Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Clash of the atoms er Adams for regional

Round number two for these Adams county schools who share a school district border, I would expect Bern to shut the town down when they parade to Monroe next week. Do the jets  have anything for the starfires this time? One loss between both teams.Big rivalry.

Edited by southend
mis stated teams nickname
  • Like 2

I'm generally familiar with both teams, but interested in hearing from those who know them intimately, what would AC need to do reverse the outcome of the SA-AC meeting from earlier in the season?  For example, Lewis Cass, in the Hoosier Conference, was dismantled at home by West Lafayette 58-21.  Despite Cass being a top contender in 2A, it wasn't that big of a surprise give that West Lafayette was, at that time, a top 3 contender in 3A and the previous state championship winner with lots of guys returning.  Two weeks later, Lewis Cass traveled to West Lafayette for the Hoosier Conference Crossover title game and stunned West Lafayette 49-42.  Is that kind of game in the making here for SA-AC? 

On 11/9/2019 at 2:20 PM, southend said:

Guys a little tougher in the southern part of the county?

This year they are. Normally the Central part takes care of business, but the junior and senior classes are loaded for the Starfires. I wish I could say my beloved Jets would have a better shot, but it seems they've played worse defensively as the tournament has gone on. Maybe it's kids playing hurt, but it hasn't been pretty. The first match up the Jets gave way too much cushion and South Adams methodically ripped them apart throwing 10 yd outs to #15 Miller. The big blow was when the Starfires connected on the deep shot and AC was playing deep. AC is going to have to find creative ways to move the ball on offense as well. It seems other teams have found a good game plan in slowing down the running game. Northfield did a fantastic job of that. Luckily the passing game was good enough even with a couple of turnovers to pull the Jets through last week.

23 hours ago, foxbat said:

I'm generally familiar with both teams, but interested in hearing from those who know them intimately, what would AC need to do reverse the outcome of the SA-AC meeting from earlier in the season? 

AC needs to drain the clock offensively, get to the SA QB over and over (which no one has done) and have the benefit of a terrible weather night....then after that they'd need lighting to strike the field, Medusa to turn them to stone, and a Hurricane named Ditka. 

AC and SA are great football teams, South Adam's combination of size, speed, and DEPTH, is almost overwhelming. The Mosser's at AC are fantastic coaches and will have their best ready for the Starfires. Should be a slobberknocker. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoachVeatch said:

AC needs to drain the clock offensively, get to the SA QB over and over (which no one has done) and have the benefit of a terrible weather night....then after that they'd need lighting to strike the field, Medusa to turn them to stone, and a Hurricane named Ditka. 

Put some numbers to this, last week Madison Grant held SA to less than 5 minutes of offense in the first half. That yielded 47 points. Arnold has been sacked once this year, and that appeared to be a broken play. As far as weather, looking like a pretty nice night for some football. 

On 11/13/2019 at 12:37 PM, Thor77 said:

Put some numbers to this, last week Madison Grant held SA to less than 5 minutes of offense in the first half. That yielded 47 points. Arnold has been sacked once this year, and that appeared to be a broken play. As far as weather, looking like a pretty nice night for some football. 

Time to do the rain dance in Central Adams County!

• Haha 3
  • Disdain 1

From Weather.com for tonight in Monroe.  Good football conditions, temperature-wise.  Wish we had this in TX.

(Temp - Feels Like - Precip % - Humidity)

7:00 PM

FRI
Partly Cloudy 28° 28°
10%
85% N 2 mph
8:00 PM

FRI
Partly Cloudy 27° 27°
10%
85% N 2 mph
9:00 PM

FRI
Mostly Cloudy 27° 27°
10%
89% NNE 2 mph
10:00 PM

FRI
Mostly Cloudy 27° 24°
10%
87% NNE 3 mp
20 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Edited by Bonecrusher

21 minutes ago, Bonecrusher said:

Could have watered the field.....  Temps too cold?

Need to have the weather conditions South Adams faced against Woodlan. That was their lowest output of the year and probably the best shot AC would have.

1 minute ago, Bonecrusher said:

OK, you want it coming down, not just a sloppy field. Would prefer an AC win, but realistically gotta pick SA. Hope Jets prove me wrong.

Yep exactly. Like the '16 Pioneer @ AC Semi State game. Definitely prefer an AC win but I have a hard time seeing it. Going to be weird when I have family playing for South Adams in some years and have to root for them.

Boy, the coaches must have said what I've posted on here as I wasn't expecting that upset. Completely different ball game this time around. Though I believe Stutzman was out for SA which was key. Great season to the Starfires, and way to go Jets!!!!!