Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The long awaited New Pal vs Cathedral matchup

Not changing what I’ve said all year. New Pal wins the 5A state title. Don’t care if it’s by 1 or 152. These are the 2 best teams in 5A (maybe in the state), it’s a shame this is a Regional match-up. I’m predicting a hard fought game by 2 tremendous teams. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

What’s everybody’s thoughts on the matchup?IMO, this will be the game of the year by far.

I like that it's at New Pal.   I've seen a couple Irish games and listening to tonight's it's very similar.  Lots of big plays but against good defenses they struggle a bit to move the ball.  It will be interesting to see how New Pal defends them.  And can Cathedral make the Dragons throw it and limit Spegal. Should be an instant classic. 

27 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

What’s everybody’s thoughts on the matchup?IMO, this will be the game of the year by far.

Are “WE” allowed to talk about it now?  

Seriously though, this should be the game of the year regardless of class (sorry MIC fan boys).

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Warren05 said:

I'll be at Warren. 

Good, there will be plenty of seats available on both sides there.  Won’t be the case at New Pal.  (Hell, they may be lining up already.)

11 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Good, there will be plenty of seats available on both sides there.  Won’t be the case at New Pal.  (Hell, they may be lining up already.)

If it ends up being a blowout for either team and the Warren CG game comes down to the last play like it did lst year would it still be the game of the year?

1 minute ago, Warren05 said:

If it ends up being a blowout for either team and the Warren CG game comes down to the last play like it did lst year would it still be the game of the year?

It’s easily the “game of the year” on paper.  You’d have to be blind to disagree.

Nothing is guaranteed once the ball is kicked off and 16-18 year old kids are battling it out.  

11 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

That's true.  But even with that there will be about 3 dozen max on the home side. 

And I'll be one of them cheering my ass off. New Pal fans seem to think that just bc they had some success lately that they are the measuring stick for high school football. We may not have huge crowds at our games as of late but dont you dare look down on us. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warren05 said:

And I'll be one of them cheering my ass off. New Pal fans seem to think that just bc they had some success lately that they are the measuring stick for high school football. We may not have huge crowds at our games as of late but dont you dare look down on us. 

No one is looking down on Warren.  There are 2 inarguable facts, 1) Warren has a great program,  arguably the best in the state  2) fan support at games is embarrassingly bad 

I don't pretend to know why, but the stands are at best half full, usually significantly less

35 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

I like that it's at New Pal.   I've seen a couple Irish games and listening to tonight's it's very similar.  Lots of big plays but against good defenses they struggle a bit to move the ball.  It will be interesting to see how New Pal defends them.  And can Cathedral make the Dragons throw it and limit Spegal. Should be an instant classic. 

Struggled to move the ball? Against who?

They hung 600 yards on St. Xavier and moved the ball up and down the field at Elder. Center Grove wasn’t their greatest game, but most of their drives stalled due to penalties. If there’s on Achilles heel with this Cathedral team it’s penalties. They aren’t the most discipline team.

• Like 1

This I do belive was the 1st time I have ever said anything about anyone looking down on Warren and he was. No whining here. I said where I would be and I'll be there with an eye being kept on the Cathedral game. 

Go Irish!!!!

3 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Over because 4 of them will be Warren05 whining about Warren getting looked down upon. 

11 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

No one is looking down on Warren.  There are 2 inarguable facts, 1) Warren has a great program,  arguably the best in the state  2) fan support at games is embarrassingly bad 

I don't pretend to know why, but the stands are at best half full, usually significantly less

They should remove 75% of the seats on the home side and 80% on the visitors.  Then it will look like beech Grove and will be full.   Easy fix.