Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The long awaited New Pal vs Cathedral matchup

5 hours ago, JHgwood said:

Good schools?  I know plenty that left the community because of the schools.  Who doesn’t want to live outside of Warren Township on the east side of Indianapolis🤣. Who doesn’t want to go shopping or to a restaurant on East Washington st?Sounds like affordable housing to me. I became a critic when I noticed Multiple comments  on social media making reference to God creating football and NP being the reason. How arrogant!   New Pal wants to compare itself to Carmel, Greenwood, and Avon and that is hilarious.  The east-side is The arm pit of Indianapolis and if you live outside of the highest crime area in Indianapolis the only way is up.  Quiet? Have you checked the police records in your local paper lately?  I understand having pride in your program and community, but the majority on the east side need to come down to reality

Lumping in New Pal with the east side of Indianapolis is a stretch.  Those folks have a 20-25 minute drive to Lawrence, Castleton or Greenwood and don’t identify with Marion County nor care about the “crime statistics.”

This has turned into a clown show.  Can 7pm on Friday just get here already?

The town of New Palestine is not due east of Indy/Warren Twp.  It is due east of Beech Grove/Franklin Twp.  It's on Brookville Road, which runs southeast from Indy (towards Brookville, duh).

Sugar Creek Township's northern border is basically US 40, which puts the majority of the twp closer to Franklin Twp than Warren.

It's southern border is Thompson Road, which in Indy runs south of I-465.  

NP is a suburb by definition, but still has that small town feel.

10 hours ago, INHSFootball said:

that game was a fluke. star running back and star lineman was out. 1st time ever they beat cathedral. 

That game was NOT a fluke. Yes 2 Offensive lineman went out early and yes the RB was not 100%, but even if they would not have gone out it still wouldn't have mattered. The game was riddled with 5 turnovers by the Irish and they were forced into many mistakes  throughout by a stout Columbus East defense. Columbus East played more physical and faster, Cathedral's defense ran into a buzz-saw, I think Major and Hogan are still running for TD's. Definitely was not a fluke and Columbus East without a doubt was the better team on the field.

7 hours ago, indycoach10 said:

Yeah all Catholic trolls seem to be about the same, but this one seems extra special. Maybe Rodney created a new account.

I wouldn't call them a Catholic troll. A troll yes. There seems to be a few on this thread constantly trying to stir stuff up

28 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

He’s not a Cathedral fan by the looks of it. Bio says Center Grove

Darn Trojans! Can't you control your peeps!! lol 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

That game was NOT a fluke. Yes 2 Offensive lineman went out early and yes the RB was not 100%, but even if they would not have gone out it still wouldn't have mattered. The game was riddled with 5 turnovers by the Irish and they were forced into many mistakes  throughout by a stout Columbus East defense. Columbus East played more physical and faster, Cathedral's defense ran into a buzz-saw, I think Major and Hogan are still running for TD's. Definitely was not a fluke and Columbus East without a doubt was the better team on the field.

I wouldn't call them a Catholic troll. A troll yes. There seems to be a few on this thread constantly trying to stir stuff up

Darn Trojans! Can't you control your peeps!! lol 

What’s a good thread without stuff other than football? 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cg_holmeaid said:

He’s not a Cathedral fan by the looks of it. Bio says Center Grove

So this dude is either a troll disguised as a CG fan or an actual CG fan who is pissed about the results of the last two regular season contests against New Pal.

Expect this to become commonplace next week should Cathedral win tomorrow night.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

So this dude is either a troll disguised as a CG fan or an actual CG fan who is pissed about the results of the last two regular season contests against New Pal.

Expect this to become commonplace next week should Cathedral win tomorrow night.

100% agree. Either way it’s a fan that is not too happy about something

Edited by cg_holmeaid

12 hours ago, NorthIndysports said:

A little early to be guessing the next Karras or McLaurin (the Jerry Rice story comes to mind) but Cathedral does have solid D1 talent.  Didn't I see they have 6 All City players? Tex Elliott and Shiloh Means are All State, NIKE Opening picks. Looks like they both have tons of offers...probably the most recruited offense and defense players. Hopefully some new kids will get exposure with this playoff run. 

D1 talent for sure, and I said that. Just don't think they have any P5 talent like they've had in years past. There's no Ekiyor (Alabama), Stepp (USC), McLaurin (Ohio State), Bortenschlager (Maryland), Werner (Ohio State), Karras (Illinois), etc etc.

Great team this year for sure, better than any of the teams during their 5peat. Just not sure they have the top end individual talent like some of those teams had. That's not a slight by any means.

15 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Exactly that is what Muda does best. A game thread and he goes COMPLETELY off topic. Been doing it for years. Don’t quite get why someone who is so against the sport of football spends so much time on a football board. He adds nothing to this great sport. My personal opinion.

I am not against the game of football.  Nice try.  

Just trying to understand why individuals choose to live in or around urban sprawl.  My spouse and I lived in such sprawl for over eight years during the 1990's.  We both hated it, couldn't wait to get back to a traditional small town or rural area. 

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Just trying to understand why individuals choose to live in or around urban sprawl.  My spouse and I lived in such sprawl for over eight years during the 1990's.  We both hated it, couldn't wait to get back to a traditional small town or rural area. 

Fantastic news

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

"You may have beaten us but afterwards you had to go home to your four-walled urban teepe, whereas we traveled back to our country dwelling."

34 hours until kickoff...thank GOD.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Now that we know Muda's living preferences (I know he was dying to let us know), does anyone have any score predictions?

Cathedral 45, New Palestine 32.

BTW, whoever designed and/or approved New Palestine's recent extravagant uniforms need to be fired.  Having the words 'Dragons' on both the jersey and the pants is redundant and dumb.  Cathedral's now, they look pretty classy:

280fcda5-c31e-43f9-8d57-33fc4017a089-new

• Disdain 1

4 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

BTW, whoever designed and/or approved New Palestine's recent extravagant uniforms need to be fired.  Having the words 'Dragons' on both the jersey and the pants is redundant and dumb.  Cathedral's now, they look pretty classy:

Could you maybe just not comment for the duration of this thread? For all of us.

Your intentions are clear.

• Disdain 1

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Could you maybe just not comment for the duration of this thread? For all of us.

Your intentions are clear.

If you don't care to read my comments then either put me on ignore or report me to the GID administration.  Your call.

I just posted my opinion regarding the score of tomorrow's highly awaited regional contest, and a short uniform critique.  What exactly are my intentions?

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

If you don't care to read my comments then either put me on ignore or report me to the GID administration.  Your call.

I just posted my opinion regarding the score of tomorrow's highly awaited regional contest, and a short uniform critique.  What exactly are my intentions?

To turn this thread into anything other than a football discussion.

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Goheeeeeeeeen! Gonna need a monster performance out of him tomorrow! 

What a sweet post, Muuuuuuuda. Thought we’d get something more like Cathedral’s uniforms are so good looking from their private school privilege or something similar. The Irish-ofile you are evolving into is making me blush. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1