Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The long awaited New Pal vs Cathedral matchup

8 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

It's still sprawl, and the main reason for the growth is effectively an accident of geography.  What if the founders of New Palestine had initially platted the town 25 miles further east?  What if the planners of the U.S. Highway system had routed U.S. 52 ten miles south of the town?

What if C-A-T really spelled dog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What if the planners of the U.S. Highway system had routed U.S. 52 ten miles south of the town?

Then there'd be another urban sprawl ten miles south of New Pal???? What's your point. 

Not really an earth shattering discovery, but most cities and their surrounding corporations are easily accessible by land or water. For obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

It's still sprawl, and the main reason for the growth is effectively an accident of geography.  What if the founders of New Palestine had initially platted the town 25 miles further east?  What if the planners of the U.S. Highway system had routed U.S. 52 ten miles south of the town?

What in the hell are you talking about and why?  

Damn this game can’t get here soon enough...

46 minutes ago, Temptation said:

What in the hell are you talking about and why?  

Damn this game can’t get here soon enough...

29 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

Amen

21 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

I feel like 8 of the 10 pages have been talking about geography more than football. And if you do the math that’s “at least 75%” of the thread.

Exactly that is what Muda does best. A game thread and he goes COMPLETELY off topic. Been doing it for years. Don’t quite get why someone who is so against the sport of football spends so much time on a football board. He adds nothing to this great sport. My personal opinion.

@dmizers3 at least you got my revenge if the nerds 2 quote! 😂

Edited by FastpacedO
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I just look for these outlandish comments and make people out there money where there mouth is. 
Like the Roncalli guy that said Cathedral was going to beat Columbus East by 21 and East won by 30 in 2017 😂😂

that game was a fluke. star running back and star lineman was out. 1st time ever they beat cathedral. 

• Disdain 1

6 minutes ago, INHSFootball said:

that game was a fluke. star running back and star lineman was out. 1st time ever they beat cathedral. 

Stop it. You don't win 42-13 by accident.  That was an outstanding East team.  I don't give a RIP who was "out". 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, INHSFootball said:

Wah wah wah, Stepp played... Lineman got hurt in the 1st. Not my problem Cathedral couldn’t hold onto the ball. Slice it anyway you want it, 30 point win for CE chump 

2 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

Stop it. You don't win 42-13 by accident.  That was an outstanding East team.  I don't give a RIP who was "out". 

Don’t mind that guy, just a typical loser. They don’t have guys like that up here in Carmel 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

6 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

You know, that's a great question. I think those Cathedral teams from 10-15 had much better individual talent, but this team as a whole just seems to be bigger, faster, stronger, deeper, and a very good cohesive group. This years group has D1 talent, but you won't find a Ted Karras or Terry McLaurin who start now in the NFL or any P5 caliber talent, but they play extremely well as a group. Cathedral's best playmaker has been out since the Brebeuf game and isn't coming back, but they've still moved the ball extremely well even with his absence.

A little early to be guessing the next Karras or McLaurin (the Jerry Rice story comes to mind) but Cathedral does have solid D1 talent.  Didn't I see they have 6 All City players? Tex Elliott and Shiloh Means are All State, NIKE Opening picks. Looks like they both have tons of offers...probably the most recruited offense and defense players. Hopefully some new kids will get exposure with this playoff run. 

4 minutes ago, NorthIndysports said:

.........but Cathedral does have solid D1 talent.  Didn't I see they have 6 All City players? Tex Elliott and Shiloh Means are All State, NIKE Opening picks. Looks like they both have tons of offers...probably the most recruited offense and defense players. Hopefully some new kids will get exposure with this playoff run. 

“Doing more with less”.....

Sorry....done here.....just couldn’t contain it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NorthIndysports said:

A little early to be guessing the next Karras or McLaurin (the Jerry Rice story comes to mind) but Cathedral does have solid D1 talent.  Didn't I see they have 6 All City players? Tex Elliott and Shiloh Means are All State, NIKE Opening picks. Looks like they both have tons of offers...probably the most recruited offense and defense players. Hopefully some new kids will get exposure with this playoff run. 

The prestigious “All-City” lol.

Edited by Guest

29 minutes ago, Temptation said:

The prestigious “All-City” lol.

I didn't use the word "prestigious".....you did....but I would think any form of recognition would valued for your efforts.  I wonder if kids read what bunch of crotchety asshats you are here about accomplishments. unbiased - LOL

3 minutes ago, NorthIndysports said:

I didn't use the word "prestigious".....you did....but I would think any form of recognition would valued for your efforts.  I wonder if kids read what bunch of crotchety asshats you are here about accomplishments. unbiased - LOL

YOU dropped “All City” and “D1” in the same paragraph.  Not me.

6 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

We prefer "growing suburban community." Thousands of people making the conscious choice to live in a quiet, tight-knit community with good schools and a good way of life is not something to be panned because they didn't make the choice you'd make. 

Good schools?  I know plenty that left the community because of the schools.  Who doesn’t want to live outside of Warren Township on the east side of Indianapolis🤣. Who doesn’t want to go shopping or to a restaurant on East Washington st?Sounds like affordable housing to me. I became a critic when I noticed Multiple comments  on social media making reference to God creating football and NP being the reason. How arrogant!   New Pal wants to compare itself to Carmel, Greenwood, and Avon and that is hilarious.  The east-side is The arm pit of Indianapolis and if you live outside of the highest crime area in Indianapolis the only way is up.  Quiet? Have you checked the police records in your local paper lately?  I understand having pride in your program and community, but the majority on the east side need to come down to reality

• Like 1
  • Disdain 4

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Wah wah wah, Stepp played... Lineman got hurt in the 1st. Not my problem Cathedral couldn’t hold onto the ball. Slice it anyway you want it, 30 point win for CE chump 

Don’t mind that guy, just a typical loser. They don’t have guys like that up here in Carmel 🙂 

Attack the post, not the poster. Are we not better than name calling? Christ