Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Heritage Hills 12-0 at Lawrenceburg 11-1

Just went by the "Pit" and seen someone sitting at mid-field. My guess it was the STC in one of his many disguises. Bet he was making a reservation at Connie's and getting an early start on Saturday.  Who knows where he will show up later today.

STC.jpg.bc3f15832d945be0afa0d78e3969d828.jpg

31 minutes ago, StinkTownClown said:

Rico, Rico, Rico 1.2.3.

you are basing your opinion

off of what, please tell STC.

I am sure you know tons about the Pats

but tell us what you know about the Tigers attack?

The only thing easy in the Dirty Burg are

lap dances and boogie night girls!

My concern when I evaluate Lawrenceburg is their defense.  I don't like that they gave up 35 points to Batesville.  If you look back in recent seasons when they've had to play really good teams, their defenses just haven't been able to stop anyone.  Because of this, Heritage Hills will control the line of scrimmage with the flexbone and keep the Tigers high powered offense off the field.  I'm not a big believer in a sophomore quarterback being able to win a game like this either.  I expect Heritage Hills to force several turnovers.  Nothing against Lawerenceburg and they may prove me wrong, but I'm not going to bet on them until they do.  I will say their stadium is one of the best venues I've ever been to.

34 minutes ago, Uncle Rico said:

My concern when I evaluate Lawrenceburg is their defense.  I don't like that they gave up 35 points to Batesville.  If you look back in recent seasons when they've had to play really good teams, their defenses just haven't been able to stop anyone.  Because of this, Heritage Hills will control the line of scrimmage with the flexbone and keep the Tigers high powered offense off the field.  I'm not a big believer in a sophomore quarterback being able to win a game like this either.  I expect Heritage Hills to force several turnovers.  Nothing against Lawerenceburg and they may prove me wrong, but I'm not going to bet on them until they do.  I will say their stadium is one of the best venues I've ever been to.

Heritage Hills has also seen one of the best sophomore quarterbacks, according to the scouting services. A scrambling QB *HAS* always been HH's kryptonite. Most recently Tri-West, but going back to Memorial and Andrean in the 00's. People ask why I bring up the history. While HH is using different schemes and has brought in new coaching blood, the heart of HH's coaching staff is the same. There have been definite improvements in HH's secondary and other coaches have commented this year on how good the HH LB's are. I expect HH to get some early pressure on the L-Burg QB with some various blitzes and stunts, perhaps some zone blitzes. After that we'll see if L-Burg can get the HH offense off the field. 

Hey do I smell Page 10 or is that just Stinktown?

I am still confused how this considered a great venue to watch football, yes they have turf and its in a pit,

but how is

the smell

seating for 100 visitors

being surrounded by hillsides covered in rocks

a press box that holds 8 people 

playing next to a highway while semis drive by

and that damn fake tiger growl every 5 minutes a great atmosphere

its all still better when you had standing water all year mosquitos the size of hummingbirds and a press box that held 4 and swayed when a semi went by

26 minutes ago, TheDoc said:

being surrounded by hillsides covered in rocks

Surrounded by hillsides - that is the best part. That and you can stand on the elevated portion of The Pit and actually SEE the game. Consider it to be like "club" seating at your favorite NFL venue.

SInce this is Indiana, home of open wheel dirt racing, think of The Pit as the dirt track equivalent of Bloomington Speedway, but without the woods.

but how is

the smell

Often there is no smell.

Sometimes you might smell KFC down the road.

Sometimes you might smell bourbon being distilled.

Who doesn't like and bourbon AND fried chicken? (Other than @TheDoc)

For the STC to know I didn't forget him - since Connie's is to the southeast it is rare for the smell of G-Strings, baby oil, and Summer's Eve to make it over to Dick Meador Stadium. Only on very special occasions does that waft over.

seating for 100 visitors

Seriously, the visitors stands aren't large, but c'mon 100 people? They look smaller than they are because of the scale of the place being down in the pit. You can find somewhere to watch the game, I promise.

a press box that holds 8 people

Why does ANY regular fan care about the size of the press box? Doesn't affect me....

playing next to a highway while semis drive by

You get a smidge of credit for this point, the trucks and traffic aren't ideal, but it isn't like they are going by at 60 mph either.

and that damn fake tiger growl every 5 minutes a great atmosphere

That Tiger growl and The Voice of the Tigers is one of the best things about a trip to the Burg's Pit. The Voice of the Tigers is truly an asset to the community.

Edited by TheLip2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually sounds very similar to The Jungle at Heritage Hills. The field is situated in a valley between a creek lined by trees (jungle) and the home sideline sits about 50 feet lower than the school and parking lot. Fans encircle the field to create a real sense of being surrounded. I wish they'd move that silly track though. 

FYI, the real pit in Southern Indiana is the Pit in Mount Carmel, Ill. (Not a typo, it's one of the most unique venues in the country for HS football.)

AR-170319857.jpg

2 minutes ago, StinkTownClown said:

Lip, Lip, Lip 1.2.3.

Love how you report on "All Things in Stink Town City".

The Clowns have already started in on the Tiger BL's

as always, you know we are used to the smell!

STC, STC, STC 1.2.3.

1) I do know a few things about the Whisky City, Stink Town, Ski Town, Gamble Town, Tiger Town, and The 'Burg.

2) Have to defend the honor of Tiger Town. (Visions of swaying press boxes, skinny fields, and gagging fans being hauled away by giant skeeters.)

3) Everyone knows the clown starts early with Tiger BL's. 

DSC3469.jpg

hw-on-the-roof.jpg

o.jpg

10 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Is the pressbox on the visitors side bleachers or what? because it looks like there would be PLENTY of seating on the opposite end of the field.

• Like 1

To answer your question YES IT DOES SMELL ( its the Seagram's Distillery) and it smells like death and cat food, the NYC subway has nothing on the smell of this place

Sometimes it travels miles up the hill to those of us who look down on the dirty burg

I still remember when the Crock would go yell at the cheapskates who would sit on the curb of a state hwy to watch the game because they were to cheap to buy a ticket

Nothing but love for my boys who run the show and the success of their program and I must say they have improved the facilities 1000%,

still not sure they compete with the Trojan Nation for great place to watch a game with top tier facilities

anything tops the ark, the smoke and mud show at SD, and the horse track with dead grass at dog town,  or the 6 fans in the home stands at connertucky

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Is the pressbox on the visitors side bleachers or what? because it looks like there would be PLENTY of seating on the opposite end of the field.

Yes, brilliant right, and for the life of me I cant figure out why

Just what you want is the chain crew on your home sideline every week

Edited by TheDoc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1