Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A Regional Championship: 4#8Mooresville @ 4#3Memorial

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Mooresville looks damn near unbeatable. Especially by a school with an enrollment of 600 that’s built for 3A football. 

I am guessing that’s why Mooresville picked Friday at 6:30. Get down to Evansville, take care of EM, and rest up for SS.  

image.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • Kill me now 1

4 hours ago, Screagle said:

Lots of good players on the field this time of year. 

Mooresville looks damn near unbeatable. Especially by a school with an enrollment of 600 that’s built for 3A football. 

I am guessing that’s why Mooresville picked Friday at 6:30. Get down to Evansville, take care of EM, and rest up for SS.  

Doubt it. Just an FYI 6:30 Evansville time is 7:30 Indianapolis time. Not sure what will come of this game. While some may think the Pioneers haven’t played some talent, I would disagree. Not a lot of players more talented than Kenny Tracy (Decatur Central). They are definitely battle tested (as is Memorial). The Pioneers RB has been out since prior to Martinsville Rd 2 sectionals. They’ve done just fine with his back-up

5 hours ago, FridayNightLights said:

I would say the WR/S Ball State commit (Evans) and the OL with a Big Ten D1 offer, and more to come shortly (Richards, who was offered by Purdue last week and has multiple college visits coming up) may have something to say about Combs being the best player on the field....

I would like to offer an opinion from a reasonably impartial observer...I say reasonably because, full disclosure, my mother was a Memorial grad who "found Jesus" later in life when she married my Father and "converted" to a die-hard MD fan, but I digress... 

I have watched Combs tear up the competition from both sides of the ball for the past 2 years.  Your WR & O lineman may be more talented at their respective positions but Combs will influence all aspects of the game; offense, defense,  - it's been rumored he sells programs before the game & half-price pizza in 4th quarter.  He is the all-around, real deal .

Like his brother who graduated last year, he is one of the best all around high school football players in recent memory in the So Indiana region.  No idea how he ranks as a college prospect but if you view the tape from last week's game vs Central, I think you will be impressed by his dominating play at multiple positions; DE, D line, FB, & RB.  If you can manage to control his overall influence on the game, it will go a long way towards helping Mooresville win.  Keeping it in the family...Memorial 24 - 21.  Hold that Tiger...

mi dos centavos

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

I would like to offer an opinion from a reasonably impartial observer...I say reasonably because, full disclosure, my mother was a Memorial grad who "found Jesus" later in life when she married my Father and "converted" to a die-hard MD fan, but I digress... 

I have watched Combs tear up the competition from both sides of the ball for the past 2 years.  Your WR & O lineman may be more talented at their respective positions but Combs will influence all aspects of the game; offense, defense,  - it's been rumored he sells programs before the game & half-price pizza in 4th quarter.  He is the all-around, real deal .

Like his brother who graduated last year, he is one of the best all around high school football players in recent memory in the So Indiana region.  No idea how he ranks as a college prospect but if you view the tape from last week's game vs Central, I think you will be impressed by his dominating play at multiple positions; DE, D line, FB, & RB.  If you can manage to control his overall influence on the game, it will go a long way towards helping Mooresville win.  Keeping it in the family...Memorial 24 - 21.  Hold that Tiger...

mi dos centavos

I don't mind that prediction 😀. The score should be in the 14-30 range in my opinion, going to be a classic!

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Doubt it. Just an FYI 6:30 Evansville time is 7:30 Indianapolis time. Not sure what will come of this game. While some may think the Pioneers haven’t played some talent, I would disagree. Not a lot of players more talented than Kenny Tracy (Decatur Central). They are definitely battle tested (as is Memorial). The Pioneers RB has been out since prior to Martinsville Rd 2 sectionals. They’ve done just fine with his back-up

Well aware of Indy time....just pointing out when game is being played. Never questioned their schedule or the talent they play. 

I think EM is huge underdog. Mooresville will have the 3 best players on the field. 

Edited by Screagle

10 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

Like his brother who graduated last year, he is one of the best all around high school football players in recent memory in the So Indiana region.  No idea how he ranks as a college prospect but if you view the tape from last week's game vs Central, I think you will be impressed by his dominating play at multiple positions; DE, D line, FB, & RB.  If you can manage to control his overall influence on the game, it will go a long way towards helping Mooresville win. 

Brock Combs is a terrific player. Mooresville will definitely have to find a way to stop him Offensively and try to limit his impact defensively. Playing great athletes like Combs will not be something new to Mooresville. They did play a team with an athlete of his caliber this year in Decatur Central's Kenny Tracy. They were fortunate to limit him to 60 yards on 10 carries and 1 Rec for 10 yards. They had to try and bottle up East Central's Fike and Donawerth last week too and were able to keep them limited in rushing. You are more than likely not going to completely shut down Combs, but I agree they will need to manage or try to control his impact on the game. 

8 hours ago, Screagle said:

Well aware of Indy time....just pointing out when game is being played. Never questioned their schedule or the talent they play. 

I think EM is huge underdog. Mooresville will have the 3 best players on the field. 

Ev Memorial is not a huge underdog by any stretch of the imagination especially playing at home. Not fooling anyone with that statement. Both teams Memorial and Mooresville will have terrific players on the field. The Pioneers will have their hands full with Pence, Hurley, Combs, McCool, and Russell while on Defense. While on Offense they will have to manage Combs, Auker, Johnson, and Jones. I think both teams will want to establish the run, but both can throw the ball very effectively. It will be a good one for sure.

Edited by FastpacedO
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

Just from experience of driving down the Evansville and playing on a Friday Night and winning. Its not IMPOSSIBLE.  Monrovia did it in 2016 driving down on Friday, and playing MD in the Bowl the same evening.

Agreed, Keeping in mind also Monrovia and Mooresville being Southwest outside of Indianapolis is a shorter travel than say teams traveling from the Northeast side of Indianapolis.

1 minute ago, Knightmare said:

This should be another great game.  I was surprised to see Mooresville win over EC, but can you ever really count out Coach Gillin and crew!?  I think the winner of this game will represent the South in LOS.

I like Mooresville 23-21

Yes , Mooresville has quietly stepped it up this year. They played a very tough schedule. Common sense says Mooresville in this one, I just think home field advantage tips the scale. 

35 minutes ago, southend said:

Yes , Mooresville has quietly stepped it up this year. They played a very tough schedule. Common sense says Mooresville in this one, I just think home field advantage tips the scale. 

I would say Mooresville stepped it up last year and maintained a steady program this year. They advanced to the Regional's last year losing a tight one to Marion 19-13 finishing 11-2. This year they had 1 more loss than last year in the regular season, but their 2 losses this year were to 5A Decatur Central 24-21 and 5A Whiteland 17-13. They were extremely competitive in both games. Coach Gillin and his staff have done a great job of rebuilding the program and maintaining a strong program.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2019 at 10:44 PM, Tiger391 said:

but we have the best player on the field in Brock Combs

Not to take anything away from Brock Combs, he's a great player, but I wouldn't make that comment after watching Mooresville play EC.  Number 6 and their bookend tackles may have a say in who the best player will be on the field this Friday night.  

On 11/11/2019 at 10:03 AM, troyfan said:

3-hour+ bus ride to Pocket City, then kick-off = season over!

How ignorant to say their season is over because of traveling a couple hours and being the visitor.  I'd say give Memorial a TD for being the home team, but if Mooresville is hitting on all cylinders I don't see how they don't come away with the victory!  Mooresville - 28  Memorial - 17.  They are just too big and strong for Memorial to stop their run game.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Art VanDelay said:

Number 6 and their bookend tackles may have a say in who the best player will be on the field this Friday night.  

They are just too big and strong for Memorial to stop their run game.

That will certainly be a match-up to watch.  IMO, our ability to stop (or maybe just slow down) the Mooresville run game will be the deciding factor in this game.

8 minutes ago, Art VanDelay said:

Not to take anything away from Brock Combs, he's a great player, but I wouldn't make that comment after watching Mooresville play EC.  Number 6 and their bookend tackles may have a say in who the best player will be on the field this Friday night.  

#6 has some decent numbers. but #13 will be the better WR. #1 is a very good WR too.

21 minutes ago, Art VanDelay said:

How ignorant to say their season is over because of traveling a couple hours and being the visitor.  I'd say give Memorial a TD for being the home team, but if Mooresville is hitting on all cylinders I don't see how they don't come away with the victory!  Mooresville - 28  Memorial - 17.  They are just too big and strong for Memorial to stop their run game.

Yep I agree tigers d line is not good enough to keep up with that BIG BEEFY OLINE of the pioneers 

• Like 1

#6 hasn’t played offense except in short yardage and FB sets. Numbers won’t look good.  Friday was 1st time he was used as feature RB on offense. He’s a physical DE that wasn’t going to get significant touches until tournament time. Rarely stepped on field on offense in his career. 

EM will have to be firing on all cylinders. This team is fully aware of that and understands how to win in November. Still may not be enough to overcome the enormous size and strength of Mooresville. Never mind how athletic Mooresville appears to be. 

Edited by Screagle