Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

219 Lake County Hosting 3 big Regional Games

https://www.usa-365.com/Renegade_Magnificent-7_NWI_Week-13_Football_Poll_11-13-2019.htm

I think Cass is looking at this as well from same website:

5.) (2A) Andrean (9-3)
2018 (10-2), 2017 (8-4), 2016 (5-6), 2015 (7-4)

MERRILLVILLE – Andrean outran Rensselaer 44-34 for the Class 2A Sectional 33 championship last week yards in a game that wasn't totally flattering to the 59ers. I’m looking at a box score that had Rensselaer running 56 times for 468 yards against a 59er defense that hadn't been smoked like that all season. Not by Merrillville. Not by New Prairie. But 59er halfback Ryan Wash ran 21 times for 167 yards. All-purpose back Nick Flesher scored three TDs. Andrean led all the way but the 468 rushing yards against them is a major red flag. It should be noted, however, that the 59ers have lost only to 6A No. 5 Merrillville (10-1), 4A No. 4 New Prairie (11-1) and NCC champion Hobart (10-2). So 2A No. 1 Lewis Cass (11-1) isn't going to scare the 59ers. Warm up the scoreboard for this one as both teams won't be stopped from

6A Merrillville beats Warsaw by multiple touchdowns.

4A Hobarts D shuts down Ketterer and NP wont stop Hobarts O. Brickies win By 14

2A Lewis Cass hasnt played a team like Andrean. Andrean has played multiple games against team far superior to Lewis Cass ( Hobart, Merrillville, New Praire). Andrean wins by at least 14.

58 minutes ago, Graphic Context said:

I know for a fact that this man hasn't been the kindest to us, and even predicted us losing to teams we dominated this year, so sometimes he does seem out of touch...

You might be correct on that statement but he did have you guys losing to Andrean in the sectional semi-finals and even had you guys scoring some point 35-14. In reality the score was 27-0 Andrean won and you only had 100 yards of offense. So in this particular prediction he gave you too much credit thinking you guys would score twice. I guess he does make a mistake or two in his predictions 👌https://www.usa-365.com/Mr_Picker_Week_11_Football_Picks_10-28-2019.htm

13 minutes ago, Spock said:

You might be correct on that statement but he did have you guys losing to Andrean in the sectional semi-finals and even had you guys scoring some point 35-14. In reality the score was 27-0 Andrean won and you only had 100 yards of offense. So in this particular prediction he gave you too much credit thinking you guys would score twice. I guess he does make a mistake or two in his predictions 👌https://www.usa-365.com/Mr_Picker_Week_11_Football_Picks_10-28-2019.htm

I am not really sure why that provoked such a hostile response unless you are the man himself. It was not intended to hurt anyone's feelings, so I apologize if it did. I was just offering an alternative perspective.

Edited by Graphic Context

Walsh and Andrean did what they do and really leaned on Cass over and over again.   Tough to stop.   Big throw in 1st half to Flesher.   Cass offense couldn't get time to throw before Andrean was getting to QB.  

Scary is Walsh in JR.  Andrean will be loaded next year too.   

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

Very surprised by the Hobart score. I saw NP early in the season and thought that was the biggest 4A team I’d ever seen. And I’ve never seen a Russ Radtke team come out flat in a big game. What happened?

The Hobart Defense is really, really good. Statistically there has probably been better defenses at Hobart, but on the field flying to the football. They are unreal. After the first drive they completely shut it all down save for a long 50yd run in the 4th by the NP qb. 

The Region as a whole is a little surprising.  I think everyone knew Valpo would be good, MC was supposed to be but they fell on hard times. 
Merrillville I think was a wait and see. 
Andrean dropping to 2A gave people some hope they could make a run but nothing was for sure. 
Morton had the hype train with all the D1 (potentially) kids. And Hobart was a team building momentum but maybe not ready for prime time. 

I don’t know if I ever remember more than maybe 2 Region teams in a semi state, and I think all of them have a decent chance with Merrillville having the most daunting of the bunch....but certainly not a gimme for Carmel. Still think Valpo is the most likely to get through and that says a lot seeing how good Dwenger is. 
On top of that Hobart is very young, Andrean is young, so that bodes well for them sticking around next year for a good run. I don’t know if there is a golden age coming but certainly it’s been a renaissance year for the Region. 

I can’t imagine the 219 party that could be coming to Naptown. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, GATA said:

The Hobart Defense is really, really good. Statistically there has probably been better defenses at Hobart, but on the field flying to the football. They are unreal. After the first drive they completely shut it all down save for a long 50yd run in the 4th by the NP qb. 

The Region as a whole is a little surprising.  I think everyone knew Valpo would be good, MC was supposed to be but they fell on hard times. 
Andrean dropping to 2A gave people some hope they could make a run but nothing was for sure. 
Morton had the hype train with all the D1 (potentially) kids. And Hobart was a team building momentum but maybe not ready for prime time. 

I don’t know if I ever remember more than maybe 2 Region teams in a semi state, and I think all of them have a decent chance with Merrillville having the most daunting of the bunch....but certainly not a gimme for Carmel. Still think Valpo is the most likely to get through and that says a lot seeing how good Dwenger is. 
On top of that Hobart is very young, Andrean is young, so that bodes well for them sticking around next year for a good run. I don’t know if there is a golden age coming but certainly it’s been a renaissance year for the Region. 

I love Region football, but it’s probably a gimme for Carmel. Their defensive front 7 has a handful of D1 recruits that will not be pushed around by the Ville O/Line. Carmel’s O-Line will be too much for the Ville to handle. They have a very big D1 recruit at RB and some other good runners. It’s not easy stopping them when their O-Line is controlling the line of scrimmage. Carmel’s secondary handled a very good passing attack by Homestead. Throwing wobbly jump balls to Hughes won’t work in this one. 

On the plus side, Hobart, Andrean, and Valpo all have very legitimate chances of making it to Indy. 

1 minute ago, GATA said:

Well said and your correct there has never been 4 region teams to make it to semi state all in the same year. Someone on here will know for sure but i think 1981 is the first time there actually was the semi state round. Hobart went to state in 79, and 80 and just played a regional, the semi state must have came with the expansion of classes. As far as the rest of your break down here. I think the coaching change at Valpo was the difference here don't know all the details but at some point the Valpo players need a fresh start cause they always have the talent in the school but getting the best kids in your school on the field playing as a unit with a staff and system they trust was key for them. Merrillville is a similar story in my opinion but for them they really need to get back to the discipline level they played with earlier in the season, I watched this team completely shut down my Brickies then absolutely take it to Valpo and they really should have won that game. If the real Merrillville shows up they can and will beat Carmel and any other big Indy school they will win state if they play like did against Hobart and Valpo. With Andrean playing 2a ball is kinda silly I felt bad for Lewis Cass what a great season for them, but lets not spoil this conversation with my dislike for the private school situation in Indiana sports. Andrean has progressed so much over the course of the season and have played one of the most difficult schedules possible for any 2a school which is really showing now. They are all tough hard nose kids that want to be good, I think they have a great shot at playing another private school in the state finals lol. Your right on point again Hobart and Andrean are younger. Hobart for example is mostly juniors. Hobart had 9 seniors start the season week 4 nothing crazy they all decided late that they wanted to come out for the team for their senior years all of which had played football prior seasons, in a true act of class and respect from both sides Coach Osika left it up to the team to let these kids on the team and the kids chose to let them come back in a very selfless way. This situation helped build the family first attitude of this team. Pretty smart move by both parties,  I believe that also helped push them forward in this incredible season.

I'll say it here first 

Valpo Beats Dwenger by at least 21

Merrilliville beats Carmel by 7

Hobart beats East Noble by 17

Andrean beats Eastbrook by 14

48 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

Well said and your correct there has never been 4 region teams to make it to semi state all in the same year. Someone on here will know for sure but i think 1981 is the first time there actually was the semi state round. Hobart went to state in 79, and 80 and just played a regional, the semi state must have came with the expansion of classes. As far as the rest of your break down here. I think the coaching change at Valpo was the difference here don't know all the details but at some point the Valpo players need a fresh start cause they always have the talent in the school but getting the best kids in your school on the field playing as a unit with a staff and system they trust was key for them. Merrillville is a similar story in my opinion but for them they really need to get back to the discipline level they played with earlier in the season, I watched this team completely shut down my Brickies then absolutely take it to Valpo and they really should have won that game. If the real Merrillville shows up they can and will beat Carmel and any other big Indy school they will win state if they play like did against Hobart and Valpo. With Andrean playing 2a ball is kinda silly I felt bad for Lewis Cass what a great season for them, but lets not spoil this conversation with my dislike for the private school situation in Indiana sports. Andrean has progressed so much over the course of the season and have played one of the most difficult schedules possible for any 2a school which is really showing now. They are all tough hard nose kids that want to be good, I think they have a great shot at playing another private school in the state finals lol. Your right on point again Hobart and Andrean are younger. Hobart for example is mostly juniors. Hobart had 9 seniors start the season week 4 nothing crazy they all decided late that they wanted to come out for the team for their senior years all of which had played football prior seasons, in a true act of class and respect from both sides Coach Osika left it up to the team to let these kids on the team and the kids chose to let them come back in a very selfless way. This situation helped build the family first attitude of this team. Pretty smart move by both parties,  I believe that also helped push them forward in this incredible season.

I'll say it here first 

Valpo Beats Dwenger by at least 21

Merrilliville beats Carmel by 7

Hobart beats East Noble by 17

Andrean beats Eastbrook by 14

Valpo should roll, the Merrillville-Carmel game could go either way, and both the Hobart and Andrean outcomes sound about right.

1 hour ago, GATA said:

Represent.

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

And if you’re talking about the 219 in general, there are teams in the final four of 4 different classes. Is NWI football coming back?

Without question.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Interesting that no one is giving the the best team in the SAC a chance. 

Regional bias. Picking Hobart to roll a solid East Noble club and thinking Merrillville can hang with Carmel? Regional bias. My guess is Carmel over Merrillville by at least 20. Could be 30. Zac Wells took better Merrillville teams than this down to Carmel and got embarrassed. Carmel’s D is too good and they have a very solid running game this year. The other games will be within 10 points either direction. My gut is telling me Hobart and Valpo win thrillers and Eastbrook pulls away late to beat Andrean. 

1 minute ago, Boilernation said:

Regional bias. Picking Hobart to roll a solid East Noble club and thinking Merrillville can hang with Carmel? Regional bias. My guess is Carmel over Merrillville by at least 20. Could be 30. Zac Wells took better Merrillville teams than this down to Carmel and got embarrassed. Carmel’s D is too good and they have a very solid running game this year. The other games will be within 10 points either direction. My gut is telling me Hobart and Valpo win thrillers and Eastbrook pulls away late to beat Andrean. 

In my opinion, Dwenger might have the best defense in the state. I just don't see anyone "rolling" them. 

I agree with Carmel winning big. I'm rooting for Merrillville, but Carmel is Carmel. I see them handling Merrillville in the same fashion they handled Homestead. 

I really don't know anything about Hobart and East Noble other than Sagarin having EN as a 1 pt favorite. 

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

In my opinion, Dwenger might have the best defense in the state. I just don't see anyone "rolling" them. 

I agree with Carmel winning big. I'm rooting for Merrillville, but Carmel is Carmel. I see them handling Merrillville in the same fashion they handled Homestead. 

I really don't know anything about Hobart and East Noble other than Sagarin having EN as a 1 pt favorite. 

You realize the Sagarin ratings had Morton and Np over Hobart too. Fun info to look at but they are not a very good thing to look at for game predictions