Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 30 Championship Vincennes @ Princeton

Vincennes Lincoln at Princeton. 

Vincennes won the first meeting 34-10 on October 18th. 

Prediction. VL 28-14

This would be VL first sectional title since Hidde's final season at the helm during the 06 season. 

Who you got?

Edited by D3dream

2 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Neither team would have made it out if the first round in Sectional 32. Sectional 30 weekest sectional in 3a maybe in any ckass

Regardless of how you feel about any team not named Reitz or Gibson Southern these two have earned a chance to win a sectional championship.  Hope it’s a great game and good luck to both. 

so for the record...it’s your opinion that Memorial, Princeton, and VL are all lucky their not in 32? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Neither team would have made it out if the first round in Sectional 32. Sectional 30 weekest sectional in 3a maybe in any ckass

What time does Reitz play tonight? Just messin with ya! HAHAHA!!! Why are you bashing these two schools? How do you know that neither team would have made it out of sectional 32? Upsets do happen you know. Princeton was supposed to get smoked by Edgewood. The exact opposite happened and congrats to Princeton for advancing. Neither team can control where the wonderful IHSAA puts them in sectionals or whom they play in that sectional. I believe this game will be closer than people are thinking and would not surprise me at all if the Tigers pull an upset again for the second week in a row! With that said, I'll take VL 17 Princeton 8. Cold damp weather will keep this one a low scoring affair. Good luck to all teams tonight and hopefully all will remain healthy and play well. 

3 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Unless Lincoln drew Bosse (sectional 32 sleeper) who they already beat by 3 scores.

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

Regardless of how you feel about any team not named Reitz or Gibson Southern these two have earned a chance to win a sectional championship.  Hope it’s a great game and good luck to both. 

so for the record...it’s your opinion that Memorial, Princeton, and VL are all lucky their not in 32? 

Isn’t Memorial a 4A team?  You just can’t stay away from the 3A stuff can ya?  At least try to hide the fact of how much you want to go back.  So you coaching 7th or 8th grade basketball this post season?  

• Sad 1

This is why I chose not to start a thread for this game. Little to no discussion about the actual game. 

Lots of what you see above. Thanks to all who have pointed out the obvious. Lincoln is just making the most of the opportunity they’ve been given up to this point

Good luck to the men in green tonight!

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 2

I will quickly comment and leave. It was pointed out to me that EM is 4A and I need to stay out of 3A discussions. 

Good luck to the young men who have put in the work. Anytime you’re  playing week 12 it’s a special season. 

• Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

10 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Don't try and take away from these teams. And yes Vincennes was very capable of winning a first round game in 32 like they had done for years prior many times. Who did Reitz play tonight?

Edited by D3dream
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, D3dream said:

34-21  Vincennes 

Down at half. Very late scores by both teams in the 4th.  

Congrats to the Green! Sectional Champs!

Give credit to Princeton. They came out with a great game plan to keep the Lincoln passing game in check (Vickers went for 100 yds, 1 TD 1 int), and the Alices did nothing to help themselves in the 1st half with 2 turnovers and untimely penalties. Meanwhile, the Tigers were the more disciplined team and seemed to have more focus. They took a 10-6 lead into the break. Worst half of football all year for the Alices..right there with the MV game. 

Lincoln finally got things together and unleashed Rae Haislip on the ground. He carried for 229 in this one, most of it in the 2nd half. He finally looks healthy after battling an ankle all season. And really the Alices just put their foot on the Tigers’ throat and were all but dominant to close out the game. 

So Congratulations to Coach Salters and staff! First sectional title since 2006 for the program! 

Excited to have regional football at Inman Field! It’s been too long!

• Like 2