Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5a southernmost regional . Floyd Central @ B. South

Weather forecast has the game just above freezing friday night. JH site has game time a 7 pm start wish they would move it back to 7 30 or 8 even with the travel distance. Oh well. His site predictor also changed since the weekend. It first had this game 31-21 bhss now it says 38-14 bhss.    I think souths offense should 'get theirs'; going  have to see if the ';d; can turn in a game like they did last week or better.  Anyone going to this game ? I wont be able to make it. 

Well i have not heard much from the bhss camp this week. Not much either from floyd. Here are the possible semi-state pairings for next week 11/22

'If' Bloomington South were to win they would be on the road for semi=state regardless of the winner of the other regional. Only one scenario would have either of these two teams being at home and that is np at fc.

New Palestine  at Floyd Central 

'Bloomington South at Indianapolis Cathedral 

Bloomington South  at New Palestine 

Floyd Central at Indianapolis Cathedral 

On 11/12/2019 at 5:47 AM, southend said:

I think Bloomington South may have had a tougher regular season schedule, than Floyd, I think the offenses may be even at this point in the season, but I think BS's Defense has bumped up a notch or two in the tournament, with some position changes. All things as they are, this will maybe come down to game coaching adjustments. Halftime adjustments. At this stage of the playoffs all teams are good, and bring their own stuff, that made their seasons good. Good side line coaching seems to be understated. I think one of the all time innovator and adjustment coaches is Myron Moriority. Talent being equal, he usually wins, when it counts.  

+1 on Coach Mo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Well i have not heard much from the bhss camp this week. Not much either from floyd. Here are the possible semi-state pairings for next week 11/22

'If' Bloomington South were to win they would be on the road for semi=state regardless of the winner of the other regional. Only one scenario would have either of these two teams being at home and that is np at fc.

New Palestine  at Floyd Central 

'Bloomington South at Indianapolis Cathedral 

Bloomington South  at New Palestine 

Floyd Central at Indianapolis Cathedral 

Although it would be lopsided, I would be stoked to see FC host a Semi-State game.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, southend said:

FK, from what im hearing on this other thread, either team that wins this regional, is doomed at the semi-state! Both rosters combined might not be good enough to beat these NAP Town monsters! 

I think that was known before the season even started. 

Would be no different if it was CE vs Bloomington South this year, a combined team of those 2 would still not beat either of the other 2. 

Edited by Olympian06

1 hour ago, MuleDriver said:

Good first half by the Highlanders.  Good  game plan had south guessing ! At times I felt like neither team wanted to win and play new pal next week I felt that way about south in the first half then felt that way about fc in the second half. 

I just think the better team won. Had Floyd Central won, it would have been an upset. South is much deserving of this win and I hope they can give something to New Pal. I know that’s a scary team right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I just think the better team won. Had Floyd Central won, it would have been an upset. South is much deserving of this win and I hope they can give something to New Pal. I know that’s a scary team right now.

Wenkers and Polk should be a tough combination as seniors next season . South loses a lot to graduation this year. Next year may be a rebuilding year at south ll of thier running backs are seniors wide recievers are seniors and some of those big guys in the trenches are seniors as well. 

6 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Wenkers and Polk should be a tough combination as seniors next season . South loses a lot to graduation this year. Next year may be a rebuilding year at south ll of thier running backs are seniors wide recievers are seniors and some of those big guys in the trenches are seniors as well. 

Our injuries were too much to overcome. I was proud of this team because we had already lost 3 starting DBs/WRs and lost a 4th in the 1st half of the game. We had 2 OL out. Our RB playing injured. We had a lot of other injuries  this season and guys that have come back. For this team to go 9-3 and win a Sectional and play a team like Bloomington South, I’m pretty proud of their team efforts.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 5:12 AM, Fkfootball said:

Our injuries were too much to overcome. I was proud of this team because we had already lost 3 starting DBs/WRs and lost a 4th in the 1st half of the game. We had 2 OL out. Our RB playing injured. We had a lot of other injuries  this season and guys that have come back. For this team to go 9-3 and win a Sectional and play a team like Bloomington South, I’m pretty proud of their team efforts.

What two OL were we missing?  And what 4 DBs/WRs were we without?  

22 hours ago, Coachhess said:

What two OL were we missing?  And what 4 DBs/WRs were we without?  

Well as far as I know you lost Willman during the season. You lost Farley. You lost Deweese during the game. I thought there was someone else. Wyatt I believe was out. And I thought his replacement was out too. I may have been mistaken.

Im actually insulted that you care more about the validity of the players being out, then myself being very complimentary of your staff and your team for a tremendous season and overcoming a lot of injuries. You guys did a hell of a job.

Edited by Fkfootball

17 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Well as far as I know you lost Willman during the season. You lost Farley. You lost Deweese during the game. I thought there was someone else. Wyatt I believe was out. And I thought his replacement was out too. I may have been mistaken.

Im actually insulted that you care more about the validity of the players being out, then myself being very complimentary of your staff and your team for a tremendous season and overcoming a lot of injuries. You guys did a hell of a job.

Actually, suprised, not insulted. And I meant to say Hyatt, not Wyatt.

8 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Perhaps because he is a coach and is... 

1 - interested in factual information and..

2 - not interested in making excuses 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Perhaps because he is a coach and is... 

1 - interested in factual information and..

2 - not interested in making excuses 

Yeah he’s a great assistant coach. And he obviously knows his team better than I do. It’s not like I’m on here trying to lie. Make excuses, yeah maybe. Still a great year.

Edited by Fkfootball

Just now, Fkfootball said:

Yeah he’s a great assistant coach. And he obviously knows his team better than I do. It’s not like I’m on here trying to lie. Make excuses, yeah maybe. Still a great year.

Very good year.. I expect you guys and Bedford to be fighting for that sectional next year. 

• Like 1