Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Regional: Mater Dei @ Triton Central

33 minutes ago, 36_Belly said:

If the Panthers play like they did last night, they will punish whatever teams are remaining. With that said, I'll take Eastbrook by 5.

On 11/9/2019 at 7:42 PM, XStar said:

IMO, Mater Dei is the best team left in the south.  I think they win this one.

On 11/11/2019 at 6:32 PM, tango said:

I mean no disrespect to Triton Central, but I just don't see this being all that close.  I realize common opponent match-ups can be misleading, but TC lost to Indian Creek by 8 and MD flat-out pounded Indian Creek in a running clock game that was never even close.  I really expected IC to give MD a game.  With what MD has done the last 2 weeks to 2 good 2A teams, what does TC do?  How do they stack up to Linton and North Knox?  

Please for your wallets sake, dont bet on sports!

On 11/12/2019 at 2:48 PM, Paladin said:

LOL, here's my "snarky" pick. MD 35-17...here's my "bush league" pick MD 35-17.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:51 AM, itiswhatitis said:

Friday night or Saturday during the day time, it makes no difference.  Mater Dei wins the South and plays for the 2A title Thanksgiving weekend. 

Forget about TC, you realize there is a defending champ still left that better than last season, right?

On 11/14/2019 at 1:07 PM, Footballfan78 said:

Mater Dei has been overrated all year. I cant possibly see a way that Triton doesn't smash Mater Dei.

You know football my friend!

On 11/14/2019 at 1:40 PM, MDAlum82 said:

Not certain what “hype” you are referencing with your comment but my follow up would be to ask if you have seen them play; live, in-person, on tape, at all?  Have you read a newspaper article on them, checked out a box score?  Hard to evaluate any team without some base line perspective.  

On 11/14/2019 at 2:25 PM, itiswhatitis said:

Hype?  You need to take off the blindfold and maybe look up what that word means.  Mater Dei's schedule:  two 5A teams, four 4A teams, two 3A teams, and only ONE 2A team.  TC's schedule:  two 3A teams, five 2A teams and one 1A team to which TC lost.  Mater Dei's SOS is 124 while TC's is 185.  Mater Dei went 7 - 2 against that schedule only losing to 5A Castle (on the road) 13 - 0 and 10 - 3 at home against 4A Memorial who is still in the 4A tournament.  Mater Dei beat #6 ranked Evansville Central (ON THE ROAD) 10 - 7 in the 8th game of the season.  I don't know where you come up with "hype".  The facts are in the numbers.  Their defense is the strength of the team. and their kicker is the best I've seen this year.  What is TC's best win, 3A Greensburg, the 32nd ranked 3A team?  TC has nothing that Mater Dei hasn't already seen.  Athletes?  They've played against good ones.  Offense?  They've beaten good ones.  Defenses?  They've scored on good ones.  Sorry, but there is NO "hype" surrounding Mater Dei.  I'm telling you they are THAT good.  Oh they still have to play the game.  It's just a formality.

With all do respect, football is different up past I-70! 

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 2
  • Kill me now 1
  • Sit and spin 1

27 minutes ago, Paladin said:

LOL, feeling disrespected are we? Accept your win with a little class, because 9 times out of 10 MD will beat triton.  just the facts, year in and year out MD is a better program. Wouldn't have said this and would rather just congratulated your team. Try to stay grounded, then you will have a healthier outlook.lol

Well 2 out of three ain’t bad... 2011 48-14, 2014 28-14

8 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

The important thing I want to know is did the Triton Central girls win their basketball game?

I hope the football game today wasn’t too much of an inconvenience.

I don't think it's over yet. I did hear they planned to announce updates at the game on Vincennes/Mater Dei girl's game for those fans who were too tired to drive back to Evansville.

17 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Inferiority complex? If you dwell on these kinds of things it can play on your mind, kinda looks like it may have already started. Try to just chill and relax, it's just a football game. mercy, there's help available!!! Lol

What?

20 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Explain!!

Could you do the same?

Explain how I have an inferiority complex for posting that MD has won easily the two previous times these teams played? Which supported your statement that MD has a better program. How was it playing with my mind and I needed to chill? What type of help do I need? Where did your “are you a Jew” comment go?

I was actually pulling for MD today as well as the Patriots 

Was not a pretty game offensively, that's for sure.  Lots of defense.

Blocked punt was a big play that gave TC a lot of confidence.  

That third quarter drive was unbelievable.  Multiple fourth down conversions, just ground out the clock and the yards.  

MD probably should have thrown the ball more early.  TC made a great pass break up on 4th down that looked like a for sure TD when he let it go.

Edited by CaptainHook

16 hours ago, Sargent Dangle said:

With all do respect, football is different up past I-70! 

Perhaps a little dose of reality is in order here...certainly WeBo had a great run last season in winning  the 2A State Championship and looks to be a really tough out this year as well.  However, based on IHSAA records over the past 2 decades 1999 - 2019, WeBo has won just 6 Sectionals & 2 Regionals, including this season's results to date.  This hardly qualifies them to be the standard bearer for "football being different up past I-70!".  Slow your roll.

Last I checked,  there are a number teams located well south of I-70 with same # of State Titles and far more success at the Sectional, Regional, & Semi-State levels than WeBo over the same 20 year period, including, Heritage Hills, Southridge, Evv Reitz, Mater Dei & Memorial.  "Football may be different past I-70" but there is no evidence it is any more successful, esp at WeBo.  Good luck the rest of the tournament, based on what I saw vs HC, you could well hoist your 2nd straight State Title trophy at Thanksgiving.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MDAlum82 said:

Perhaps a little dose of reality is in order here...certainly WeBo had a great run last season in winning  the 2A State Championship and looks to be a really tough out this year as well.  However, based on IHSAA records over the past 2 decades 1999 - 2019, WeBo has won just 6 Sectionals & 2 Regionals, including this season's results to date.  This hardly qualifies them to be the standard bearer for "football being different up past I-70!".  Slow your roll.

Last I checked,  there are a number teams located well south of I-70 with same # of State Titles and far more success at the Sectional, Regional, & Semi-State levels than WeBo over the same 20 year period, including, Heritage Hills, Southridge, Evv Reitz, Mater Dei & Memorial.  "Football may be different past I-70" but there is no evidence it is any more successful, esp at WeBo.  Good luck the rest of the tournament, based on what I saw vs HC, you could well hoist your 2nd straight State Title trophy at Thanksgiving.  

I never once said Webo was the standard. I may smart off, but I'm not naive. My "football past 70 comment' was in regards to the strength of schedule comments. Besides there are  schools with in walkin distance with more titles than all mentioned teams combined(Sheridan, Chatard, Warren). I know exactly where Webo fits in amongst those teams. So saying I said we belong in that convo is only a theory in your mind. The only negative( which i didnt feel was) was aimed at the Eastbrook guy who said EB will beat anyone they face while playing like they are. I said the defending champs have something to say to that. Hell, i heard MD fans saying they didnt see anyone in front of them in route to LOS. I appreciate you saying we had a good shot to return as well. 

• Disdain 1