Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5a southernmost regional . Floyd Central @ B. South

1 minute ago, MuleDriver said:

First ever meeting between the two schools on the football field.   Couple of good running backs for both teams.   Winner to face Cathedral or New Pal . 

Love seeing new blood taking on one another.  Good luck to both squads.

4 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

First ever meeting between the two schools on the football field.   Couple of good running backs for both teams.   Winner to face Cathedral or New Pal . 

I’m not sure what Bloomington South brings to the table but Floyd is a good team. Has a great RB, and a pretty decent QB. They have 2 losses on the year to 2 superior teams in Louisville Male and Columbus East. If you stop Wright you will win the game (I believe he had 21 yards Rushing against CE). The kid is super quick. I believe South’s D-Line will be the question mark. If they can stop the run they should be in good shape. 

@Fkfootball can fill you in on a little more. 

Edited by Olympian06

7 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I’m not sure what Bloomington South brings to the table but Floyd is a good team. Has a great RB, and a pretty decent QB. They have 2 losses on the year to 2 superior teams in Louisville Male and Columbus East. If you stop Wright you will win the game (I believe he had 21 yards Rushing against CE). The kid is super quick. I believe South’s D-Line will be the question mark. If they can stop the run they should be in good shape. 

Great win for Floyd, but Wenkers Wright left the game with an ankle injury. That’s a huge blow for us. Floyd has become a good passing team though. Polk has thrown for over 1500 yards this season. He’s good.

Edited by Fkfootball

13 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I’m not sure what Bloomington South brings to the table but Floyd is a good team. Has a great RB, and a pretty decent QB. They have 2 losses on the year to 2 superior teams in Louisville Male and Columbus East. If you stop Wright you will win the game (I believe he has 21 yards Rushing against CE). The kid is super quick. I believe South’s D-Line will be the question mark. If they can stop the run they should be in good shape. 

Souths senior inside backer hurt his hamstring tonight but they still blasted castle 32-6 . Souths rb  broke the bhss all time rushing record tonight.. South has a pretty good d line  . One guy going to miami of ohio. Since Moriarity returned to south they have won their 6th straight sectional title a couple regional's in there but not really been a threat to win state except for 2014 when they lost to cathedral in overtime in semistate (cathedral dominated laporte the next week at state) A lot of things have changed in bloomington since the early 2000's ( redistricting , school 'board etc etc. ) and they just don';t seem to pull in the kids they should be (historically have, live closer common sense to bhss)   pulling in with the district changes . Been a learning curve as a fan to  try and figure it all out. Those things were super important back in the day when we were a top 10 program year in year out .   Just seems like we are just going to be a regional champ every now and then and get smashed at semistate. Modern era at bhss  i guess . 

Edited by MuleDriver

11 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

At least for the Castle game, South's D was pretty good holding Castle to negative rushing yards on 19 yards on 28 carries. They also had numerous sacks in the game. South and Castle know each other, and things got real chippy with both teams picking up numerous penalties.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Souths senior inside backer hurt his hamstring tonight but they still blasted castle 32-6 . Souths rb  broke the bhss all time rushing record tonight.. South has a pretty good d line  . One guy going to miami of ohio. Since Moriarity returned to south they have won their 6th straight sectional title a couple regional's in there but not really been a threat to win state except for 2014 when they lost to cathedral in overtime in semistate (cathedral dominated laporte the next week at state) A lot of things have changed in bloomington since the early 2000's ( redistricting , school 'board etc etc. ) and they just don';t seem to pull in the kids they should be (historically have, live closer common sense to bhss)   pulling in with the district changes . Been a learning curve as a fan to  try and figure it all out. Those things were super important back in the day when we were a top 10 program year in year out .   Just seems like we are just going to be a regional champ every now and then and get smashed at semistate. Modern era at bhss  i guess . 

common Mule! Chin up South just won the Sectional title! Be great if they won Regional! Lighten up. Lots of good competition out there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fkfootball said:

Update: I have heard from pretty much first hand that Wenkers should be OK after a few days.

How does he stack up gainst fc greats? Who was the fc rb a decade ago had a great career cant remember his name . Highlights of him anywhere online? I think i read an article on him earlier this season isnt he from Australia or something  .  Looks like bhss will have to bring another hard week of practice to prepare for fc. 

I just watched some of his hudl highlights. Looks like a real good player breaking a lot of tackles with break away speed. South will need to work on wrapping up.  Makes fc dangerous with a good passing game to see them operate out of the single back formation . South will have their hands full.    The panthers held Castle to 4 yards rushing in the sectional title game on 29 attempts. I believe there were 6 sacks to negate the few rushing yards castle had.  Is wright getting offers from anyone? 

7 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

How does he stack up gainst fc greats? Who was the fc rb a decade ago had a great career cant remember his name . Highlights of him anywhere online? I think i read an article on him earlier this season isnt he from Australia or something  .  Looks like bhss will have to bring another hard week of practice to prepare for fc. 

That was Kyle Bramble who led the State in Rushing and was AP All-State. He was a machine.

Wenkers was adopted from Haiti as a child. He’s one of the best Athletes in the State. He’s been timed with a 4.39 40. He is extremely explosive and is impossible to bring down in the open field. I believe he’s 2nd or 3rd in the State in Rushing. He’s about 6”1 180 LBs. He has the ability to take over a game. He’s only a JR too. So he could be the top tailback in Indiana next season. I think he has D-1 Potential.

2 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

I just watched some of his hudl highlights. Looks like a real good player breaking a lot of tackles with break away speed. South will need to work on wrapping up.  Makes fc dangerous with a good passing game to see them operate out of the single back formation . South will have their hands full.    The panthers held Castle to 4 yards rushing in the sectional title game on 29 attempts. I believe there were 6 sacks to negate the few rushing yards castle had.  Is wright getting offers from anyone? 

Not yet, but I’m sure college coaches are aware of him and are looking at him. It will be a tough challenge for us as well. I have to believe that South is favored going into this game especially since they will host the game. We have really good team speed and a lot of weapons. But FC is not a very big team. We are undersized in almost every game we play. It’s been like that for 10 years.

4 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Not yet, but I’m sure college coaches are aware of him and are looking at him. It will be a tough challenge for us as well. I have to believe that South is favored going into this game especially since they will host the game. We have really good team speed and a lot of weapons. But FC is not a very big team. We are undersized in almost every game we play. It’s been like that for 10 years.

Kyle Bramble was fun to watch, bhss has a lot of size in the d line . Souths senior inside linebacker went down vs castle with a hamstring problem. Sure hope he will be available vs floyd looks like we will need him. Sometimes you dont need a lot of size with wright all you need is some daylight . Very impressed panthers again will have to bring forth their best effort sagarin and computer rankings  i think have a 70 some percent accuracy but 30 % of the time they  dont get it right.  John Harrells site has south favored 31-21 .  Now what i am hoping for is that the game doesnt start until 8 pm that way a can come and catch the second half or so. We will see. 

7 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Kyle Bramble was fun to watch, bhss has a lot of size in the d line . Souths senior inside linebacker went down vs castle with a hamstring problem. Sure hope he will be available vs floyd looks like we will need him. Sometimes you dont need a lot of size with wright all you need is some daylight . Very impressed panthers again will have to bring forth their best effort sagarin and computer rankings  i think have a 70 some percent accuracy but 30 % of the time they  dont get it right.  John Harrells site has south favored 31-21 .  Now what i am hoping for is that the game doesnt start until 8 pm that way a can come and catch the second half or so. We will see. 

The Castle coach was quoted as saying that South was too big and had too much speed for them and I'm paraphrasing on that. It's been awhile since South was described as too big since they usually have had undersized teams in recent seasons. With all due respect to Floyd Central, I think that South has played the better schedule up to this point. While CI is certainly no juggernaut of a conference, I think it is somewhat a step up from the HHC. Outside of Columbus East, their conference games have been exclusively against teams that have losing records.  Outside of TH South, all CI teams have had at least a .500 record. With that said, I hope South's team is not thinking like I am, and will be mentally ready for a team that comes in 9-2. When they build a record like that, they really have a lot of confidence in what they do. South is really rolling right now, and playing at home, I think they should win this game by at least two TDs. Maybe I shouldn't count my chickens before they are hatched, but that's how I see it. 

• Like 1

@ptr the computer ratings have south by 20 points. John harrell has south by 10 . However you cant take any team lightly.  I think south should be fine but fc does have a good rb and if they can pass it will be a tough offense to deal with. I could see this being a high scoring game . South d line seems to be firing on all cylinders , Darnell boyce has missed several games this year for various reasons but with him and cody root and bomba they have some real size there.  Inside backer went out last night hope he isnt out next friday. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

@ptr the computer ratings have south by 20 points. John harrell has south by 10 . However you cant take any team lightly.  I think south should be fine but fc does have a good rb and if they can pass it will be a tough offense to deal with. I could see this being a high scoring game . South d line seems to be firing on all cylinders , Darnell boyce has missed several games this year for various reasons but with him and cody root and bomba they have some real size there.  Inside backer went out last night hope he isnt out next friday. 

Out of curiosity, do you know if James Bomba is planning on playing basketball this season? He has the scholarship to play FB at Miami (OH), and I know that a lot of kids in multi-sports, will spend their senior year concentrating on getting ready for the one sport they will be playing in college.

13 minutes ago, ptr said:

Out of curiosity, do you know if James Bomba is planning on playing basketball this season? He has the scholarship to play FB at Miami (OH), and I know that a lot of kids in multi-sports, will spend their senior year concentrating on getting ready for the one sport they will be playing in college.

I assume if he played last year he will again. South will be a threat to go deep in the tourney this season. Their wide receiver #9 plays basketball. 

On 11/9/2019 at 3:20 PM, ptr said:

The Castle coach was quoted as saying that South was too big and had too much speed for them and I'm paraphrasing on that. It's been awhile since South was described as too big since they usually have had undersized teams in recent seasons. With all due respect to Floyd Central, I think that South has played the better schedule up to this point. While CI is certainly no juggernaut of a conference, I think it is somewhat a step up from the HHC. Outside of Columbus East, their conference games have been exclusively against teams that have losing records.  Outside of TH South, all CI teams have had at least a .500 record. With that said, I hope South's team is not thinking like I am, and will be mentally ready for a team that comes in 9-2. When they build a record like that, they really have a lot of confidence in what they do. South is really rolling right now, and playing at home, I think they should win this game by at least two TDs. Maybe I shouldn't count my chickens before they are hatched, but that's how I see it. 

We play in a weaker conference. East is very good though.  But we did hang with the #12 team in the nation for 1 half. I think South will win at home, but FC is deserving of their 9-2 record and S.C.

Edited by Fkfootball

On 11/9/2019 at 5:06 PM, MuleDriver said:

I assume if he played last year he will again. South will be a threat to go deep in the tourney this season. Their wide receiver #9 plays basketball. 

We play you guys in basketball too. Floyd Central basketball has been really competitive with South. We were ranked in the top 5 the past 2 years. Pretty good team this year too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

We play you guys in basketball too. Floyd Central basketball has been really competitive with South. We were ranked in the top 5 the past 2 years. Pretty good team this year too.

Pretty sure south and floyd played in a holiday tournament last year.  South has been playing castle at basketball as well in recent years. But I'm not trying to think about basketball season yet.  Mist of the attention is going toward the new goal cathedral game.  This matchup seems unimportant.  . . . . . . . Likely the winner here loses next week but there are still a lot of good players in this game so  im looking  forward  to seeing how this plays out. Souths rb just  broke the bhss career rushing and fc sounds like they have a good rb as well could be a high scoring game 

Just now, MuleDriver said:

Pretty sure south and floyd played in a holiday tournament last year.  South has been playing castle at basketball as well in recent years. But I'm not trying to think about basketball season yet.  Most of the attention is going toward the new pal cathedral game.  This matchup seems unimportant.  . . . . . . . Likely the winner here loses next week but there are still a lot of good players in this game so  im looking  forward  to seeing how this plays out. Souths rb just  broke the bhss career rushing and fc sounds like they have a good rb as well could be a high scoring game 

6 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Pretty sure south and floyd played in a holiday tournament last year.  South has been playing castle at basketball as well in recent years. But I'm not trying to think about basketball season yet.  Mist of the attention is going toward the new goal cathedral game.  This matchup seems unimportant.  . . . . . . . Likely the winner here loses next week but there are still a lot of good players in this game so  im looking  forward  to seeing how this plays out. Souths rb just  broke the bhss career rushing and fc sounds like they have a good rb as well could be a high scoring game 

Not a “good RB.” Hes a “great RB.” But we don’t know if he will be 100% yet. Floyd Central has one of the best trainers in the State and I’ll leave it at that.

I think Bloomington South may have had a tougher regular season schedule, than Floyd, I think the offenses may be even at this point in the season, but I think BS's Defense has bumped up a notch or two in the tournament, with some position changes. All things as they are, this will maybe come down to game coaching adjustments. Halftime adjustments. At this stage of the playoffs all teams are good, and bring their own stuff, that made their seasons good. Good side line coaching seems to be understated. I think one of the all time innovator and adjustment coaches is Myron Moriority. Talent being equal, he usually wins, when it counts.