Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A Regional Championship: 4#8Mooresville @ 4#3Memorial

John Harrell favors the Pioneers by 7 points, while Massey believes the game will be a tossup match(Mooresville -1) 

Mooresville (10-2) at Evansville Memorial (10-1)
GAME TIME: 6:30 pm CT, Enlow Field.
COACHES: Mike Gillin, 24-13 in 3rd year at Mooresville, 329-130 in 41st year overall. John Hurley, 97-55 in 12th year at Memorial.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Mooresville, 77.82, 37th overall, 4th in 4A. Memorial, 71.43, 58th overall, 11th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Mooresville defeated East Central, 17-14. Memorial defeated Evansville Central, 38-14.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Mooresville 68-63. Memorial 61-56.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
jh PREDICTION: Mooresville, 28-21.
Mooresville
Mooresville, IN, USA
Evansville Mem
Evansville, IN, USA
Actual Score 0 0
Most Likely 21 20
Median 21 21
Mean 23.85 23.48
Win Probability 51% 49%

I do not know too much about Mooresville, but know they have a stud WR, a massive QB, a lot of big linemen. Have a safe travel down here in Evansville, Pioneers! There are a lot of good restaurants to eat at!

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

John Harrell favors the Pioneers by 7 points, while Massey believes the game will be a tossup match(Mooresville -1) 

COACHES: Mike Gillin, 24-13 in 3rd year at Mooresville, 329-130 in 41st year overall. John Hurley, 97-55 in 12th year at Memorial.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Mooresville, 77.82, 37th overall, 4th in 4A. Memorial, 71.43, 58th overall, 11th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Mooresville defeated East Central, 17-14. Memorial defeated Evansville Central, 38-14.
Mooresville
Mooresville, IN, USA
Evansville Mem
Evansville, IN, USA
Actual Score 0 0
Most Likely 21 20
Median 21 21
Mean 23.85 23.48
Win Probability 51% 49%

I do not know too much about Mooresville, but know they have a stud WR, a massive QB, a lot of big linemen. Have a safe travel down here in Evansville, Pioneers! There are a lot of good restaurants to eat at!

Watched the East Central game. Mooresville had a lot of trouble running straight ahead (but EC had a couple of all-staters on that D-Line). The Pioneers had better luck running wide and rolling out. Defensively they did a good job with EC’s running game. 
Mooresville MAY be the better team, but it will be very hard to go down to the pocket city and steal a win.

Should be a great game!

12 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Watched the East Central game. Mooresville had a lot of trouble running straight ahead (but EC had a couple of all-staters on that D-Line). The Pioneers had better luck running wide and rolling out. Defensively they did a good job with EC’s running game. 
Mooresville MAY be the better team, but it will be very hard to go down to the pocket city and steal a win.

Should be a great game!

I watched the game and saw that they are pretty big upfront and have loads of talent on both sides of the ball. That #71 is a big fella, wishing we had still had our Drew Hart on the team 2 years ago LOL. Anyways it should be a classic between the 2 teams and should be a fairly cold one too!

The fact that we are playing at home is huge. Mooresville fans will love the enlow scene and College HWY will be rocking! Watched EC game and I can say that they are big and can wear us down which worries me but we have the best player on the field in Brock Combs and if he played like he did Friday ...... well you know what will happen #FTF 

8 hours ago, Tiger391 said:

The fact that we are playing at home is huge. Mooresville fans will love the enlow scene and College HWY will be rocking! Watched EC game and I can say that they are big and can wear us down which worries me but we have the best player on the field in Brock Combs and if he played like he did Friday ...... well you know what will happen #FTF 

Both teams have a very gifted player that plays both ways. Ev Memorial has Brock Combs that plays both ways. Mooresville has Brayden Evans that plays both ways. Both very dynamic for their teams. Should be a good one down at Enlow for Regionals, Congrats to the Tigers on avenging their loss to the Bears in dominating fashion. Congrats to the Pioneers on beating #1 East Central in a very physical game.

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

A word of advice to Mooresville.

For the love of God and all that is holy, don’t, DON’T drive down to Enlow and play on a Friday!

Great advice! 

3-hour+ bus ride to Pocket City, then kick-off = season over!

If the game doesn't get moved to Saturday....hopefully Pioneer Players board the bus by noon EST.

22 minutes ago, troyfan said:

Great advice! 

3-hour+ bus ride to Pocket City, then kick-off = season over!

If the game doesn't get moved to Saturday....hopefully Pioneer Players board the bus by noon EST.

Nah, it's a relatively short 2.5 hour drive.  Jump on 37 South, take I-69 South from Bloomington.  Easy peasy.   Several teams have made a longer Friday night trip over the years...

Some tips for the Mooresville fans who are making the trip down for the game... 

First and foremost (and very important), Enlow Field is on the campus of Bosse HS, not Memorial HS.  Bosse's campus sits at the corner of Highway 41 and Washington Avenue.  Also, Enlow Field is not the same as Bosse Field.  If you are using Google maps or Siri, use "Bosse HS", not "Bosse Field".  If the directions take you anywhere but the area near the intersection of Highway 41 and Washington Avenue, you have something wrong.  Bosse HS sits in a residential area, so there isn't a whole lot of parking at Enlow.  There is a parking lot west of the stadium, which is accessed from Washington Avenue.  That lot is on the home side, so you'll have to walk around the outside of the stadium to get to the visitor entrance on the east side (not a big deal).  There is also a lot east of Bosse HS, which is also most easily accessed from Washington Avenue and Lodge Avenue.  You can also park in the residential neighborhoods north of Bosse HS.   The east lot will start filling up with Memorial tailgaters by 4pm or so.  There will also be a lot of gatherings at houses along College Highway, which runs into Enlow from the north side.  As a result, close parking will be tough to come by unless you get there early or use the west lot.

For dining, every chain restaurant known to man is squeezed into the 1 mile strip on the far east side area of Evansville between I-69 and Burkart Road along Highway 62 (that we refer to as Lloyd Expressway).  After you eat, take the Lloyd W to Highway 41 S and the stadium is just a few stoplights away on your left.  Turn left onto Washington Avenue and you have arrived.  Enlow has plenty of visitor seating.  It's a unique old stadium - one of a kind in Indiana. 

Or better yet, skip the chains and come tailgate with us Memorial folks.  We like to have a good time and we'll have plenty of food.

Safe travels.  Be alert for deer on I-69.  Love is in the air so they are on the move...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lysander said:

For the love of God and all that is holy, don’t, DON’T drive down to Enlow and play on a Friday!

Thank god the Mooresville AD didn't see this..... Memorial athletics twitter account just confirmed 6:30 at enlow! Get up College Hwy!!!! 

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

Amen. There is no doubt. AND make sure you account for traffic in your travels so you have plenty of time to warm up :) Good luck to both teams. Should be a good match.

• Like 1

Mooresville is pretty physical with a pretty good offensive line and one outstanding receiver. They are sloppy at times and tend to turn the ball over. Their kicking game is average and they have lost their top running back. Memorial is smoother overall and can do more offensively. Combs will again be the best player on the field. Mooresville will have to ground and pound to win. Look for a 21-17 game.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, bruno_LA said:

Mooresville is pretty physical with a pretty good offensive line and one outstanding receiver. They are sloppy at times and tend to turn the ball over. Their kicking game is average and they have lost their top running back. Memorial is smoother overall and can do more offensively. Combs will again be the best player on the field. Mooresville will have to ground and pound to win. Look for a 21-17 game.

I would say the WR/S Ball State commit (Evans) and the OL with a Big Ten D1 offer, and more to come shortly (Richards, who was offered by Purdue last week and has multiple college visits coming up) may have something to say about Combs being the best player on the field....

Edited by FridayNightLights
  • Thanks 1
  • Sit and spin 1

On 11/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Mooresville
Mooresville, IN, USA
Evansville Mem
Evansville, IN, USA
Actual Score 0 0
Most Likely 21 20
Median 21 21
Mean 23.85 23.48
Win Probability 51% 49%

The lines have changed 

JH now favors Mooresville(-14), was (-7)

Massey still believes in a tossup game, but now gives Memorial(-1) a slight edge 

jh PREDICTION: Mooresville, 31-17.
www.masseyratings.com www.masseyratings.com
  Mooresville
Mooresville, IN, USA
Evansville Mem
Evansville, IN, USA
Actual Score 0 0
Most Likely 20 21
Median 21 21
Mean 23.61 23.60
Win Probability 50% 50%

Edited by TigerFan20

I agree, FNL, Evans and Richards look very, very good.  I also don't see much sloppiness on film.  Memorial hasn't seen a OL/DL with Mooresville's size all year.  We also don't have anyone who will likely get a D1 offer.  We will have our hands full.  Hopefully we can compete and make it a game. 

Lots of good players on the field this time of year. 

Mooresville looks damn near unbeatable. Especially by a school with an enrollment of 600 that’s built for 3A football. 

I am guessing that’s why Mooresville picked Friday at 6:30. Get down to Evansville, take care of EM, and rest up for SS.  

• Like 1

I'll take Mooresville 28-21. Wouldn't shock me to see it flipped. SIAC and Mid-State are both great conferences that battle test each team and get them ready for deep runs. Should be a great one. Off topic, but speaking of SIAC..Mater Dei was my pick for 2A. They're playing some good football at the right time

Edited by FridayNightLights
  • Like 1