Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The long awaited New Pal vs Cathedral matchup

1 minute ago, Donnie Baker said:

Joined last week, probably just a shit-stirrer. I swear to God he is. How many yards did Spiegels have?

Dude is still running for TD’s.. he’s up around 789 on 41 carries right now.. 

Real talk tho, I think he had 250-275ish. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Because it’s completely unnecessary 

Not condoning that particular comment by any means but there’s a lot of unnecessary stuff that has been said in this thread for the past few days...

And had Cathedral won?   This thread may have reached 25 pages of ridiculousness...

Edited by Guest

Just now, Temptation said:

Not condoning that particular comment by any means but there’s a lot of unnecessary stuff that has been said in this thread for the past few days...

None by Cathedral fans that I could see. Save one that amazingly had his first post in this thread. We all know 1906 has been a laughing stock all year. I’m sure he’ll rip something out.

7 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

So much for win with class.

@CaptainHook congrats Maxes played great tonight! I’m sure you are proud as you should be! 

Congrats to the Dragons, tight game early and they only got better as time rolled on!

@CaptainHook that was suppose to say Maxen darn auto correct! At any rate big pick 6! 

2 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

None by Cathedral fans that I could see. Save one that amazingly had his first post in this thread. We all know 1906 has been a laughing stock all year. I’m sure he’ll rip something out.

PHJ, FootballKing, and IrishCathedralDad are all very knowledgeable football fans. But outside of that, some of these posts were utterly ridiculous, and only added fuel to the fire after New Pal started to pull away. A lot of crow to be eaten tonight, and majority weren’t actually Cathedral fans, just some clowns that thought they knew what they were talking about. 
Ole 06 doesn’t back down from any trash talking... 😂

19 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

PHJ, FootballKing, and IrishCathedralDad are all very knowledgeable football fans. But outside of that, some of these posts were utterly ridiculous, and only added fuel to the fire after New Pal started to pull away. A lot of crow to be eaten tonight, and majority weren’t actually Cathedral fans, just some clowns that thought they knew what they were talking about. 
Ole 06 doesn’t back down from any trash talking... 😂

Really outside of 1906 and the one that made their first post in this thread they were all outside of Irish posters whim you named and are very respectful.

Tonights game was very good. Listen to the radio interview by Coach Ralph prior to the game. He said their goal is 3 turnovers by their D each game. He runs a top notch program!

2 hours ago, DragonWizard08 said:

Looks like money can't buy everything, Cathedral

Let me say unequivocally that this person doesn't speak for any of us at NP. Cathedral is a class program with a great fanbase. Tip of the cap to them. Tonight was two good football teams playing a game where the score belied how it was played. Congrats to Cathedral on a great year. That program will be back. Considering the caliber of opponent and the final score, this might be the most impressive win in NP football history. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

Amazing,  Irish going in to go up 17-7, miss a FG and few mistakes later it's a 4 score game

That sequence ... Irish 2nd-and-2 from the 3, get stopped twice then miss a field goal.  

Right after: 35-yard pass to Eric Roudebush on 2nd-and-15, then 50-yard TD run by Charlie Spegal two plays later, 14-10 Dragons
Maxen Hook forces a fumble, Aven Jones recovers on the next play. Spegal +30 (plus a penalty) to the Irish 5 ... in the EZ three plays later, 21-10
Cathedral punt, Charlie Spegal 64-yard run on 3rd-and-6 ... 28-10
Next snap, Hook pick-6 ... 35-10. 

The game completely flipped in about seven and a half minutes of clock time from late 3rd to early 4th quarter. But that's what Kyle Ralph's teams have done - they can overwhelm with quick turnarounds. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Really outside of 1906 and the one that made their first post in this thread they were all outside of Irish posters whim you named and are very respectful.

Tonights game was very good. Listen to the radio interview by Coach Ralph prior to the game. He said their goal is 3 turnovers by their D each game. He runs a top notch program!

Two things he mentioned in pregame interviews - three turnovers a game (he reminded me of that in our postgame conversation tonight, as they got three), and Charlie Spegal's is best when he gets to carry 20+ as he's such a load to bring down, he can wear down a defense. 

Tonight, carries 1-19 for Spegal: 97 yards, 1 TD
Carries 20-30: 188 yards, 3 TD with runs of 50, 31 and 64. 

• Like 1

It was Cathedral controlling the game until midway through the 3rd quarter.  The Irish had the ball on the 10 yard line looking like they were going to add to a 10-7 lead, and then the bottom fell out after not being able to finish off another drive.  It just snowballed from there.  It was a very good season for the Irish that ended in such a sudden fashion that it was head spinning.  Orin Edwards was an outstanding QB who had one bad game and that was tonight.  New Pal had a lot to do with that with their bend but don't break defense.  They got the stops in the red zone.  Actually the Irish may have thrown a few passes too many tonight.  The running game seen to be in gear but it seemed the Irish just went away from it at times.

Spegal is the real deal.  No one for many years has run for over 280 against the Irish.  He seemed invisible at times.  He got outside way too many times and when he did he was gone, or at least got a big hunk of yards.  It will be tough for any team to stop him as he went against a pretty good defense and looked like a true all stater.

Good luck to the Dragons, although I don't think they'll need it as long as they have #32.

17 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Let me say unequivocally that this person doesn't speak for any of us at NP. Cathedral is a class program with a great fanbase. Tip of the cap to them. Tonight was two good football teams playing a game where the score belied how it was played. Congrats to Cathedral on a great year. That program will be back.

Completely agree!