Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The long awaited New Pal vs Cathedral matchup

3 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

A few others as well including last night.  1st half 291 yards on 20 plays. 3 plays totaled 236 of those so 17 plays for 55 yards.  They're a big play offense.   And a very good one.  

i dont understand how you are saying this. So big played touchdowns should not be credited? It should not matter how you get your yards as long as you are getting them

2 minutes ago, blueandgold2389 said:

i dont understand how you are saying this. So big played touchdowns should not be credited? It should not matter how you get your yards as long as you are getting them

My point is that the way to beat them is make them try to have long sustained drives.  That's where they seem to be less effective.  They're a great team no doubt.   Just like the way to beat New Pal is to make them throw it a bunch.  Not saying either one is easy or guaranteed to be successful.   But you look to force teams to do what they're less comfortable doing.  It's not an insult.  Not sure why all the Irish fans are so sensitive???  Starting to sound like Warren Central fans. "How dare anyone say we aren't perfect "

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, INHSFootball said:

I went to this game last night. Cathedral is 100% the team to beat. Their defense is the best in the state by far. Their offense is top notch as well. I could see cathedral running away with this by 21 points or more

One hundred percent? If you look at Cathedral's games against Brebeuf, Chatard, and Center Grove, isn't safe to say New Pal has a chance? They had one common opponent and New Pal beat them by a wider margin than Cathedral did. Sagarin has this as a 50/50 game. I'm going with New Pal at home.

Have you seen Dwenger play? They have a pretty good defense. Saying Cathedral's is the best by far is a pretty bold statement.  

Edited by BTF
Additional wording

Just now, BTF said:

One hundred percent? If you look at Cathedral's games against Brebeuf, Chatard, and Center Grove, isn't safe to say New Pal has a chance? They had one common opponent and New Pal beat them by a wider margin than Cathedral did. Sagarin has this as a 50/50 game. I'm going with New Pal at home. 

That is fine. ill take Cathedral -14 away. GL

I have to admit I will not be making the trip down to West Lafayette to watch the Saints. 

I will be watching sitting on my couch with the big screen, but I will have a laptop on watching this game.

I will have to give the edge to Cathedral on this one. With their two losses coming from the #3 and #4 teams in Ohio taking the #3 to overtime, they are truly battle tested!.

GO IRISH! 

I hate when folks play the disrespect card but find it fascinating that some folks still have the ability to doubt a program that is 74-4 since it’s current head coach took over.

Cathedral may win but to 100% guarantee they are the better team and predict a three possession margin of victory is laughable .

12 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I hate when folks play the disrespect card but find it fascinating that some folks still have the ability to doubt a program that is 74-4 since it’s current head coach took over.

Cathedral may win but to 100% guarantee they are the better team and predict a three possession margin of victory is laughable .

Actually 84-4, how dare you disrespect Coach Ralph's record. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  but I agree 100%. And the Irish may very well win, but I think the only surprise would be if it is a blowout either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueandgold2389 said:

still moved the ball enough to beat you guys....

You said that no one stopped Cathedral’s offense all year, and I gave you an example of a team that limited the offense’s ability to drive the ball. That wasn’t me saying that Cathedral didn’t win...

• Like 1

I picked New Pal,  Ill probably be one of th 36 on the home side at Warren though. Carson Steele being back on the run at CG makes it a more interesting game.

We will never know if New Pal and Cathedral are the best 2 teams in the state regardless of class, cause they play in 5A.,  and thats where they should be,  I would argue they are the best 2 teams in 5A.

But you are only giving your opinion on if they are the best in the state regardless of class. A 6A team that lost in the 1st round of the playoffs would probably trash them both TBH, and probably trash WC/CG on most night.  J/S  I dont think I need to name any names either.

Here is to a great game between NP and Cathedral.

• Confused 1
  • Disdain 2

1 hour ago, WCGrad92 said:

I picked New Pal,  Ill probably be one of th 36 on the home side at Warren though. Carson Steele being back on the run at CG makes it a more interesting game.

We will never know if New Pal and Cathedral are the best 2 teams in the state regardless of class, cause they play in 5A.,  and thats where they should be,  I would argue they are the best 2 teams in 5A.

But you are only giving your opinion on if they are the best in the state regardless of class. A 6A team that lost in the 1st round of the playoffs would probably trash them both TBH, and probably trash WC/CG on most night.  J/S  I dont think I need to name any names either.

Cathedral demolished Trinity, and New Pal handled Center Grove. But any 6A team would trash them in the first round of sectionals? That makes sense

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WCGrad92 said:

A 6A team that lost in the 1st round of the playoffs would probably trash them both TBH

I know a 6A school playing for a regional championship that lost to both teams during the regular season. 

Hint: It's the team your boys are playing next Friday.

Edited by Frozen Tundra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WCGrad92 said:

Trash huh?

2 hours ago, WCGrad92 said:

LOLOLOL’z 

9 hours ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Center Grove week 9. Cathedral had two 50+ yard touchdowns, but otherwise was pretty much shut down the rest of the game

146 penalty yards will help shut down a team.  The Irish moved the ball but were penalized a lot.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:03 PM, dmizers3 said:

No one is looking down on Warren.  There are 2 inarguable facts, 1) Warren has a great program,  arguably the best in the state  2) fan support at games is embarrassingly bad 

I don't pretend to know why, but the stands are at best half full, usually significantly less

I was at the CG Warren game at the beginning of the season and both sides were at least 75% full

19 hours ago, cg_holmeaid said:

You said that no one stopped Cathedral’s offense all year, and I gave you an example of a team that limited the offense’s ability to drive the ball. That wasn’t me saying that Cathedral didn’t win...

I’d say Cathedral stopped themselves more so than Center Grove stopped them. 100+ penalty yards and 2 dropped TD’s and game probably isn’t as close as the score indicates. Either way, I’d put Cathedral’s offense up against any teams in the state.

21 hours ago, blueandgold2389 said:

who struggles to move the ball? What defense has Cathedral struggled to move the ball on ?

I’d say Chatard gave them a handful. That game came down to a couple big plays made by Cathedral.