Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

19 minutes ago, Warren05 said:

Do you think Avon Or Bburg were looking ahead? 

I don’t.  As mentioned in other threads, I think it was an emotional rivalry game and ended up being Brownsburg’s Super Bowl...or at least they celebrated like it was.

8 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I think it will go down as the biggest tournament lesson.  Never look ahead.

This could very well be true, but you mentioned earlier that you felt Avon wasn't playing well late in the season.  Do you think Avon and Brownsburg peaked too soon?  I think if the HCC wants to see a champion in 6A, they need to change the schedule where Avon, Brownsburg, Fishers, Westfield, all of these teams that are top 10 consistently, meet later in the regular season.  If they build up, this could be a game changer.  

46 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I don’t.  As mentioned in other threads, I think it was an emotional rivalry game and ended up being Brownsburg’s Super Bowl...or at least they celebrated like it 

Thanks for your thoughts 

Edited by Warren05

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

This could very well be true, but you mentioned earlier that you felt Avon wasn't playing well late in the season.  Do you think Avon and Brownsburg peaked too soon?  I think if the HCC wants to see a champion in 6A, they need to change the schedule where Avon, Brownsburg, Fishers, Westfield, all of these teams that are top 10 consistently, meet later in the regular season.  If they build up, this could be a game changer.  

The entire league is becoming more balanced. We are approaching the point that there is no night off...... just like the MIC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

The entire league is becoming more balanced. We are approaching the point that there is no night off...... just like the MIC.

Easy now.  Get your bullet proof vest ready chief.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I do agree they are becoming more balanced and competitive. There are several conference around the state that are like that and it's good for the sport. 

• Like 1

The HCC Had a good year. Imo it's extremely tough to break into the champions club in 6a. You have a few programs that are just used to winning during tourney timesn that mindset may help when ur dealing with high school kids..for others to believe in u, u must first believe in yourself..the storied programs have students who have the mindset of "I can't bear to lose to this team". What will help these teams is a)not playing each other so early in sectionals n b)younger kids seeing gr8 teams seasons ended by the superpowers that be..every hero needs a villain!!