Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Heritage Hills 12-0 at Lawrenceburg 11-1

2 hours ago, Art VanDelay said:

No Way!!!  P74, you must have sustained too many concussions riding the Raven at Holiday World!  Not taking anything away from the top 3 teams in the PAC, but to say EC would be 1-2 or 0-3 vs them this year is ridiculous!  I'm sure the top 3 teams in the PAC are no joke but so is EC!  For arguments sake I'd say EC would be 3-0 or 2-1.  EC's defense was too good this year!

Fair enough, I can respect that!! 

Good luck to both Friday!! To deserving teams!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Art VanDelay said:

No Way!!!  P74, you must have sustained too many concussions riding the Raven at Holiday World!  Not taking anything away from the top 3 teams in the PAC, but to say EC would be 1-2 or 0-3 vs them this year is ridiculous!  I'm sure the top 3 teams in the PAC are no joke but so is EC!  For arguments sake I'd say EC would be 3-0 or 2-1.  EC's defense was too good this year!

PS I hate the Raven more of a Lazy River kind of guy!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

Due to a reshuffling of observer assignments, turns out I will be in the house at Lawrenceburg Saturday evening. I’d love to meet some GIDers and put some faces with these screen names.

Bob, we're broadcasting this one.  So if you get to the press box early, I'll try to make sure to say hi.

16 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

THANK GOODNESS!!!

Bcaster is one of the best in the state. A consummate professional who will undoubtedly be in the Hof one day. I think baseball is his true love, but covering Heritage Hills, South Spencer, and Rockport Legion for more than 20 years... He has become the voice of each respective program. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Bcaster is one of the best in the state. A consummate professional who will undoubtedly be in the Hof one day. I think baseball is his true love, but covering Heritage Hills, South Spencer, and Rockport Legion for more than 20 years... He has become the voice of each respective program. 

I would agree! Very, Very good at what he does!... Unless the other team has a completed pass down field. Listening to him, it almost always seems like there is a missed Pass Interference call or a push off every completed pass. Nevertheless, I could not do his job!  Just want to make it known that it is O.K. for the other team to make good plays every now and then.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Listening to him, it almost always seems like there is a missed Pass Interference call or a push off every completed pass.

Not to worry. I’ll be in the press box at the start of the game and will take care of it. 🤪😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

I would agree! Very, Very good at what he does!... Unless the other team has a completed pass down field. Listening to him, it almost always seems like there is a missed Pass Interference call or a push off every completed pass. Nevertheless, I could not do his job!  Just want to make it known that it is O.K. for the other team to make good plays every now and then.

Ah, come on RoadRunner!  You know HH has never, ever committed a single flaggable violation in any game I've ever called, while the opposition is guilty of at least one on every play!!!

Seriously, though, I appreciate the kind words and accept the mild criticism as well.  Always trying to improve! 

Btw, thanks for siccing BobRef on me!  Now I'll spend all game looking over my shoulder for flags on my broadcast!

Edited by Bcaster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

We (Patriot Nation) love Steve and Michael calling games!  I am sure there is always some favoritism from all radio announcers - as unbiased as they all want to be.  I'll say this, compared to others in the conference, they are VERY mild when it comes to this.  Keep up the great work @Bcaster  and Michael!

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Appreciate the love as always, Chris.  But I'm still just the radio guy.  A different crew will be on TV.

5 minutes ago, Bcaster said:

Ah, come on RoadRunner!  You know HH has never, ever committed a single flaggable violation in any game I've ever called, while the opposition is guilty of at least one on every play!!!

Seriously, though, I appreciate the kind words and accept the mild criticism as well.  Always trying to improve! 

Btw, thanks for siccing BobRef on me!  Now I'll spend all game looking over my shoulder for flags on my broadcast!

Fortunately, there is a very good officiating crew assigned to this game, so I doubt I’ll have much to do except sit back, watch a great game, and enjoy my first trip to Lawrenceburg.

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Fortunately, there is a very good officiating crew assigned to this game, so I doubt I’ll have much to do except sit back, watch a great game, and enjoy my first trip to Lawrenceburg.

Question for you, Bobref, as an observer what exactly do you do?  And how involved can you get?

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

1 minute ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Question for you, Bobref, as an observer what exactly do you do?  And how involved can you get?

I observe the officiating crew before and during the game, and meet with them after the game to debrief. I prepare 2 reports for the IHSAA, copies of which are also provided to the crew. One is an Evaluation, in which I evaluate the crew’s performance on certain aspects set out by the IHSAA, and rate their proficiency on a scale of 1-5. The second is an Observation, in which I make detailed notes on various aspects of the crew’s performance, including observations on individual plays during the game, both things that were done well, and places where there can be improvement. These reports are used by the IHSAA as a factor that goes into determining the level to which a crew can advance in the playoffs.

As far as in-game involvement, there is zero. I spend a good part of the game on the sidelines, since I believe you cannot really judge a crew’s performance just from the press box view. You need to be on their level to see what they see, how they react, and how they interact and communicate with players, coaches, and one another. But I have no interaction with the crew whatsoever during the game.

• Thanks 1

STC is legendary...

So this is funny....my daughter is a cheerleader and she has my house full of cheerleaders tonight (obviously lots of excitement among Cutler's Cuties), and in the midst of all the annoying noise I hear from the next room one of them say, "did you know that Lawerenceburg's coach dresses as some perverted male prostitute clown?"  So I bust up in the room and ask if they are referring to the Stink Town Clown.  "Yup, that's him!"  

SMH---girls, there is no way that is the coach.  If it is he will likely be far to intoxicated to coach Saturday....so I was thinking why not just go ahead and fill that spot STC?  Great night for a guest coaching spot!

• Haha 5

HH, HH, HH  1,2,3

The STC is no way shape of form a MP. Just a master of disguise to protect his identity. Even at Connies.  Sometimes he does dress up in his STC outfit after a few BL's but most the time he walks among us. Rumor has it that last week in Hondaturd he was spotted sitting on the plank at mid field.  One of the lady picture takers took his pic not knowing they were capturing a Legend. I have seen the pics and they are fantastic. Here he is in the flesh. 

10 Best Jack Nicholson Movies

3 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

did you know that Lawerenceburg's coach dresses as some perverted male prostitute clown?"  So I bust up in the room and ask if they are referring to the Stink Town Clown.  "Yup, that's him!"  

You may see Coach K in flip flops, or a pair of camo hunting boots, but not in a clown suit. The Clown is like a Ninja, or a Leprechaun, you will never find him. Just when you think you have him....he's gone! Connie's is your ONLY chance, but all the girls are on is payroll and will never tell. You're chasing a myth