Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Regional: Mater Dei @ Triton Central

TC on play #22 of drive that already has eaten up the entire 3rd qtr.  TC scores on 3 & goal from 6 in line on 1st play of 4th qtr. 

Could not have been a more perfect drive by TC.  MD on the ropes heading into the wind down 13 - 0 to start 4th qtr

Edited by MDAlum82

11 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Tri Central is playing really good football. 
Wonder if MD regrets leaving at 5:30 A.M? I think I would have went up Friday.  

Starters/Varsity went up Friday night is what I was told.

Rest of team left at 5:30 this morning

Just now, MDAlum82 said:

The INT will seal this win for TC.  Congratulations to Triton Central & best of luck next week vs WeBo.  

Tough break. Mater Dei really developed as a team this year. Would love to see this at the Bowl if the tables were turned, but I'm sure Coach Goebel will make no excuses while talking to the media and praise his opponent. The IHSAA is so concerned about out of state travel, but doesn't seem to care too much about tournament travel especially involving P/P schools. 

Just now, gonzoron said:

According to info earlier in the thread, visiting team picks the day of the game.

And the home team set the game for 11 am Central time... Yeah yeah Girls sports in the evening a 2 pm kickoff would've been much more realistic... 

HH is playing at Lawrenceburg at 6 tonight. 

2 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

And the home team set the game for 11 am Central time... Yeah yeah Girls sports in the evening a 2 pm kickoff would've been much more realistic... 

HH is playing at Lawrenceburg at 6 tonight. 

Some great excuses. Dwenger wasn't crying last night.

1 minute ago, Cappy said:

MD and coach Goebel have experience playing both days and at almost all times. They got beat by a better team today.

Today is the key word. I haven't seen them play earlier this year, but they couldn't have made it this far in the tourney playing like they did today, although at times they looked great today also. I'm sure they're a better team than what we saw today. Some tough breaks, just kept adding up.

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Is the Happe any relation to the Clint Happe who played RB and LB for Memorial in the mid 00s? He was a pretty good wrestler too. 

Happe beat me 5-2 back in my glory days. He was a two time place winner I think. I'd say most of the Happe's are related down there...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arrow95 said:

Happe beat me 5-2 back in my glory days. He was a two time place winner I think. I'd say most of the Happe's are related down there...

I believe he then went to Wabash. I haven't talked to him since college, but he was a great person to get to know practicing for a week for a SW Indiana HS All-Star Game that no longer exists. Gibson Southern's current coach QB'd the winning West squad. 

I digress. I hope Mater Dei is back and better next year. They are pretty much guaranteed to be back in the regional. Good luck TC.

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

TC pulled a RCHS:  I was just talking about our drive in 2009 in another thread this week.   TC just did the exact same thing we did.  Entire 3rd quarter eaten scored on the 1st play of 4th.  

Hey Coach me and Big Santa were talking after our loss last night. We need to get together this off-season. We’ll do whatever we need to for that to happen.