Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sorry 3A Teams...

10 minutes ago, George Orwell 2 said:

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!  Old school GID is back!  The absolute worst thing about the success factor has been what it has done to this website.  It is so &%%$ing boring now.  Back in the old days, there would be 5 - 10 threads going on at the same time over the Public-P/P issue.  We would reach 10, 12 pages before a moderator shut it down.  When was the last time a moderator shut down a thread?  It doesn't happen nearly enough.  HERE WE GO:

Well said, Cow Bell.  Stupid.  But well said. 

[Now you insult me, a few other Publics will jump in, then, I'll insult you and a few other P/P's will jump in.  This is going to be so much fun!  Yes!  It is back, baby!]  

Like “Megamind”

Last year I went to Triton central. They had a team that only comes along ever so often.. A few mistakes early by the other team and Triton was a head...but time was not on their side..the other team was loaded with athletes...you know what happens next...now no kid is recruited by Triton...even with Open enrollment what kid will drive out to the cornfields and go to school there. A small schools hope of making it to LOS are spoiled. WHY MAY I ASK...                     Lysander care to spell check for me 

Providence needs to up their recruiting budget.

Losing to a Public in sectional is just simply not allowed.  The plan to have an all-Catholic 2A Regional has been the plan since August.

I think we need to convene the council of P/P's and vote them out for bringing such shame.

Edited by oldtimeqb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cow Bell said:

Last year I went to Triton central. They had a team that only comes along ever so often.. A few mistakes early by the other team and Triton was a head...but time was not on their side..the other team was loaded with athletes...you know what happens next...now no kid is recruited by Triton...even with Open enrollment what kid will drive out to the cornfields and go to school there. A small schools hope of making it to LOS are spoiled. WHY MAY I ASK...                     Lysander care to spell check for me 

$400/hour for consulting.

Gotta pay that tuition.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Providence needs to up their recruiting budget.

Losing to a Public in sectional is just simply not allowed.  The plan to have an all-Catholic 2A Regional has been the plan since August.

I think we need to convene the council of P/P's and vote them out for bringing such shame.

I can not answer why it is that teams in southern Indiana ( - Evansville area ) do not have great success when it comes to the playoffs.....

1 hour ago, George Orwell 2 said:

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!  Old school GID is back!  The absolute worst thing about the success factor has been what it has done to this website.  It is so &%%$ing boring now.  Back in the old days, there would be 5 - 10 threads going on at the same time over the Public-P/P issue.  We would reach 10, 12 pages before a moderator shut it down.  When was the last time a moderator shut down a thread?  It doesn't happen nearly enough.  HERE WE GO:

Well said, Cow Bell.  Stupid.  But well said. 

[Now you insult me, a few other Publics will jump in, then, I'll insult you and a few other P/P's will jump in.  This is going to be so much fun!  Yes!  It is back, baby!]  

Not just SF, but open enrollment.

Open enrollment only works for city schools. The kids that do not get scholarship offers and want to play for a better team...Perry Meridian kids will go to South Port or Center grove and so on.                                                                   

The success has weekend Indiana football. 4A has been a joke for the last few years. SF was just a way for IHSAA to quiet down the public schools. What they should do is tell the Private schools they can play during the regular season but come playoffs they are on there own.                   

Spell check time Lysander                               

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

But teenagers attending p/p schools are frequently different than their government school counterparts.  It is one the numerous advantages p/p schools have.

The IHSAA is not a group of public schools.  

If we are going to wade into the P/P-Public school debate I will chime in...

I was the AD at little ole Vincennes Rivet located in Knox County.  I can tell you most P/P schools do not openly recruit student-athletes, but they do recruit students.  The recruitment of a student-athlete is a violation of IHSAA bylaws and in such instances the student-athlete is deemed ineligible.  If all P/P schools recruited, then why aren't they successful in every sport?  Where V. Rivet for example is competitive in most girls sports and boys soccer.  Boys basketball, baseball, track, tennis and golf are all pretty low in numbers and unfortunately success.

Open enrollment does not only help big city schools, it also helps some rural schools.  This depends on where you are located in the state of course.  I know students who cross county lines to go to a different public school, not the norm but it does happen.  Since I now work in one of these small rural public schools, I see it firsthand.  I know at least one of our students (a 7th grader) who is getting recruited to go to a different school for purely athletic reasons.  One of this kid's coaches has said he makes trips to watch him play in travel tournaments so he stays in our school because other schools are recruiting him. 

The idea of vouchers is a whole different can of worms to talk about another day.  I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Cow Bell said:

Open enrollment only works for city schools. The kids that do not get scholarship offers and want to play for a better team...Perry Meridian kids will go to South Port or Center grove and so on.                                                                   

The success has weekend Indiana football. 4A has been a joke for the last few years. SF was just a way for IHSAA to quiet down the public schools. What they should do is tell the Private schools they can play during the regular season but come playoffs they are on there own.                   

Spell check time Lysander                               

So if open enrollment only works for city schools, then your beef is less with Catholic schools and more with non-rural schools?  I mean, you started out with being [not] surprised that a Catholic school was competing for a state championship the weekend after a Catholic school beat the defending 3A champion who is a public school ... albeit a city school.  Matter of fact, that public school had just beat a Catholic school the weekend before.  It had also beaten four Catholic schools in a row during the tourney last season to win the 3A title.  Must have been an act of God ... or perhaps the Devil given that they are the Red Devils?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cow Bell said:

Also my beef is with the IHSAA  /  OHSAA And any other AA that allows recruiting and schools that hold there enrollment down to pacific numbers to better them shelf in football.

Words you should take to heart.

“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt.”

- Mark Twain

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cow Bell said:

Also my beef is with the IHSAA  /  OHSAA And any other AA that allows recruiting and schools that hold there enrollment down to pacific numbers to better them shelf in football.

I doubt there's a single school out there in Indiana ... as I can't speak to Ohio ... that's driven and maintained by revenue, which p/p schools are/have to be, that holds down numbers for football status.