Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

219 Lake County Hosting 3 big Regional Games

2a :   Lewis Cass heads to Father Eckert Field to pay a visit to Andrean 

4a:    Russ Radke led New Prairie heads to another slobberknocker with a matchup with Hobart 

6a:   Not a stranger to NWI, Bart Curtis will bring his Tigers of Warsaw to Broadway, to see Merrillville Pirates.  

Roughly 8 square Miles will separate all 3 of these games.   

• Like 6

On 11/9/2019 at 1:18 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

4a:    Russ Radke led New Prairie heads to another slobberknocker with a matchup with Hobart 

6a:   Not a stranger to NWI, Bart Curtis will bring his Tigers of Warsaw to Broadway, to see Merrillville Pirates.  

Started my coaching career with Coach Radke at Griffith in 1994.  It was a great experience for me early in my career.  He taught me so much about the preparation side of the game.  Hours and hours of film study.  Had some great times at Bridges after the games and Dave and Lees the next morning.  I think I have the names right.  Its been a few.

• Like 2

I think Cass is the better team. But I also thought RC was the better team in their matchup with Andrean. Its gonna come down to who executes their offense better, doesn't turn the ball over, and doesn't let the weather be a factor. I think Cass by two touchdowns, but it will be close throughout. I think it will be a great game and can't wait to watch it on Friday. 

The one thing with Andrean is that they have played against better teams than Lewis Cass this year.  They may not have beaten any of them, but they have played against a Merrillville, a New Prairie, and a Hobart.  They aren't going to be intimidated or surprised by whatever Lewis Cass brings to the field against them.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, XStar said:

The one thing with Andrean is that they have played against better teams than Lewis Cass this year.  They may not have beaten any of them, but they have played against a Merrillville, a New Prairie, and a Hobart.  They aren't going to be intimidated or surprised by whatever Lewis Cass brings to the field against them.  

I totally agree they have played better teams... Do you think LEWIS CASS isn't aware?? Those are some Great ball clubs the 59"ERS play. I understand what you are saying, but CASS isn't in the INTIMIDATION GAME. If you look at CASS when they get off the bus  they don't really pass the so called "EYE TEST", but if you watch them play they are an exceptional TEAM. They live by playing as a TEAM. NO PLAYER ON THAT TEAMS SEEKS ATTENTION. ALL OF THEM KNOW IT TAKES THE WHOLE TEAM.There is a big chip on their shoulder and boy do these young men play HUNGRY. I THINK THE DIFFERENCE IN THIS MATCH UP IS WHAT YOU SAID.... " THEY MAY NOT HAVE BEATEN ANY OF THEM, BUT" CASS Has shown that they can WIN those games they aren't favored in. I THINK ITS GOING TO BE A BRAWL FRIDAY NIGHT AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. All I am trying to say just like ANDREAN, CASS won't be intimidated or surprised. 

Edited by TheWaterBoii
  • Kill me now 1

I think you're trying to read what I said as a slight to your team and it is actually exactly the opposite.  I'm just saying that Cass is #1 and I think that in itself is an intimidation to other programs.  I'm not sure anyone left in the 2A tourney besides Andrean can claim that they've played a game against a team better than Cass.  Maybe Mater Dei but I don't think Sagarin would agree with that.  If Cass should beat Andrean, I think they'll have a big psychological edge to whoever they face in semistate because neither of those teams have faced a team I think is on a similar level.  

Nobody would expect Cass to be intimidated by anyone the rest of the way.  They are certainly the team with the most "swagger" to them right now.  

1 hour ago, XStar said:

I think you're trying to read what I said as a slight to your team and it is actually exactly the opposite.  I'm just saying that Cass is #1 and I think that in itself is an intimidation to other programs.  I'm not sure anyone left in the 2A tourney besides Andrean can claim that they've played a game against a team better than Cass.  Maybe Mater Dei but I don't think Sagarin would agree with that.  If Cass should beat Andrean, I think they'll have a big psychological edge to whoever they face in semistate because neither of those teams have faced a team I think is on a similar level.  

Nobody would expect Cass to be intimidated by anyone the rest of the way.  They are certainly the team with the most "swagger" to them right now.  

Are Merrillville, New Prairie, and Hobart better than West Lafayette? I'm just curious, I don't know much about the three teams other than I know New Prairie is pretty tough every year.

3 hours ago, TacklingFuel_10 said:

Are Merrillville, New Prairie, and Hobart better than West Lafayette? I'm just curious, I don't know much about the three teams other than I know New Prairie is pretty tough every year.

If I knew the answer to that, I'd probably be coaching somewhere, or out in Vegas handicapping games.  I'm just going by current Sagarin for an objective view of things.  And I said Andrean had played teams better than Cass, not West Lafayette.  Howerver, here's where these teams are ranked state-wide currently:

16.  Merrillville

22.  New Prairie

23.  West Lafayette

30.  Hobart

33.  Lewis Cass

62.  Pioneer

72.  Andrean

Obviously you can only take so much from the rankings because we've seen both West Lafayette and Lewis Cass beat one another this year.  The main point is that Andrean has played 3 teams ranked around/above Lewis Cass and West Lafayette and I believe they are the only 2A team left that can say that.  

4 hours ago, XStar said:

No I don't think its a knock on CASS at all. I wasn't trying to sound like a know it all either. Other than CASS being my Alma Mater and knowing some of the coaching staff, I have no link. I think you make a valid point with SOS. I've thought this from the beginning when I saw ANDREAN on film week 1. They are big, fast, and underrated, that is a scary combo. I just imagine anyone who breaks down film will not look past this ANDREAN team. I know I didn't, and they didn't get much love all season and they are playing with GIANTS on the GRIDIRON. I remember thinking they would not be fun to play.

9 hours ago, XStar said:

If I knew the answer to that, I'd probably be coaching somewhere, or out in Vegas handicapping games.  I'm just going by current Sagarin for an objective view of things.  And I said Andrean had played teams better than Cass, not West Lafayette.  Howerver, here's where these teams are ranked state-wide currently:

16.  Merrillville

22.  New Prairie

23.  West Lafayette

30.  Hobart

33.  Lewis Cass

62.  Pioneer

72.  Andrean

Obviously you can only take so much from the rankings because we've seen both West Lafayette and Lewis Cass beat one another this year.  The main point is that Andrean has played 3 teams ranked around/above Lewis Cass and West Lafayette and I believe they are the only 2A team left that can say that.  

I should have worded the question better asking how the three compare to WL and not are they better. Your definitely right on Andrean being the only team that has played a schedule tougher than Lewis Cass left. You could make the case for Eastbrook's early schedule but their conference opponents other than Miss, not impressive.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 5:31 PM, XStar said:

Who do  you think wins between Cass and Andrean?

Andrean is better than any team Cass played in their sectional.  It sounds like they have a good run offense.  I am not sure about their run defense considering the rushing stats the Bombers put on them.  Cass offense is very tough to stop with all of their weapons.  A lot of big play TD's even against West Lafayette.  I think a 80 yard run, a 60 yard pass and a 45 yard pass.  

I will take the Kings by two scores 

42 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

key note:   #3 Nick Flesher did not suit up against Hobart or New Prairie 

He brings so much to their offense as far as lining him up at SE, Slot, RB, QB   

Was he the difference maker, your turnovers or combination?

IMO, their offense looked less dynamic with Flesher on the sidelines, they seemed to be playing with MORE confidence with his return.     Make no mistake about it, #8 Walsh is the DUDE on that team.  

He didn't play defense, but yea self inflicted fumbles are tough to swallow with our offensive output.   Very uncharacteristic of our kids.  It happens, sadly 

I thought most of our issues was not maintaining leverage when WALSH bounced it once we shut down inside run windows.   We wanted to make #12 throw for 1st downs to move the chains, that didn't come to fruition, except on a 3rd and 12 and our Safety had a tough angle to the seam.  

#3 is a big time game changer at QB. Not nearly as dynamic as the QB Cass played back in 2012 (can't remember his name but he was one of the best players I've suited up against), but he can make big time plays with his feet. I haven't been super impressed with the passing game from Andrean from the film I've watched but they have the athletes at wide receiver for it to be effective. 

All I know is this:   CASS FANS:    GET THERE EARLY!!!    Broadway is a NIGHTMARE on Friday Night trying to get into Andrean.    Pull into the 1st access road to the right off Broadway, its a one way to the back of the school and parking areas.   

If you try to get there at 645 you will regret it.  Region Traffic is not so kind at times. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2019 at 1:18 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

2a.- I gotta go with my Kings and no more of this OT horse bleep.

4a. I like New Prairie in a slobber Knocker.

6a. Way out of my lane here but Cass has a former player who coaches with Bart at Warsaw so I will take Warsaw for their first Regional Championship.