Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The long awaited New Pal vs Cathedral matchup

1 minute ago, Olympian06 said:

$50 for $50. Pot calling the kettle black when referring to someone’s intelligence.. I’m the GID Bookie, you play by my rules. Either accept, or keep on moving peasant. 

Hmmm a bookie not giving realistic odds, hold on to your day job pal.

Apologies to everyone else.

Once he wasn’t about the money I just put him on the ignore list. Back to our regularly scheduled telecast.

Great season by Cathedral. I’m still confused on why they didn’t just run the ball straight up the guy on the 1st and goal from the 3... or even a QB sneak 3 straight times and I bet he would have gotten 3 yards. Cathedral will be back next year and will be competing for a state title again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FWfootball10 said:

Yes I agree New Pal would be a favorite but your Columbus East buddy is saying Valpo or Dwenger would have no chance. Thanks for insulting my IQ btw. 

I'd say the bet is on your IQ.  Define "a chance", as in points.  Then you have a bet.

1 hour ago, FWfootball10 said:

Lol ok troll while you’re at it get off New Pals jock strap 

Yes I agree New Pal would be a favorite but your Columbus East buddy is saying Valpo or Dwenger would have no chance. Thanks for insulting my IQ btw. 

Point of fact I never mentioned your IQ, only my own.

22 minutes ago, indycoach10 said:

Cathedral fans are really showing their @$$ on Twitter right now spreading a completely false rumor about an outstanding young man. Please know that when the entire state hates you, this type of stuff is why. It's inexcusable reprehensible behavior by adults towards a high school kid. 

Yet another reason to dislike Cathedral. Too bad that Dad is unable to teach his children to lose with class because he has no class.

Frankly, #32 wasn't even on the field when that game was decided. Because the game was decided by the Dragons defense who kept the Irish out of the endzone twice inside the 5 (1 made FG, 1 missed FG) & had 3 takeaways in the 2nd half.

New Pal's defense is underrated. They all run & hit like crazy & make big plays. 

3 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I'd say the bet is on your IQ.  Define "a chance", as in points.  Then you have a bet.

Nah tough man Olympian saying BD and Valpo have no chance then he proceeds to attempt to make a straight up bet. I give him new pal 1 to 2.5 odds for a GID donation and he won’t take it. He is contradicting himself. 

5 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Great season by Cathedral. I’m still confused on why they didn’t just run the ball straight up the guy on the 1st and goal from the 3... or even a QB sneak 3 straight times and I bet he would have gotten 3 yards. Cathedral will be back next year and will be competing for a state title again. 

After looking back at that drive with the missed FG, they did run an inside zone/trap play on first down to #30.  Second down was a fake jet sweep with an outside zone to the backside.  And third down was fake jet sweep with QB keep up the middle/inside the tackle.  Same play they had scored on in the first half.

Edited by CaptainHook

3 hours ago, slice60 said:

Yet another reason to dislike Cathedral. Too bad that Dad is unable to teach his children to lose with class because he has no class.

Frankly, #32 wasn't even on the field when that game was decided. Because the game was decided by the Dragons defense who kept the Irish out of the endzone twice inside the 5 (1 made FG, 1 missed FG) & had 3 takeaways in the 2nd half.

New Pal's defense is underrated. They all run & hit like crazy & make big plays. 

Agree about their D and Cathedrals inability to convert in the red zone. Plus, no disrespect to Speagle, but a number of RB’s could have gashed the Cathedral D with the way New Pal’s O-Line was destroying the Cathedral D-Line in the 2nd half. 

Edited by Boilernation
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Agree about their D and Cathedrals inability to convert in the red zone. Plus, no disrespect to Speagle, but a number of RB’s could have gashed the Cathedral D with the way New Pal’s O-Line was destroying the Cathedral D-Line in the 2nd half. 

first half red zone possession that ended in a FG looks like inside zone from the 7 that #20 bounced outside (but he's so damn fast he got back) to the two.  Then the jet sweep pass to #3 who tried to make very hard cut upfield and his knee went down untouched.  Third down bootleg pass should have been picked off.

Edited by CaptainHook

1 hour ago, CaptainHook said:

first half red zone possession that ended in a FG looks like inside zone from the 7 that #20 bounced outside (but he's so damn fast he got back) to the two.  Then the jet sweep pass to #3 who tried to make very hard cut upfield and his knee went down untouched.  Third down bootleg pass should have been picked off.

off topic of what you are talking about, your son man on man. a STUD to say the least. Kid is fast, hits hard and just knows the game of football. He was dominant on defense, had 1 INT but was a finger tip away from another one in the endzone. But what impressed me even more was his ability to block. To see a secondary defensive player go on the offensive side and make KEY blocks was pretty impressive. The play i remeber the most is him driving Cathedrals OLB to new pal sideland , actually to the track!!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, indycoach10 said:

Cathedral fans are really showing their @$$ on Twitter right now spreading a completely false rumor about an outstanding young man. Please know that when the entire state hates you, this type of stuff is why. It's inexcusable reprehensible behavior by adults towards a high school kid. 

Nonetheless, what a great time to be alive on the Eastside burbs!!! MV, NP, and TC all making to semistate. All beating private Catholic schools to do it. All you Nancy's saying NPs schedule is trash, how you like that!? GO MARAUDERS!

I must have missed something. At any rate in my personal opinion success builds hate. I have seen it with Chatard, Cathedral, Ben Davis, Warren Central, Center Grove, Pioneer, Sheridan, F.W Luers, and you start to see it with New Pal since Coach Ralph has taken over. You even see it at the collegiate level ie Alabama. Professional level ie Patriots. Even other sports ie Lakers and Yankees.

Every school across the state has their few bad apples (be it parents, fans, students). Don't judge the lump some of a group by the ignorant behavior of a few. I'm sure Mt. Vernon and New Palestine have some knuckleheads among them as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I must have missed something. At any rate in my personal opinion success builds hate. I have seen it with Chatard, Cathedral, Ben Davis, Warren Central, Center Grove, Pioneer, Sheridan, F.W Luers, and you start to see it with New Pal since Coach Ralph has taken over. .

I wouldn’t call it “hate.” At bottom, it’s grounded in “envy.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, INHSFootball said:

off topic of what you are talking about, your son man on man. a STUD to say the least. Kid is fast, hits hard and just knows the game of football. He was dominant on defense, had 1 INT but was a finger tip away from another one in the endzone. But what impressed me even more was his ability to block. To see a secondary defensive player go on the offensive side and make KEY blocks was pretty impressive. The play i remeber the most is him driving Cathedrals OLB to new pal sideland , actually to the track!!!!

Thank you.  He takes great pride is his blocking.  I told him this week it was slipping a bit as the season went on.  He was pissed.  After the game, he looked me in the eye and said, "how was my blocking tonight?"  And it was probably the best game of blocking he's ever had.  He had at least 5 key blocks on Spegal's big runs.  I was very proud of his efforts.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, indycoach10 said:

Nonetheless, what a great time to be alive on the Eastside burbs!!! MV, NP, and TC all making to semistate. All beating private Catholic schools to do it. All you Nancy's saying NPs schedule is trash, how you like that!? GO MARAUDERS!

I have seen some very questionable twitter posts by New Pal too......Not condoning either way but people that want to be Asshoe will be, and New Pal has one doing the same.  Both kids targeted (New Pal and Cathedral) are outstanding players.  That's what happens when you are the best. 

Edited by NorthIndysports

17 minutes ago, NorthIndysports said:

I have seen some very questionable twitter posts by New Pal too......Not condoning either way but people that want to be Asshoe will be, and New Pal has one doing the same.  Both kids targeted (New Pal and Cathedral) are outstanding players.  That's what happens when you are the best. 

Who’s being targeted from Cathedral? Haven’t seen a single post on it. 

8 minutes ago, NorthIndysports said:

Not posting here....they are on twitter. It seems posts here are usually respectful (and/or entertaining)  😉 

You’ve gotta give people more than that.  I understand not feeding the beast by posting here but Twitter is a big place.

PM me.