Tigers took a loss this week.

Frankton has my vote for tops in the 4-7 spot.  They find a way to win.  Could be 3-0 with a tough loss to Lapel last Saturday.  But again any given night.

Elwood will struggle again.  Hope to see improvement in them  

Good luck to all and lets have a competitive season.

On 12/5/2019 at 9:48 AM, Giantbeareagle80 said:

Got to believe the 3 top teams in the CIC this year are Mississinewa, Blackford and Alexandria.  A little surprised the Indians and Tigers took a loss this week.

Frankton has my vote for tops in the 4-7 spot.  They find a way to win.  Could be 3-0 with a tough loss to Lapel last Saturday.  But again any given night.

Elwood will struggle again.  Hope to see improvement in them  

Good luck to all and lets have a competitive season.

I know it's early in the season and Shenandoah is very good but WOW!!!!!!  The Raiders won by nearly 30 over Alexandria in the Jungle!!!!!!

Even though the Frankton Eagles are 2-2 I'm very impressed with Bobston's coaching and his son's talent/effort so far.  The 2 losses were at home to Lapel and Tipton and the games came down to final shots at the buzzer.  I don't know if they're good enough to win the CIC or sectional this year but it's a team full of juniors that are playing their first substantial amount of varsity basketball and I'm surprised at their ability.

Ole Miss over Marion is a huge W for that school (again : ), Blackford has beaten several junk teams badly, Elwood is a dumpster fire it appears, MG and OH look to be competitive, Eastbrook is still recovering from football season and is an unknown at this point.  

This is shaping up to be the most wide open CIC basketball season I can remember.  I see the potential for a co-champ situation and possibly a 3 way tie at the top when it's all over.  Whoever wins the Blackford @ Alex game this weekend will have a huge step towards winning the CIC.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Looks like the Eastbrook program is a mess.  Only 1 win last season and players quitting during the season.  Many of the same kids that win on the football field and they can't even be remotely competitive on the basketball court?  Unfortunate.