Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indy Star: Top rated Football recruits: Last 15 years

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/02/05/how-indianas-top-rated-football-recruits-past-15-years-fared/591053002/

4. Dustin Sherer, Hamilton Heights; Wisconsin. Sherer led Hamilton Heights to a 33-7 record and threw for 6,371 yards and 61 touchdowns during his Huskies career. "There were always going to be people out there who say that because Dustin came from a small school he can't be that good," Heights coach Steve Stirn said. "I always said, 'Come see him play.' " He was Wisconsin's starting quarterback in 2008, completing 54.5 percent of his passes with six touchdowns and five interceptions in the Badgers run-heavy offense. His senior year, Scott Tolzien took over as Wisconsin's starter. In 2016, he joined the Tipton coaching staff as an assistant.

I thought that was illegal down yonder, HH kid on Tipton's staff   😎

It happens. Knew somebody that worked at Tipton and coached at Heights. 

Shout out to Jason Werner at No.3. Can't believe they didn't put Pat Kuntz on that list if nothing else to put up a pic of his ND mullet. That Rebel defense was absolutely ridiculous.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/02/05/how-indianas-top-rated-football-recruits-past-15-years-fared/591053002/

4. Dustin Sherer, Hamilton Heights; Wisconsin. Sherer led Hamilton Heights to a 33-7 record and threw for 6,371 yards and 61 touchdowns during his Huskies career. "There were always going to be people out there who say that because Dustin came from a small school he can't be that good," Heights coach Steve Stirn said. "I always said, 'Come see him play.' " He was Wisconsin's starting quarterback in 2008, completing 54.5 percent of his passes with six touchdowns and five interceptions in the Badgers run-heavy offense. His senior year, Scott Tolzien took over as Wisconsin's starter. In 2016, he joined the Tipton coaching staff as an assistant.

Not illegal ... just immoral. 😁

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2019 at 10:15 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Thanks for sharing this coach! Lots of players that I forgot about. It was a great trip down memory lane.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 11:08 AM, RipZGo said:

It happens. Knew somebody that worked at Tipton and coached at Heights. 

Shout out to Jason Werner at No.3. Can't believe they didn't put Pat Kuntz on that list if nothing else to put up a pic of his ND mullet. That Rebel defense was absolutely ridiculous.

I remember seeing the Roncalli at Center Grove season opener in 2004.  It felt like a college football atmosphere.  CGs JB Paxson was the top ranked recruit in Indiana and near the top of the list nationwide.  Roncalli was loaded with D1 talent in Werner, Kuntz and Tim Sergi.  Place was absolutely packed.  Roncalli dominated and shut down the favored Trojans   Helluva game and great fun to watch.  

Wasn't there but have seen that game a few times lol. The Rebels did that to a lot of teams that year. You're right though on those two teams but there was a lot of talent in that 04 class in general for Indiana. It seemed like whoever Roncalli played that year there was a guy going Power 5 conference or made it to the NFL. Roncalli besides Kuntz/Werner/Sergi, had almost every starter in the 04-05 classes go and play college football somewhere(D1/D2/D3/NAIA). Which is kinda incredible. 

Edited by RipZGo